The Random Weather Thread

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
How's this for "random" weather? lol
So last night we had about 2 inches of snow fall, then sleet and that all froze this morning. The day goes on and about 10am or so, the sun is out. Temps reach 50 degrees and sunny. Crazy, crazy weather pattern for sure.

DSGCOBRA24

Established Member
Some snow last night and this morning.

51CD0C58-647C-4E7A-9E1C-5E37DF2E2397.jpeg

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Good winter storms keep coming later and later here. Months with the most snowfall last year were March and April.

olympic

Established Member
Some pretty amazing light pillar effect from ice crystals in the air a couple nights ago! This is not a camera effect, it was all clearly visible to the naked eye.

20190219_042450.jpg
20190219_041358.jpg
20190219_041407.jpg
20190219_041451.jpg
20190219_041616.jpg
20190219_041654.jpg
20190219_041701.jpg
20190219_042425.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Daughter and hubby bought first house out in the country this Fall. I gave them the Dad's good deal on my 2000 Sportsman 400 with snow plow. Snow is piling up with our record snowfall, ATV can only move piles so far.

My in-laws have also become so frail that snow removal has fallen onto me, I have been hand shoveling their 30x120 driveway. This last 8 inch snowfall sucked donkey balls. Their equipment is 40 years old and basically I could shovel the drive off before I could get it to work.

Anyway, decided I would look for a new snowblower I could load up and drive to my in-laws and be confident it would work when I got there. I would then give my 28 year old blower I keep stored with no gas as an emergency backup to my daughter ( I have a Ranger with a plow and a Kubota with a blower for my driveway).

Lets just say I was behind the power curve on this one, LOL. Every shop is an echoing cavern of "SOLD OUT" My last ditch stop was also empty, but he was a TORO dealer and had a shipment coming in of 8 units and he had one left that wasn't sold. He said the pipeline was bare after that as all Northern tier states had big snow and everyone was clamoring for inventory.

I had really wanted a fuel injected Ariens and the sales guy laughed when I mentioned that. He said the shop had wondered what they were going to have to do to give their Ariens away, not cheap!, when the snow hit and the cheaper models sold out, BAM!, out the door they went!

So, my new TORO Power Max HD 928 OAE should get picked up by me today. The shop owner sold it fairly at MSRP, some shops have been playing the mark up game. Heard some IA shops shipped inventory North and really regretted it, LOL.

I can confidently predict that any company who makes snowblowers will see good ordering this spring for stores restocking bare showroom floors.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Daughter and hubby bought first house out in the country this Fall. I gave them the Dad's good deal on my 2000 Sportsman 400 with snow plow. Snow is piling up with our record snowfall, ATV can only move piles so far.

My in-laws have also become so frail that snow removal has fallen onto me, I have been hand shoveling their 30x120 driveway. This last 8 inch snowfall sucked donkey balls. Their equipment is 40 years old and basically I could shovel the drive off before I could get it to work.

Anyway, decided I would look for a new snowblower I could load up and drive to my in-laws and be confident it would work when I got there. I would then give my 28 year old blower I keep stored with no gas as an emergency backup to my daughter ( I have a Ranger with a plow and a Kubota with a blower for my driveway).

Lets just say I was behind the power curve on this one, LOL. Every shop is an echoing cavern of "SOLD OUT" My last ditch stop was also empty, but he was a TORO dealer and had a shipment coming in of 8 units and he had one left that wasn't sold. He said the pipeline was bare after that as all Northern tier states had big snow and everyone was clamoring for inventory.

I had really wanted a fuel injected Ariens and the sales guy laughed when I mentioned that. He said the shop had wondered what they were going to have to do to give their Ariens away, not cheap!, when the snow hit and the cheaper models sold out, BAM!, out the door they went!

So, my new TORO Power Max HD 928 OAE should get picked up by me today. The shop owner sold it fairly at MSRP, some shops have been playing the mark up game. Heard some IA shops shipped inventory North and really regretted it, LOL.

I can confidently predict that any company who makes snowblowers will see good ordering this spring for stores restocking bare showroom floors.
Do you get the twin cities TV channels? WCCO did a story yesterday about the power sports dealers selling out of snowmobiles too.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Do you get the twin cities TV channels? WCCO did a story yesterday about the power sports dealers selling out of snowmobiles too.

I stopped at the local Polaris dealer to pick up a set of ramps and you could see where they had pulled multiple sled out of the snow in front of store and sent down the road. Feast or famine when I sold sleds, they are making hay this year.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
My TORO Power Max HD 928 OAE is a beast, blew out some trails with 2 feet of settled snow for my inlaw's and holy cow does that thing throw the snow waaay out there. Great blower.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Post office delivering for Amazon tried to make it up my driveway in one of their little mail trucks. Had to back down with my pickup and give him a pull up and then blew it out quick so he could make it out. Wind has everything drifted shut.

3rd time today he got stuck, he was so thankful he didn't have to wait for a tow truck again.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Near Emmetsburg, IA

Hit it, back up, hit it, repeat as necessary.

The pic was taken from the snow he was wacking, that shit is deep!

FB_IMG_1551063230279.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
You know the shit is for real when state and county snow plows put the V plows on.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I got my Excursion stuck today trying to break through the drift at the end of my driveway. I put the plow about 6 inches off the ground and rammed the drift but only made it through about half way before I was stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread