The state of music is pathetic...

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Face it were all getting old. We feel the same way now as our parents did when we were growing up.
Oh no you didn't just go there, lol.
I don't listen to ANY new music. For the most part, it's all garbage. I used to listen to a lot of 90s alternative, but that got pretty old and repetitive. Now i'm into a lot of old 80s songs that a local station plays, from artists like REO speedwagon, Doobie Brothers, Billy Squire, Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, etc...

One of the best concerts I attended was Reo, Night Ranger and Styx. Once that Sister Christian song started, holy crap the crowd went wild. Good times

Jroc

Established Member
I just remember back when Rap was the shit. This new Rap sucks ass.

hb712

Established Member
This is all I could think of when I saw this thread:

south-park-1507-2-281x211.jpg

There's some good stuff out there, but the amount of crap is incredible. For reference, just check out Rihanna's song, We Found Love. :nonono:

ReefBlueCoupe

Established Member
Most of my music is 5-10 years old and older. It's hard to get into new music. Something has to really stand out for me to like it.

I'm a fan of:
-311 <3
-Incubus
-Tool
-RATM
-Jane's Addiction
-Foo Fighters
-Primus

nocobrafornow

Established Member
**** Justin Beaver. Stupid lesbian.

that seriously made me laugh. god thats good stuff.
what makes me cringe when thinking about todays music "standards" that seem to be set by the like of American idol, America's got talet or what evernew music show there is, is i don't think people like Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, even greats like AC/DC Zepplin, these guys probably would even get a second listen, but we have to hear crap from Gaga, Katy perry and the rest. it doesn't seem like musicians have to pay their dues anymore or so called musicians.

fangstang

Established Member
I just remember back when Rap was the shit. This new Rap sucks ass.

agree. To me, rap died March 9, 1997. I still only listen to 80's and early-mid 90's rap. Today's rap is disgusting. The worst shit I have ever heard. its a joke.

VNOMIS

Yeah, I said it
Established Member
I like some of todays rap but this shit with soulja boy and waka flocka flame is ridiculous. Waka flocka flame's lyrics go "Pow pow pow pow pow pow pow". It's literally in every song.

dooberGN

Established Member
Seen Slash & Miles Kennedy in Halifax last week. What an amazing show! Gotta support the acts you like if you want those genres to grow...

Gonna see them September 19th in Cleveland. What songs did they play? Hopefully a good mix of his first and second album with some GnR mixed in.

WOT 88

Established Member
I agree, most new stuff is sewage. I don't even listen to fm radio, just my iPod and pandora. I gave up watching MTV years ago, I don't even watch the music awards anymore. I can remember watching MTV with my dad on Saturdays as little kid, hell Dire Straits was still hot then.

I know that every generation generally dislikes the emerging gens tastes. But I have to say, the garbage today is completely void of any talent, for the most part. I listen to music from numerous time periods and multiple generations. My stuff ranges from 50's era, but abruptly stops in about 05.

Some jackbag tried to get me to listen to this "awesome" new album he bought. Couldn't tell you what it was called, but it a was a cross between country and rap, I almost threw up.....:bored:

97cobra1

Established Member
All i listen to is Pandora unless service coverage doesn't allow it.

Mostly The Dirty Heads Radio. Good reggae station plays everything from sublime to 311 mixing in some citizens cope, matisyahu, and even tom petty sometimes.

That or Tech N9ne Radio, as i'm a huge Tech fan.

i dont eve have any radio stations set on my car tuner. our stations suck pretty hard around here.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
To me you got to listen to what is considered Indie music now. The term brings about emo/hipster images but what is considered Indie now days is such a broad genre. I listen to all sorts of music and 99% of what's on the radio I absolutely hate!

There's a lot of bands that are actually huge but aren't commonly known because they don't sign to labels that get their music played regularly on the radio. Minus the Bear is a prime example. Huge following and usually when I'm listening to them some random person asks me if I'm listening to Minus the Bear and comments on how good they are. Then you got bands like Circa Survive who have had a little radio play but have since faded a little because they aren't the hipster crap the radio is pushing these days. And then if you want rock the list is just endless with hardcore and metal leading the way in actual musical talent imo; meaning they can actually play their instruments.

You just have search and honestly it's the searching that makes it fun rather than having it shoved in your face.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Just re-listened to Barbra's rendition of Memory from Cats, in honor of this thread. Make fun of her all you want, the woman has an epic voice, no autotune required!

canibus

Established Member
Music is so bad, that I'm listening to stuff that's in other languages. I have the Spanish advantage but even they're lowering their quality.

Planter

Banned
Just re-listened to Barbra's rendition of Memory from Cats, in honor of this thread. Make fun of her all you want, the woman has an epic voice, no autotune required!

good voice, but I prefer Carly Simon to Barbara Streisand. Captain and Tenille were pretty good as well.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
There is so much music out there that I find it hard to believe that you won't find something you like. There was a study done actually that showed music has become simpler.

I'll stick to my wub wub.

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I listen to this a LOT at home.... http://www.rock101klol.com/

Whenever I drive my wife's car, I'll usually only listen to iHeartradio, or my plug in memory stick. At work, we have a Navigator (we have 6, only the newest one has HD radio) that has HD radio, so I'll try to get that as often as I can...

firebird1999us

Established Member
Seen Slash & Miles Kennedy in Halifax last week. What an amazing show! Gotta support the acts you like if you want those genres to grow...

Slash is meh... but Miles Kennedy is a great modern vocalist!:banana:

And I agree with earlier statements. If you can't find good music you're not looking very hard:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread