There is No reason to Buy an F150 EV OR Ecoboost.

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
We had a gal bring in her 2023 Silverado with the 2.7L 4 banger for an oil leak. 1,200 miles. Plastic oil pan is leaking. Not bad, but it is a leak. Ordered the new pan, it will be here in a week. The Salesman put her in a Loaner. On her way home she got in an accident and totaled the loner. I told the salesman he should have made her take her truck home and come back in a week for the repair (she might lose 2 tablespoons of oil in that time) that way her truck would have been totaled instead of the loaner. That way I would not have to change the oil pan...Lol.
The Ford 2.7L V-6 is definitely faster/quicker than Chevy's 2.7L 4 cyl.
Six cyl instead of four. Two turbo's instead of one, 24 valves instead of 16 ect...

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
We had a gal bring in her 2023 Silverado with the 2.7L 4 banger for an oil leak. 1,200 miles. Plastic oil pan is leaking. Not bad, but it is a leak. Ordered the new pan, it will be here in a week. The Salesman put her in a Loaner. On her way home she got in an accident and totaled the loner. I told the salesman he should have made her take her truck home and come back in a week for the repair (she might lose 2 tablespoons of oil in that time) that way her truck would have been totaled instead of the loaner. That way I would not have to change the oil pan...Lol.
Six cyl instead of four. Two turbo's instead of one, 24 valves instead of 16 ect...

No doubt.

I like the idea of an inline turbo for the simplicity of maintenance but Chevy has crammed those mofos in there and made them out of the cheapest crap in the world.

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
I actually have footage of that race…

1691278264835.gif

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Maybe I missed it, but I cannot find a Bronco, not the Escape Sport Bronco, powered by a n/a motor. All are powered by EBs.

I don't get it. Gas mileage on EBs suck, and all of them have coking issues.

From what I read, Ford could care less if you like it or not. It's EB or bust. Sounds like many bust.

I'll never buy another Ford with an EB. I own 1 and that's enough. Too much absolute, needless ****ing around.

"Put an oil separator on, change oil at 2500 miles, or else." What the hell is this? It's 2023 for God sakes. Why should I feel like I gotta babysit the motor?

I've owned numerous Fords with n/a motors and never had an issue, 4, 6, and 8 cylinders.

The 2012 2.5L AWD n/a 4 cylinder Escape we have is great. 135k miles. Runs perfectly. No issues. Solid, simple, suv. We love it!

I talked my son out of buying an Explorer for the EB reason. He's buying a Grand Cherokee.

/rant

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Maybe I missed it, but I cannot find a Bronco, not the Escape Sport Bronco, powered by a n/a motor. All are powered by EBs.

From what I read, Ford could care less if you like it or not. It's EB or bust. Sounds like many bust.

I'll never buy another Ford with an EB. I own 1 and that's enough. Too much absolute, needless ****ing around.

"Put an oil separator on, change oil at 2500 miles, or else." What the hell is this? It's 2023 for God sakes. Why should I feel like I gotta babysit the motor?

I've owned numerous Fords with n/a motors and never had an issue, 4, 6, and 8 cylinders.

The 2012 2.5L AWD n/a 4 cylinder Escape we have is great. 135k miles. Runs perfectly. No issues. Solid, simple, suv. We love it!

I talked my son out of buying an Explorer for the EB reason. He's buying a Grand Cherokee.

/rant

Sounds like you'd be in the market for a 4.6L 2V.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Had an F150 5.0 truck. Gen 3. Drank 3 quarts of oil and tapped like a mother. Then the firewall flange seal failed (recall) and the entire bottom side of the carpet was a big white matt of mold

Traded it on a Toyota. Been happy ever since.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Had an F150 5.0 truck. Gen 3. Drank 3 quarts of oil and tapped like a mother. Then the firewall flange seal failed (recall) and the entire bottom side of the carpet was a big white matt of mold

Traded it on a Toyota. Been happy ever since.

I'm of the opinion that a 2014 5.0 F-150 is the best half ton truck to own if you live in the south.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

/rant

I, too, do not want another EcoTurd. Sold my SHO and bought a new Jeep with a plain old V6. I looked hard at Toyota, but went with the mostly made in (assembled in?) Toledo Jeep.

Vote with your dollars, not with your fanboi emotions.

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member

/rant

Watch for rust on that Escape wife’s had some pop up bad on the rear quarters bye bye traded in it went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
IMO, the old steel body truck was a little tougher. Plus you could get the 6.2 in it. The downside is that they rust horribly.

Which is why I was swayed to a 15 SCREW instead of a 13-14 Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I'm of the opinion that a 2014 5.0 F-150 is the best half ton truck to own if you live in the south.

Meanwhile you can double fist the rockers on most of the 09-14's up north.

My dad has a 16 CCSB and 19 ECRB, both coyote trucks, both have been good so far. The 16 has 165k miles on it, it started throwing a cam retarding code which points to a VCT solenoid getting lazy so I got 4 new ones to do that job soon, still driving fine though. 19 had the TSB done for the tensioner chirping noise, actually had a valve cover start leaking like 15k miles after that job which they did under warranty, currently has 49k miles. Been fine otherwise. Both are holding up well rust wise underneath as well.

Users who are viewing this thread