The Restoration of a 1995 GT

mysteed

Established Member
They weren't too terrible as I remember with the stock k-member. One side will go in pretty painlessly, the other I found I had to unbolt the motor mount nut and jack the motor to the side about 2-3" to wiggle it in place(I think past the starter, its been awhile..). Like I said, not a terrible job, but definitely not shorties lol. Was trying to get $250 for em, also have a 3" prochamber for them as well.
Sweet. I'll check with the wife & see what she says & get back to you.

Unbolt motor mounts and raise engine
Driver side: drop the steering shaft, install from the bottom
Passenger: drop in from the top. Cuss a bit and enjoy.
Awesome. Thanks. :beer:

RustyRodder

Fauxbra powered
Established Member
Nate, if you do get them I can always pick them up when i come down in May...

Also do gears. I barely got this car to spin the tires! ;)

mysteed

Established Member
A few weekends ago I tackled the exhaust system on the GT. I knew it was going to be a chore removing something that had been there since 1995 so I set aside the whole weekend to deal with the new exhaust. My primary reasons for replacing it was that the rust had eaten a hole through the drivers side muffler that was big enough to put your fist through, and that the bolts securing the midpipe to the headers were just about rusted all the way through. With that in mind I ended up sourcing a set of used 95 headers ($65), a O/R Prochamber midpipe (free!), and a Borla catback system ($275). Overall I am more than pleased with this exhaust system as it has ZERO drone at any RPM and it is fairly quiet at idle but LOUD under WOT. The wifey is extremely happy with the sound.

Pics! Yes, I know about the rust and am addressing it little by little.
20140308_095505_zpsvhlfw3xf.jpg

20140309_205020_zps15s9spzh.jpg

20140309_205034_zpsnrltis2q.jpg

Last night I installed a set of Redline Tuning hoodshocks on the car as well. I just have to take a second and thanks the folks at Redline, specifically Brian with Customer Support, for helping me as I found out after I went to do the install that the brackets that mount to the hood were actually made for a 99-04, not a 94-98. Anywho, Brian was able to ship me out a new set of upper brackets ASAP and they fit beautifully. Thanks again Brian!

Pics!
20140402_221858_zps9ntmeo2t.jpg

20140402_221928_zpsrzpdfnha.jpg

jared6180

Established Member
This is an amazing project you got going here. I used to get discouraged by my lack of progress and how little I could afford to do to my Mustang, but threads like this show that patience and persistence are what matter most. I am looking for a 94-95 GT to work on, and I hope I can find a deal like yours!

mysteed

Established Member
Nice job! Thanks for sharing!
Thanks!

Vid of the new exhaust setup?

Car looks great by the way, you've done a fantastic job.
I'll have to grab a quick vid sometime. She's been driving the wheels off of it since I put the exhaust on.

This is an amazing project you got going here. I used to get discouraged by my lack of progress and how little I could afford to do to my Mustang, but threads like this show that patience and persistence are what matter most. I am looking for a 94-95 GT to work on, and I hope I can find a deal like yours!
Thanks! Good luck with your search.

mysteed

Established Member
Not really, we've just been putting a lot of miles on it over the year thus far. No more problems really to deal with though we may change the exhaust again.

Users who are viewing this thread