The Restoration of a 1995 GT

mysteed

Established Member
Eh, I barely touch the thing. :lol1: Its just been one disaster after another, leaving me discouraged each time.
I know how you feel man, I felt that way a lot when rebuilding the BAB.

Any reference you can give to redoing the brakes with cobra parts? My GT will need brakes before long and I would rather upgrade rather than rebuild.
You need to replace the calipers (with brackets), rotors, and pads with 03/04 Cobra parts.

Most of it is surface rust but...yeah.:poke:

BladeX10

Established Member
Took care of a few maintenance items last night and this afternoon. Took the rear diff out and put fresh diff oil & trac-loc fluid in, serviced the transmission filter and did a flush of the trans fluid, & replaced both radiator hoses & flushed the cooling system.

Here are some pics of the underside of the car:
20130815_153120_zps6d608d15.jpg

20130815_153140_zps0e6fc541.jpg

20130815_153104_zpse246b34a.jpg

20130815_153048_zps267e0974.jpg

20130815_153054_zps5cfb0c3d.jpg

Geez.. Ive never seen an undercarriage look that rusty before, but then again, i live in CA, Hardly a such thing as rust.

LilRoush

M112'd Roush x2
Established Member
Not bad, Nate. Looks like a good little project. Hope this one doesn't have as many things to discover as the last one!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You got a good deal on it. Your wife should love it once you're finished with the TLC. Keep up the good work.

03DSGGT

Established Member
Looks like a fun project. It looks like you rescued that thing just in time. Probably another winter of sitting and the underneath would have been much worse...

95PGTTech

Established Member
Flood car? That doesn't look like the underneath of a southern car.

Every Mustang up in the NE that isn't a garage queen looks like that after 10+ years of being outside. Luckily these cars are pretty stout in the metalwork compared to older Mustangs and it almost always cleans up with a good grinder with a flap disk or stiff wire wheel and new seam sealer and paint

mysteed

Established Member
Geez.. Ive never seen an undercarriage look that rusty before, but then again, i live in CA, Hardly a such thing as rust.
It spent some time up north unfortunately...

Not bad, Nate. Looks like a good little project. Hope this one doesn't have as many things to discover as the last one!
I don't think may cars will have the smae ammount of issues as the BAB. :bash:

You got a good deal on it. Your wife should love it once you're finished with the TLC. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, she'll be very very happy when I give it to her.

Looks like a fun project. It looks like you rescued that thing just in time. Probably another winter of sitting and the underneath would have been much worse...
Agreed. Personally I think all Mustangs can be saved, it's just a matter of how much $$ it'll take.

Flood car? That doesn't look like the underneath of a southern car.
It spent a number of years up north.

mysteed

Established Member
Michigan plates.

Sweet find man, keep up the good work!
Thanks man!

Every Mustang up in the NE that isn't a garage queen looks like that after 10+ years of being outside. Luckily these cars are pretty stout in the metalwork compared to older Mustangs and it almost always cleans up with a good grinder with a flap disk or stiff wire wheel and new seam sealer and paint
Yup yup!

Quoted just cuz I can. :banana:

:lol:
Well it IS my birthday on Saturday...:dancenana:

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
so whats the plan for it? using any parts from the 97?

Also, not to self: call nathan and chrissy every 10min from 7pm on.

quad

Established Member
Subscribing. This looks like a good deal and I am looking forward to seeing the work you put into it!

70Maverick

Established Member
Sweet! Welcome to the club. These are truly the "Bastard" of all Mustangs. I love mine. It has 172K on it and still runs and looks great. Let me know if I can help any. She will want a 1998 console like I installed. Nice cupholders that way.

Also did front and rear Cobra brakes myself along with springs and 5-way Illuminas. Very easy job. Most people skimp out on the rears.
Side picture is before Cobra rears obviously. They fill the wheels much better.
Congrats! I'm stoked to see it finished. :pepper:

IMG_0079.jpg

11.jpg

14.jpg

IMG_00202.jpg

IMG_2552.jpg

IMG_2549.jpg

IMG_2619.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread