20190301_155339.jpg

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
The isolated cells ahead of the line will be the ones to watch for serious/violent tornadic potential and the biggest hail. Especially the one cell that gets in front of the others and gets as much moisture and energy from the south as it pleases.
The isolated cells are free to spin up as a mesocyclone whereas the line of storms it tends to inhibit the storms ability to rotate and turns to more of a strait line wind event.

Sent from my Note9

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
The isolated cells ahead of the line will be the ones to watch for serious/violent tornadic potential and the biggest hail. Especially the one cell that gets in front of the others and gets as much moisture and energy from the south as it pleases.
The isolated cells are free to spin up as a mesocyclone whereas the line of storms it tends to inhibit the storms ability to rotate and turns to more of a strait line wind event.

Sent from my Note9
Another meteo or just a weather fan?

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm just a lifelong Kansan, so severe weather is part of life and it became a hobby. The fear you get from childhood storms and the unknown becomes fascination when you get older.

Sent from my Note9

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Rotation

Fatalities confirmed in Alabama
Screenshot_20190303-184000_RadarScope.jpeg

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
My wife has a cousin in Eufaula, AL. He is an EMT. We checked on him and only heard that everything is a mess. The fire department has been destroyed, but the firefighters made it through.

Sent from my [trashcan S5] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

L8APEX

*Turbo Not to Scale
Established Member
Premium Member
I'm reading 10+ dead in Lee county, AL... several children...

If it is an EF4 that'd be the first violent tornado since 2017.

I'm curious to see the buildings that were hit, how sturdy they were before as the very few damage pictures I've seen are more akin to a strong EF3.
Wish Pyk3l still worked... thankfully it looks like the storms are lining out and the warnings are reflecting rotation on the leading edge which typically is only weaker tornados.

Sent from my Note9

Last edited:

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Hail possible with the stronger cells
Screenshot_20190303-194145_RadarScope.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread