The Random Weather Thread

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I'm alive, house is ok. Lost two big trees, one found a fence but both missed house.

Never lost power, but no cable internet

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."
Good to hear. Did yer anemometer survive?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

Saleen498

Established Member
Not bad out here, 89 with a constant breeze
20181009_145455.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G892A using the svtperformance.com mobile app

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Good to hear. Did yer anemometer survive?

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk
I'm not THAT big of a weather nerd

(Alright, honestly if I could afford it I might set up a weather station on my property; one day maybe)

Highest wind gust KTLH had was 71mph, so just under cat1. My uncle's house out in panama city beach survived as well and they caught it much worse than Tallahassee.

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

AUSTANG

Established Member
When WoW gets my home internet back up I have bunch of Hurricane Michael pics from Bay County. We made it out OK, but 4 miles east down the road it is like a war zone. Place we evacuated to in AL took more damage than at our house in PCB.

AUSTANG

Established Member
Bunch of pics I took during the storm and the aftermath. Pic locations are from Southeast AL where we rode out the storm and ended up with a direct hit from it. Both wife's 4Runner and our 2010 Shelby took a bit of damage, had the 66 fastback safe in a warehouse up in Dothan Al. Rest of the pics are from Panama City Beach, Panama City, Lynn Haven, Callaway and Parker FL. I will be going back to Lynn Haven this weekend to help a family friend. and wherever the Church we are volunteering at sends me if needed to deliver supplies, so will add more pictures as I get them.

We got lucky and only lost our fence and kids playhouse. Place we evacuated to took more damage than our house in PCB.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Tornado warnings across Alabama this morning
Screenshot_20181101-081420_RadarScope.jpeg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I hated nighttime severe weather outbreaks, I was always on severe weather action team getting called in at 2am by the duty forecaster.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Meteorologists have a different definition of ugly when it comes to weather ;D

Agreed. If I were in that field storms would be fascinating. However, my reality in severe storms comes via clean up. The storm formation and life cycle are just a precursor.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I'm not THAT big of a weather nerd

(Alright, honestly if I could afford it I might set up a weather station on my property; one day maybe)

Highest wind gust KTLH had was 71mph, so just under cat1. My uncle's house out in panama city beach survived as well and they caught it much worse than Tallahassee.

:cool:

20181211_115519_resized.jpg
20181211_115840_resized.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Florida having a day

The third pic looks like fun in about an hour
Screenshot_20181220-092427_RadarScope.jpeg
Screenshot_20181220-092504_RadarScope.jpeg
20181220_092058.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread