There she blows!

boduke0220

Established Member
guys big brother isnt watching lol all you have to do is google his name and his youtube account comes up.....

Sucks about the motor man, your car is so sick. deff not tuning mine lol ( this is Trey, i bought your 04 a few months ago)

KILRSVT

Established Member
Wow ...Im really into the boss 302 and want one pretty bad .I am glad ford took care of this makes me want to get one even more . I would always run at least 95 octane or add some 100 octane on my car to eliminate any detonation plus with the cobra there was always the fear of the alt going out and leaning out the motor . Glad everything worked out well

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Wow ...Im really into the boss 302 and want one pretty bad .I am glad ford took care of this makes me want to get one even more . I would always run at least 95 octane or add some 100 octane on my car to eliminate any detonation plus with the cobra there was always the fear of the alt going out and leaning out the motor . Glad everything worked out well

Trouble with this is i have had issues with limp mode and misfires while using a 100 octane 93 octane mix. Roughly 5 gallons to fill up a 3/4 full tank.

Update: Motor is almost 100% ready to go. Just needs one catalytic converter and she is ready to go. Don't know why its only one, must have been an issue with shipping. Might get it back tomorrow.:banana:

KILRSVT

Established Member
Trouble with this is i have had issues with limp mode and misfires while using a 100 octane 93 octane mix. Roughly 5 gallons to fill up a 3/4 full tank.

Update: Motor is almost 100% ready to go. Just needs one catalytic converter and she is ready to go. Don't know why its only one, must have been an issue with shipping. Might get it back tomorrow.:banana:

Understood .... Glad your car is coming along

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
I will preface this post with a admission, i have never broken in a motor before so this is new to me. At start up the car sounds very different from what it use to. It sounds like alot of scraping noise from the engine. My question is, is that just the motor getting its wear patterns in or something not right going on? IDK if the video will help at all but i took one.

[youtube_browser]LFmP7ODDX5s[/youtube_browser]

Smileyboy

2V guy
Established Member
Well the starter came back defective. Took it to another dealership because they were much closer to my house. They replaced the starter and since then no serious issues. Back to breaking it in. Up to 435 miles in two days.

twistedneck

Established Member
The moment it is out of warranty you should think about getting a safer tune from one of the big guys. Get the specific road race one where its less timing, rich, etc.. and avoid that 1.0 lambda ridiculousness! if it was a defective rod bolt fine, that's very rare but you had the symptoms at the dyno shop and that just points to detonation - if it was already happening then maybe the track key tune was just way to aggressive for the fuel and outside temps. there was only one rod fail that I heard about with the world challenge guys, then they went to arp2000 / manley. but I think there was a manley fail early on too so who knows.

what could 9 road race trips do to increase detonation? that's got me confused, if it got worse each time what would fail that would make it detonate more and more??

Users who are viewing this thread