Thinking about adding a couple new sections. Looking for input.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Man buns and $8 coffee drinks.
images-of-people-laughing-hysterically-gifs-tenor_90.gif

Morgan

Established Member
I've been seeing a major uptick in carb interest in the last couple years. You'd be blown away how many Holly still sells every year.
That’s surprising.

I would like to see content around 6r80 transplants. I’m not sure that anyone is truly successful using the USShift controller. Would the standalone section focus on engine only?

tistan

Established Member
Although I have no interest in stand alones, I see them being mentioned more often recently and find it interesting. On the carb side, I used to love rejetting (even ran slosh tubes for the inclines) the Holleys, reading the plugs and setting the timing with a light. Heck, I even remember changing the weights and springs for the advance in the distributor.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
I now have a car with one of these.....and I've never tinkered on them before...

I think both would be a good idea.

Side note, I ordered parts so the whole feed line is steel. Upgrading to the 65' fuel pump.
IMG_20210814_171607409.jpg

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

OX1

Established Member
I now have a car with one of these.....and I've never tinkered on them before...

I think both would be a good idea.

Side note, I ordered parts so the whole feed line is steel. Upgrading to the 65' fuel pump.View attachment 1782402

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

I'd consider one of these, back by the fuel tank outlet if the car sits for long periods. You can "prime" the fuel system and get fuel back to the mech pump (avoid long starts after car sits for months), as sometimes it drains back (and ssometiems fuel in carb bowl evaporates). Also helps with vapor lock, if/when you ever have that issue. You can still keep the mech fuel pump too if desired, but not necessary .

Users who are viewing this thread