The Random Weather Thread

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I got my Excursion stuck today trying to break through the drift at the end of my driveway. I put the plow about 6 inches off the ground and rammed the drift but only made it through about half way before I was stuck.

Wife And I went to church and driveway didn't look bad, halfway out I was like "oh crap". Seeing snow coming up on the driver window is bad. Popped the traction control off and kept my foot in it. The wind really packed the snow tight. AWD Acadia for the win!

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
The winds here in Ohio have been brutal today. Sustained 35+ with gusts at 60+ rather often. Fun times driving and being able to switch lanes without turning the wheel.

Coiled03

Established Member
The winds here in Ohio have been brutal today. Sustained 35+ with gusts at 60+ rather often. Fun times driving and being able to switch lanes without turning the wheel.

Yep, I was driving home from Chicago in that crap yesterday afternoon. 2.5 hours of 50mph crosswinds all the way home. Occasionally when I was turned into it more head on, it would blow strong enough to make the truck downshift from 10 to 8. That was NOT a fun drive.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Parts of I-35 in S MN still closed, amazing it has been down for so long. I wonder if abandoned cars that have to be towed is what is slowing things down so much.

JimCSHO

Established Member
My wife drove up to Michigan yesterday from North Carolina (after getting there she said "I don't know what possessed me to do this in the winter"). In Ohio she called and was telling me how bad the wind was on the turnpike - and then one of the road signs fell on the road. She was too close when it came down to switch lanes and drove right over it

olympic

Established Member
Some photos from the winter of 1947 in Saskatchewan. The old-timers around here still talk about this one!

15.jpg

15 (1).jpg

5c55b9cd064b855a1764e355ea1ea21e.jpg

Untitled.jpg

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Getting the rails open for them was damn serious.

Is nice to have the sky start to light up when I remove snow so the wife can get out the driveway.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
I thought you had a lot of snow?

Notice it is all on the right (South) side of the driveway? Learned my lesson on that the first year I we were there.

Gonna have to blow the plow pile back again soon.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
Notice it is all on the right (South) side of the driveway? Learned my lesson on that the first year I we were there.

Gonna have to blow the plow pile back again soon.
Yessir, I push every ting to the South side too...as much as possible.

Users who are viewing this thread