the truth about your hypermotive tunes...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nosscort

Established Member
What's also scary is mike Wilson didn't know how to male the proper changes for headers and manifolds but was sending tunes out when working for AM? No wonder why their tunes sucked balls lol... and now am has the owner of torq as their tuner....

Justin81

Established Member
So, let me get this straight. A guy from Bama didn't know how to tune? I don't believe it!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
I am not currently tuned by Hypemotive, but I have done a TON of business with them!
Jason and Dan are personal friends of mine that I knew years before the business got started and have always been standup guys. Jason will go out of his way to help someone even knowing he may lose their business by not recommending a part for their car.
Hypermotive is a US Veteran ran company and they all have integrity.

That being said, I am surprised Jason even knew Mike was stealing the tune files.
Im sure he was under the impression that ike was doing the files himself.....then finding out the info he is trying to protect himself and the company now.
He is overseas in Germany right now but I will talk to him and find out his side of the story!
Do NOT let this sway you away from Hypermotive Performance guys! Seriously, they are a great group of guys!

q6543

Established Member
i don't even have a tune yet.....but now im interested in a AED tune........ for 99 bucks. I absolutely hate the whole " you got to charge 250 to not undercut my racket bro!" I have seen this In my own personal business. sometimes you can get top dollar for a long time but once people catch up YOU need to undercut them back.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I am not currently tuned by Hypemotive, but I have done a TON of business with them!
Jason and Dan are personal friends of mine that I knew years before the business got started and have always been standup guys. Jason will go out of his way to help someone even knowing he may lose their business by not recommending a part for their car.
Hypermotive is a US Veteran ran company and they all have integrity.

That being said, I am surprised Jason even knew Mike was stealing the tune files.
Im sure he was under the impression that ike was doing the files himself.....then finding out the info he is trying to protect himself and the company now.
He is overseas in Germany right now but I will talk to him and find out his side of the story!
Do NOT let this sway you away from Hypermotive Performance guys! Seriously, they are a great group of guys!

Integrity? Is their stellar integrity the reason why we've caught them on multiple occasions usurping SVTP's rules by soliciting business through the PM system? That's tantamount to theft from the vendors on the site. Seems like distinct and deep rooted lack of integrity to me.

steeltoe

Established Member
i don't even have a tune yet.....but now im interested in a AED tune........ for 99 bucks. I absolutely hate the whole " you got to charge 250 to not undercut my racket bro!" I have seen this In my own personal business. sometimes you can get top dollar for a long time but once people catch up YOU need to undercut them back.

They are undercutting Shawn with his own tunes.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
My personal stance here. I was a big supporter of Jason. I also have had previous dealings with Shaun that have been excellent. I am completely blown away at this. Specially the downright protection he seems to have. I have chosen to stay to Shaun's side. The only thing that could have changed my mind about Jason was to see him cut ties with mike.

There is another forum compiling dataloggs. So far none of them look good. None have been very safe. Mine is off the car and has been since I talked to Shaun back 7 days ago.

I will be letting Shaun tune the car correctly now. As I should have done in the first place.

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
Thats crazy that all this went down. I know one of hypermotive sales reps and he came by the house one day and was talking about how much he loved his Hyper tune and how it made the exhuast burble and how great it felt and how awesome the throttle response was. I asked him who was doing the tuning and he said only jason new. I said it sounded like an AED tune and he told me it wasnt. funny now that all of this come to light...

04SNK390HP

I hate SHEEPLE
Established Member
Blows my mind that people will actually buy a tune from a business without even knowing who is tuning their car. I personally won't even consider getting a tune from a tuner unless I can speak to them over the phone. If I don't get a warm and fuzzy from talking to them, I move on to the next.

nowwhat

Established Member
Blows my mind that people will actually buy a tune from a business without even knowing who is tuning their car. I personally won't even consider getting a tune from a tuner unless I can speak to them over the phone. If I don't get a warm and fuzzy from talking to them, I move on to the next.
+1

Boss949

Established Member

+2

steeltoe

Established Member
I've posted this a few times but I'll say it again if I didn't live so close to Rev Auto and had a 5.0. I would get an AED tune.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
When they started tuning cars, and the tuner was "top secret". Everyone in the business knew something shady was going on from the getgo. It was just a matter of time. Jason also took my Paxton package and copied it practically word for word on the site, and even called it the "Hypermotive Special" after my "beefcake special", admitted it in a pm, and even said what a great idea it was. I still have it.

On the other site he posted about how "it's not about money" it's about "helping everyone".

He told me in a pm how much money he was making off tuning and how he already paid for the software many times over. I have that one too.

I love helping everyone out with great deals. But, I am in business to make profit. No one starts a business because they want to spend countless hours working for nothing.

Everyone knows me and Shaun have had our battles. We are both competitive and I support Lund 100% and he of course supports himself 100%. When all this started though, I let Shaun know I supported him 100% on this. It was a mistake on his end to give out the files. You live and learn on that. He said something on the phone about Mike being his friend. I told him, make no mistake, someone that does that to you is not your friend.

And for those that listen to the call and think "they hashed it out", it's clear Shaun was baiting him to get him to spill the beans. I would think that's obvious to anyone.

I am just amazed at the Sheeple that would let someone tune their car without having a clue who was doing the tuning. There are so many good tuners, Lund, AED, Kevin Mac, Eric Brooks, Mike Rousch, Adam Brown, Brent Hughes, the list goes on.

If you go read the thread on MM too, it's amazing how he plays the victim too.

Like I said their, we live in this society, where everyone wants something for nothing, and are never to blame. That's why my favorite person on TV is Judge Judy, lol. You do it, your paying for it and no one else.

judge-judy-zip-it.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread