The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
Edited by moderator,

Before making a post in this thread you need to either read the WHOLE thread or at least post #416

On 3 Performance is now offering a turbo kit for 96-04 GTs. Looks like a decent kit and price is under $1900....

eBay Motors: On 3 Performance Mustang GT 2v 96-04 Single Turbo Kit (item 130294301063 end time Mar-23-09 21:35:46 PDT)

DSC01570.jpg

DSC02155.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02165.jpg

DSC02174.jpg

Last edited:

dragtek1

Established Member
Check out the threads at Turbomustangs. On3performance posts a lot over there. I highly recommend looking through those threads before purchasing a kit from them.

BTW, B&G Turbo is coming out with a similar priced kit, possibly even cheaper. Personally, B&G Turbo has a great reputation, so I would be more apt to buying from them.

bullitt3350

Established Member
Ask king roush ( oh yeah he is banned lol). He bought that crap nugget Pony Downs kit and had to get all the pipes remade

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I don't understand why you would wait until 5 years after a car has stopped production to make a turbo kit for it. I'd stick with Hellion.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I personally own this kit. The piping is actually very nice 304SS. very well done kit.

TClark22

Established Member
i just dont see how they can price the kit that low...using crappy turbos? cutting corners?

i will probably be doing a turbo setup after i get my motor built and i got to tell ya...i am still going with HPP or hellion...

i believe in you get what you pay for.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
i agree i dont see where the big differance in price is....and we KNOW hellion is good stuff

1sick2valve post some pics and sheets

Bullitt357

Established Member
Check out the threads at Turbomustangs. On3performance posts a lot over there. I highly recommend looking through those threads before purchasing a kit from them.

BTW, B&G Turbo is coming out with a similar priced kit, possibly even cheaper. Personally, B&G Turbo has a great reputation, so I would be more apt to buying from them.

I've seen those threads you refer to. Both of those companies seem extremely unproffessional. Both throw obscenities each other's way. Legitimate companies don't do that.

Also, I'm assuming those kits are made in China or some other country that has displaced an American worker from his/her job.

And what exactly are On3Performance turbos? wastegates? and bypass valves? I'll tell you what they are.....$200 ebay turbos....$40 ebay wasteages.........$15 bypass valves. My old man taught me a couple of valuable lessons: 1) measure twice, cut once and 2) buy a quality product so you don't have to buy again. There really is some legitimacy to "you get what you pay for" ....

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
The BOV are a 50 mm knock off. the turbo is a MP or Precision. I'll get some pics here shortly.

TwinTurbo4vGT

Slowest GT alive :)
Established Member
I've seen those threads you refer to. Both of those companies seem extremely unproffessional. Both throw obscenities each other's way. Legitimate companies don't do that.

Also, I'm assuming those kits are made in China or some other country that has displaced an American worker from his/her job.

And what exactly are On3Performance turbos? wastegates? and bypass valves? I'll tell you what they are.....$200 ebay turbos....$40 ebay wasteages.........$15 bypass valves. My old man taught me a couple of valuable lessons: 1) measure twice, cut once and 2) buy a quality product so you don't have to buy again. There really is some legitimacy to "you get what you pay for" ....

if you did some research you would of saved yourself money, not only is the TiAL wastegates the same as the ones on ebay, they even have the same casting numbers, we proved this a little over 6 months ago on here :nono:

wcjr

Established Member
on thier site they offer upgrades that you can add when purchasing.

Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs

304SS piping-- I dont see anything wrong with the quality of pipe used. How do the welds look and how about fitment.

I would consider trying this on my mach 1 with an upgrade to a master power turbo depending on if they make a kit for the 4v, (see the cobra in the background).
http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj77/on3p/DSC02173.jpg

Last edited:

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Ive been talkin to chad, he said he just finished the mock up on the 4v kits. Aslo the welds look perfect. fitment wasnt a problem. went in as good as a turbo kit could. My only complaint its the V-bands arnt the best. I'd recomend getting some good ones. Other than that it looks awesome. Should be getting my new tune in the next 2 weeks. i'll post my numbers.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
i just dont see how they can price the kit that low...using crappy turbos? cutting corners?

Cause for one, they don't include the fuel system or suspension. and two, they don't have turbonetics turbos with this kit, but they have it as a $700 upgrade. So take all that into consideration, and it would be about the same or maybe a little cheaper than Hellions setup.

I'm very tempted to start listong all my nitrous stuff for sale. All i need is some new coilover springs(no #175 on a convertible) and injector/maf and this kit and i would be in business..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread