The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

UncleAnt

Established Member
hell ive had a few buddies use mp turbos and they beat the living hell out of them.looks like ill be getting this kit then ditching the vortech setup.i figure ill get this setup and if it doesnt work i can always throw the vortech back on.looks like a nice kit from the pics but i would like to see a running car

*edit*
just watched the video and it seems pretty nice.

Last edited:

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
I am in Vancouver BC, picked my kit up at the border 5 working days from when I ordered it. Had a few fitment issues due to some of my aftermarket parts the kit wasn't built around (scattercan, tko600, ds loop) but kit went together without a ton of problems. I honestly expected more issues with the kit considering the price. The v-bands it comes with are questionable, but lube the threads and they work. My mods are stroker 4.6 in Teksid block, CNC ported 2v heads, 9.1:1 comp ratio, edlebrock vic jr. intake, accufab 75mm t-body and inlet, frpp 80# inj, cobra pumps, BAP, -8 fuel line to aeromotive rails, 05 slot style maff, Mafia, and abunch of other crap not really important. Installed it in a weekend and a couple of late nights after work. My MP T70 with .96 ar was on back order so I am still waiting for it, but put my turbonetics 62mm with .81 ar on it for mock up and to tune the 80# inj. Car made 497rwhp and just 518 or so ft/lbs at 8psi. I know I know, there is no way you can make those numbers with that boost and my dyno reads high, but... my car made 317rwhp @ 6500 rpm n/a and went 12.65 @ 107mph, and 450rwhp 510 ft/lbs on nitrous and went 11.20@122mph, so the numbers my dyno reads jive there. For the $1900 or so I paid, if it lasts me a year I will consider it a great deal, and if anything cracks I will just have that pipe remade in better steel and still be ahead. I ran into an oil leak due to the dipsh!t installer (me) so had to cut the dyno session short, but will hopefully turn it up to 11 or 12 psi this week. I will then drive it for awhile on the street to shake it down, then once my t70 gets here I will do a c16 tune for 18 - 20 psi ( or whatever the MP T70 .96 will handle Have fun.

Wayne :beer:

my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

hmm guess I should update my sig

Last edited:

TClark22

Established Member
how much hp can this kit produce with a turbonetics t70? or with the turbo it comes with?

i am definatly considering this kit...get rid of my procharger this summer and grap this up

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
That is more the turbo and what you have done for mods than what this kit will support. With the 62 @ 11psi last night my car made 527/537, but I have a leak I need to track down pre-turbo to help with spool time.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
1sick2valve I got some questions for you as it didn't came with instructions if your don't mind.

What vacuum line did you T to for wastegate and bov ?
Can you show me picture of where to hook as for oil feed ?
Can you show me picture of what you did with driver side valve cover breather ?
What kind of springs did you use on wastegate and bov ?

I am at 297rwhp so I have to run low boost. I am planing to stay under 430rwhp .

Thanks in adavance

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Everyone has to remember, I went into this knowing it may not last the life of the car, if it cracks I will replace the cracked pipe with a better quality piece, but bang for your buck I dont think you can beat it. It is a GREAT starting point to get a person into the turbo game for a reasonable dollar.

TClark22

Established Member
anyway to contact on3 performance to ask questions? i have looked on their site and i cannot find any contact information.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
1sick2valve I got some questions for you as it didn't came with instructions if your don't mind.

What vacuum line did you T to for wastegate and bov ?
Can you show me picture of where to hook as for oil feed ?
Can you show me picture of what you did with driver side valve cover breather ?
What kind of springs did you use on wastegate and bov ?

I am at 297rwhp so I have to run low boost. I am planing to stay under 430rwhp .

Thanks in adavance

i'll have to double check which line i tapped . I already had a line for the bov from my vortech setup. i'll see if I can get ya some pics today.

as far as the oil feed, i used the tapped hole from my vortech. chad says thats what he recomends.

and i just pluged the vent hole on my valve cover since my car has a drivers side oil fil, i just run a breather there

im using the blue spring on my wastegate, and I cut my bov spring and use a vacuum pump to see when it opens

i would use the yellow or red spring on the wastegate if you wanna stay under 440. I beleive the yellow is 3 psi red is 5.5psi and blue is 8

I'm also running a boost controller as well.

hope this helps

Bullitt357

Established Member
That wastegate and bypass packaging looks like the beer I used to drink in college, white can w/ black generic lettering. It did the job but god damn me if it didn't taste like a$$.
generic-beer.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread