the truth about your hypermotive tunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Funny thing is, they didn't hash anything out. Shaun was being nice, saying charge what I charge and were good.

Price went from $99, the phone call happened, went to $250, next day went to $200.

How did Jason not know? Prices just coincidentally changed? Stop it.

I too bought plenty of parts from hypermotive. I spent a good amount of money. But, what's wrong is wrong. I would absolutely not give them another penny, even if Jason PM me saying he can sell it for $xxx less then beefcake or anyone.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I am not currently tuned by Hypemotive, but I have done a TON of business with them!
Jason and Dan are personal friends of mine that I knew years before the business got started and have always been standup guys. Jason will go out of his way to help someone even knowing he may lose their business by not recommending a part for their car.
Hypermotive is a US Veteran ran company and they all have integrity.

That being said, I am surprised Jason even knew Mike was stealing the tune files.
Im sure he was under the impression that ike was doing the files himself.....then finding out the info he is trying to protect himself and the company now.
He is overseas in Germany right now but I will talk to him and find out his side of the story!
Do NOT let this sway you away from Hypermotive Performance guys! Seriously, they are a great group of guys!

Being a veteran doesn't mean SHIT. I'm sorry, but it really doesn't. I witness far too many shitbags in the military now, and they don't stop being shitbags when they get out. I would never trust somebody, or think they had integrity solely on the fact that they were a veteran.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
When they started tuning cars, and the tuner was "top secret". Everyone in the business knew something shady was going on from the getgo. It was just a matter of time. Jason also took my Paxton package and copied it practically word for word on the site, and even called it the "Hypermotive Special" after my "beefcake special", admitted it in a pm, and even said what a great idea it was. I still have it.

On the other site he posted about how "it's not about money" it's about "helping everyone".

He told me in a pm how much money he was making off tuning and how he already paid for the software many times over. I have that one too.

I love helping everyone out with great deals. But, I am in business to make profit. No one starts a business because they want to spend countless hours working for nothing.

Everyone knows me and Shaun have had our battles. We are both competitive and I support Lund 100% and he of course supports himself 100%. When all this started though, I let Shaun know I supported him 100% on this. It was a mistake on his end to give out the files. You live and learn on that. He said something on the phone about Mike being his friend. I told him, make no mistake, someone that does that to you is not your friend.

And for those that listen to the call and think "they hashed it out", it's clear Shaun was baiting him to get him to spill the beans. I would think that's obvious to anyone.

I am just amazed at the Sheeple that would let someone tune their car without having a clue who was doing the tuning. There are so many good tuners, Lund, AED, Kevin Mac, Eric Brooks, Mike Rousch, Adam Brown, Brent Hughes, the list goes on.

If you go read the thread on MM too, it's amazing how he plays the victim too.

Like I said their, we live in this society, where everyone wants something for nothing, and are never to blame. That's why my favorite person on TV is Judge Judy, lol. You do it, your paying for it and no one else.

judge-judy-zip-it.jpg

Some of us got tunes from him on good faith. Up until this I had no issues with Jason personally and took his word and a few others who went before me. Was it a risk? Sure. Decided to put my faith in him.

Lesson learned is to literally not trust anyone ever when it comes to this stuff without hard data.

SCalla1384

Established Member
Being a veteran doesn't mean SHIT. I'm sorry, but it really doesn't. I witness far too many shitbags in the military now, and they don't stop being shitbags when they get out. I would never trust somebody, or think they had integrity solely on the fact that they were a veteran.

I agree with this. I hate to say it though. But I believe this is the picture Jason is trying to paint.

I believe all his sales reps are military too.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
I agree with this. I hate to say it though. But I believe this is the picture Jason is trying to paint.

I believe all his sales reps are military too.

It really sucks, but it's reality. Some vets give the rest of us military guys a bad rep when we get out. I absolutely hate it when people try to use it as a trump card. Let your actions speak for you. And from this and past instances...well...I'll never give them a dime.

Hopefully everything ends up working out, and maybe Jason really didn't know what was going on, but for now... :pop:

Last edited:

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
It really sucks, but it's reality. Some vets give the rest of us military guys a bad rep when we get out. I absolutely hate it when people try to use it as a trump card. Let your actions speak for you. And from this and past instances...well...I'll never give them a dime.

Hopefully everything ends up working out, and maybe Jason really didn't know what was going on, but for now... :pop:

Agree..

what a pos. I'm glad I never purchased anything from those scumbags. Hopefully their business goes under as a result of this insanity.

CPRsm

i don't even have a tune yet.....but now im interested in a AED tune........ for 99 bucks. I absolutely hate the whole " you got to charge 250 to not undercut my racket bro!" I have seen this In my own personal business. sometimes you can get top dollar for a long time but once people catch up YOU need to undercut them back.
And this mentality is what is wrong with the industry. You don't care about the tune, you'll run it even if you know it's stolen, and that's garbage. Maybe you didn't listen to the recording. He only cared that he was being undercut by his OWN WORK. And only because as you stated,...people would want an AED tune for 99 bucks.

SCalla1384

Established Member
And this mentality is what is wrong with the industry. You don't care about the tune, you'll run it even if you know it's stolen, and that's garbage. Maybe you didn't listen to the recording. He only cared that he was being undercut by his OWN WORK. And only because as you stated,...people would want an AED tune for 99 bucks.

Exactly!! How people can be totally fine with a stolen tune is beyond me.

Tuffnuts23

Established Member
And for those that listen to the call and think "they hashed it out", it's clear Shaun was baiting him to get him to spill the beans. I would think that's obvious to anyone.

I don't agree with that. I listened to the audio files and Shaun had everything he needed in the first few seconds. In the second call it was obvious to me that they worked out a solution and the fact that Shaun was still willing to help this guy out is amazing and he just didn't want to see this dude suffer. But, I don't have a dog in this fight, nor do I know either party personally...that's what was obvious to me.

Nuar

Established Member
I don't understand why everyone is trying to condemn the entire shop for something one tuner there did... I might be missing a part of the story. Don't know.

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
There is no "shop", they are an internet based company.

Says a lot about the integrity/honesty of a business when they allow actions like this...it is your money and your choice where to spend it but if you want to be known as someone who supports thieves...well...your choice.

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
Sums it up!

Integrity? Is their stellar integrity the reason why we've caught them on multiple occasions usurping SVTP's rules by soliciting business through the PM system? That's tantamount to theft from the vendors on the site. Seems like distinct and deep rooted lack of integrity to me.

gregs 03 cobra

Established Member
As others have said just because one is active duty/a veteran does not mean that said person has integrity as demonstrated by the owner of Hypermotive; Hypermotive has said on another forum that he still supports Mike Wilson which means Hypermotive supports someone who admitted stealing tunes; where is the integrity?

I am not currently tuned by Hypemotive, but I have done a TON of business with them!
Jason and Dan are personal friends of mine that I knew years before the business got started and have always been standup guys. Jason will go out of his way to help someone even knowing he may lose their business by not recommending a part for their car.
Hypermotive is a US Veteran ran company and they all have integrity.

That being said, I am surprised Jason even knew Mike was stealing the tune files.
Im sure he was under the impression that ike was doing the files himself.....then finding out the info he is trying to protect himself and the company now.
He is overseas in Germany right now but I will talk to him and find out his side of the story!
Do NOT let this sway you away from Hypermotive Performance guys! Seriously, they are a great group of guys!

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
I don't understand why everyone is trying to condemn the entire shop for something one tuner there did... I might be missing a part of the story. Don't know.

Jason has said he will stand behind Mike regardless of what happens. Least that is how it has read. And he was asked to clarify if that is what he meant and he wouldn't respond.

REDS197

Established Member
Every time I log in some more Shaun DRAMA!!

I bet most tuners have a file from another shop. :whine:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Jason has said he will stand behind Mike regardless of what happens. Least that is how it has read. And he was asked to clarify if that is what he meant and he wouldn't respond.

that right there was the icing on the cake. When he said "whether it's stolen or not, I have a problem kicking him to the curb".

Now, for those intelligent enough to really read stuff. Here you go.

So much double talk. They lied and said they didn't know about it, and that it had nothing to do with the change of the price of the tune. The calls clearly show, (as shaun baited him to get the tune price up as more proof), that the price changed right after that. It was obvious that shaun had them change the price of the tune to have more ammo.

Now the other double talk. They lied and said the price of the tune changed because "they now have a quality product, and now that people are buying , it's time to raise the price and make more money. But, then in the same thread, they say the business isn't about "money" it's about taking care of people. So, the highest margin product, your tune, goes up by 50% and your trying to "take care" of people.

Maybe I give people more credit than they deserve. Maybe I watch too much law & order, I don't know. But I see through it all.

ford20

Established Member
Where has it been said that Jason knew about this from the beginning? Before I jump on the kill bandwagon I like to know this bit of information. Through all of the PM's, the audio, the posting of emails I have yet to see where Jason knew from the get go that Mike was taking Shaun's tunes and using them. To me it seems that Jason found out after Shaun told Mike to change the price of the tunes so that Mike can continue stealing or at this point copying his tunes.

The thing that irks me about this whole scenario is that Mike is still with Hypermotive yet Greg was fired from what I can tell because he yelled at someone who called his old coworkers liars and thieves. I mean listening to the conversations I guess I can see Jason's position in keeping him due to Mike's home situation which we all now know about thanks to Shaun recording the conversation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread