The state of music is pathetic...

NO-BlkLightning2K

Putin 2016. Yup.
Established Member
Just look at this bullshit:

12 Extremely Disappointing Facts About Popular Music

What a ****ing joke. The biggest one that got me was the Tik Tok song. I had to look it up on YouTube to even know what it was. But it's amazing that that's the kind of garbage that passes for good music these days. Sucks for people like me because it'd be nice not to have to listen to the same classics over and over and over and over and over.............

frank5o

Bleed Ford Blue
Established Member
There is plenty of good new stuff out there. You just got search for it. To me pop music has always been made up of mostly garbage.

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
its not the music's fault its the fact that people are stupid as shit and listen to crap because their idiot friends listen to the same crap and they want to be trendy like their friends. and you go out to bar or club and see attractive people dancing to said crap and that further burns it into peoples brains that they must also listen to said crap. this pisses me off so bad lol

theres nothing wrong with these so called "musicians" making all this new music, to say they cant make that type is music is just retarded. The real issue is the fact americans (and probably people across the globe) are so goddam brain dead and unoriginal that they just listen to whatever the new hit song is, no matter how much of a piece of crap it is.

heres some good music to put a temporary band aid on the situation

[youtube_browser]c1ebCHFNeMo[/youtube_browser]

Last edited:

Planter

Banned
no disagreement here. seems like a lot of people like to hear the same lines repeated over and over for 3 minutes and then call it music.

the good old days of Led Zepplin, the Eagles, the Rolling Stones....are missed. I just listen to my ipod in the car, radio stations have too many commercials and too many radio jocks that want to talk for 20-40 minutes and then play 3 or 4 songs and talk some more.

ViciousJay

Established Member
the one thing that they didnt take into a ccount is the population is like 10x bigger then when all the other bands were around

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member
Eh...some good points there, but whether you like their music or not Celine and Barbra have legitimately great voices.

mysicman

Resident Pill Pusher
Established Member
Seen Slash & Miles Kennedy in Halifax last week. What an amazing show! Gotta support the acts you like if you want those genres to grow...

MrMustangman69

Established Member
Music these days is also easier to access because of itunes and whatnot. This pared with the added population its no wonder the difference in sales.

Slightly Motivated

Stormtrooper
Established Member
I think these facts rest heavily on the advancement in technology, specifically communication and the internet. More people have the means to listen and buy music than they ever did when Zepplin was at their peak. How many people had tape/a-track players back in the 70s to listen to Hendrix vs every 6+ year old with an Ipod these days. Also i feel like kids and preteens buy and listen to music more often than adults do. Adults are also seemingly picky on their music, while kids these days are more tolerant to what 'good' music even is. Finally, i dont think music sales or number 1 hits are accurate. The number one hits are based on Radio plays (up to the radios discretion) and sales. How many of you actually still listen to the radio for your favorite music, and how many people actually pay for music anymore?

Just my 2 cents.

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
I don't listen to ANY new music. For the most part, it's all garbage. I used to listen to a lot of 90s alternative, but that got pretty old and repetitive. Now i'm into a lot of old 80s songs that a local station plays, from artists like REO speedwagon, Doobie Brothers, Billy Squire, Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, etc...

Terrminatted

Turtle Man
Established Member
All depends on the type of music you like. There are some who don't listen to any of these artist and prefer strictly "dubstep" while others love the old Rock N' Roll. Personally I enjoy all types of music. I agree with Hybred that you can't knock either of those ladies voices. Although, I could live with the Black Eyed Peas being taken hostage and their voice boxes removed. Yea, that would be okay.

fangstang

Established Member
I don't listen to ANY new music. For the most part, it's all garbage. I used to listen to a lot of 90s alternative, but that got pretty old and repetitive. Now i'm into a lot of old 80s songs that a local station plays, from artists like REO speedwagon, Doobie Brothers, Billy Squire, Fleetwood Mac, Chicago, etc...

+1

I never listen to the regular radio anymore. I'm always listening to sat.radio or CDs and its of anywhere from the 50's-90's VERY few tracks from the last 10yrs or so.

Planter

Banned
Face it were all getting old. We feel the same way now as our parents did when we were growing up.

so true. gotta remember their old school lines too. "you won't know what it's like until you're in our shoes". haha. and we'd swear that we'd never be like our parents and we'd still be driving fast sports cars and listening to head banger music on full blast. :D

how wrong I was, cause now I find a good mix of Tracy Chapman, Billy Ocean, Bruce Springsteen and the Cars to be more enjoyable than the new stuff coming out.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Sounds like the article was written by an older person. I mean, I understand the clear difference between good music and trash which this article kinda stresses but it just seems mostly like an age thing. Which is something that been going on for a long time to my understanding. Back when teens were listening to Elvis their parents weren't too impressed with him either

nicktoney

weeee
Established Member
Now a days, you either have "Youre a stupid hoe, youre a stupid hoe, youre a stupid hoe" oooooorrrrrrr you have pitbull counting in spanish. makes talk radio sound VERY appealing.

corey d

STOLE IT
Established Member
Im not a pop music lover, but i didnt see anything really disappointing until Celine Dion.

There is some good music out there, but also some real garbage. Some songs make me wonder how these groups got record deals. Having said that, Chevelle is one of my favorite bands right now. They are incredible live...

Edit: What about the fact that Pearl Jam's "Ten" album was freeking awesome and they put out nothing but garbage after that? Stone Temple Pilots' albums got worse and worse too,after "Core."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread