Those with Race Star Wheels--COME ON IN!

kevinp

Established Member
That is a pretty nice Setup. I would consider that one. I dont mind if the weight savings is not that great. I currently have 20" on the back with a thinner profile, so I am HEAVIER than the stock 19". Therefore the 6 lb savings is actually more for comparatively speaking than what Im running now. Just the fact that the tire on that rim is better than the "usual" DR stuff with the 35 profile should make it a more fun car for me. I wont see much track time, and I only put about 150 miles per week on the car, so I would like a setup that is permanent..(not changing them out).

I still would like to consider the 18x10.5 in back and 17x7 or 8 in the front, but I wouldnt know which size tires to get. Im guessing the brand tire would be MT Street ET II but not too sure. Also dont know which Fronts I would use. Hoping Beefcake will chime in here soon. Nevertheless, thanks for all the replies.:rockon:
RC

The rears on mine are the ET street II radials, the M/Ts dont last a log time driving around on. With the 17" (or 18") wheels you dont need to relocate the sway bar as well with a 10" wide wheel like you have to do with a 15x10.

On a 17x7 wheel a 225/55/17 (common size tire) would put you at 26.75 inches, the 295/45/17 M/T is advertised as 27.4" but its a little shorter.

Last edited:

Need4Speed03

Established Member
Rob I dont think a 17" rim will clear your front brakes, and also dont think a 15" rim will clear your rear brakes. Mine dont leave much room for the fronts and even less for the rears. I have the 17x4.5" fronts and 15x8 rears. I would call beefcake and talk to him, he may know someone who tried it. If you want to try you can come over one day and we can try to put one on your car.

RC-5.0

Established Member
the 17's will clear everything oem except the 2013 shelby

I dont have OEM..I have Baer Big Brake Kit in the front.
IMG_8805_zps2e2c89c5.jpg

I guess that leaves me OUT :whine:

What's odd is that the "fast" cars need bigger brakes, but they all use smaller rims that dont accommodate them.
:shrug::nonono:

I guess it's off to Vossen then for "style" over performance.

RC

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member

What's odd is that the "fast" cars need bigger brakes, but they all use smaller rims that dont accommodate them.

RC
bigger isnt allways better...should have gotten the strange brakes;-)

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member

RC-5.0

Established Member

gottoast

Established Member
For those guys that run the skinnies up front on there daily driver how are they in the rain?

Thanks-
Khris

MoonRider

Established Member
IMG_8805_zps2e2c89c5.jpg

RC

I wonder if the 18s in a weld rts would clear those brakes

For those guys that run the skinnies up front on there daily driver how are they in the rain?

Thanks-
Khris
I haven't run skinnies on this car yet but on my goat they sucked in rain give plenty of stopping room

FivePointOmg

BOSS 302 #1853
Established Member
Here's my setup...18x8.5 up front and 18x9 out back...They will clear any big brakes too from what I'm told...I can literally fit my fist between the rear of front wheels and the stock brake calipers lol...

Enkei Racing PF01...18lbs each and I can run regular street tires + DR's...

(this is an old pic...my tires are different now)

DSC002011_zps8c16612a.jpg

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
Here's my setup...18x8.5 up front and 18x9 out back...They will clear any big brakes too from what I'm told...I can literally fit my fist between the rear of front wheels and the stock brake calipers lol...

Enkei Racing PF01...18lbs each and I can run regular street tires + DR's...

(this is an old pic...my tires are different now)

DSC002011_zps8c16612a.jpg

are those race stars?

Users who are viewing this thread