The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
none of the piping goes under the k. all the exhaust hangs at factory height. and the y pipe goes along the side of the trans. There is actually quite a bit of ground clearance. I'll try and get some more pics tomorrow of the car on the ground.

Bullitt357

Established Member
Does On3 have a website? I tried searching for one but didn't find anything. I'd be very leary of a company that only sells on Ebay.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
yeah, on3performance.com Chad is a pretty stand up guy. he's answered every ? i had and answered his phone everytime ive called.

wcjr

Established Member
Cause for one, they don't include the fuel system or suspension. and two, they don't have turbonetics turbos with this kit, but they have it as a $700 upgrade. So take all that into consideration, and it would be about the same or maybe a little cheaper than Hellions setup.

I would think that you could put this kit together with turbonetics upgrades on the turbo and tial upgrades on the BOV & wastegate which is additional $425.00 for alot cheaper than hellion

Base price: $1725.00
Turbonetics turbo upgrade: $700
Tail BOV and wastegate upgrade: $425.00

So for around $2850.00 you can have a complete turbo kit minus the supporting mods (fuel, suspension, etc).

To me, if it is a quality kit liked claimed to be, this deal is too good to pass up.
We will see what happens with these kits after a few 1k miles are put on them.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
I would think that you could put this kit together with turbonetics upgrades on the turbo and tial upgrades on the BOV & wastegate which is additional $425.00 for alot cheaper than hellion

Base price: $1725.00
Turbonetics turbo upgrade: $700
Tail BOV and wastegate upgrade: $425.00

So for around $2850.00 you can have a complete turbo kit minus the supporting mods (fuel, suspension, etc).

To me, if it is a quality kit liked claimed to be, this deal is too good to pass up.
We will see what happens with these kits after a few 1k miles are put on them.

with those upgrade plus the suspension and fuel, you'll be in the $4500ish area... but you don't need Tial and Turbonetics everything to have a decent kit. If i ordered it, the kit would have the Masterpower upgrade and that's it. And looking at the kit, i don't think it would be too hard to make it work with a stock k-member and coilovers. But i would do it anyway to help balance out the weight from the turbo kit.

wcjr

Established Member
with those upgrade plus the suspension and fuel, you'll be in the $4500ish area... but you don't need Tial and Turbonetics everything to have a decent kit. If i ordered it, the kit would have the Masterpower upgrade and that's it. And looking at the kit, i don't think it would be too hard to make it work with a stock k-member and coilovers. But i would do it anyway to help balance out the weight from the turbo kit.

Depends on who makes the bov and wastegates, so you could subtract $425.00 and try what he offers and hope for the best.
Also master powers are notorious for seal leaks, so that is something to keep in mind. Do a little search on them, you will hear horror stories about getting them fixed. So a $700.00 upgrade for one of best turbo's on the market doesnt sound bad to me!

I think that you could spend less than 4500.00 it just depends on how you are going about doing the supension and fuel upgrades.
For instance you could use a focus fuel pump or comparable, cobra 39lb injectors, etc. I believe that this kit could be put together affordably! Depending on what horsepower range you are shooting for. :burnout:

I would do the k member kit, if not i can guarantee you will have to slaughter that kit to get it in.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
all these people talking about quality I dont understand you. The piping is stainless steel and the welds are obviously not going to crack. The kit appears like it fits good and the other guy even said so. Sooo...I dont see a problem here?:shrug: You can put any type of turbo that you want on it and its already set up for blow thru unlike hellion. I love the hellion but if this kit would have been up for sale awhile back it would have been hard to pass up...

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
the pipes that come off the headers are 2.5 they join together and feed the turbo with 3" everything else is 3". Everything is mandrel bent and fits very well.

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
the pipes that come off the headers are 2.5 they join together and feed the turbo with 3" everything else is 3". Everything is mandrel bent and fits very well.

Where do the pipes coming off the headers merge at? by the driver's side header? And what turbo did you go with? Do you know if they offer different exhaust housings for the Masterpower upgrade? Sorry for all the questions, just very curious about this kit.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
they join inside the A arm on the drivers side. I'm running the MPT70. As far as I know the only one you can get is the .68

No prob on the ?s. I just got sick of people draggin this guy through the mud. You cant start out on top. But i can tell you the quality of my kit is just as nice as my buddies Hellion and THP kits.

Bullitt357

Established Member
all these people talking about quality I dont understand you. The piping is stainless steel and the welds are obviously not going to crack. The kit appears like it fits good and the other guy even said so. Sooo...I dont see a problem here?:shrug: You can put any type of turbo that you want on it and its already set up for blow thru unlike hellion. I love the hellion but if this kit would have been up for sale awhile back it would have been hard to pass up...

You guys need to remember that these kits are Chinese made and a guy paid in rice and seaweed is welding these things faster than you can say Mao Zedong. Living in a manufacturing town where I see people losing their jobs, homes, and savings while seeing this type of stuff with people falling for it is very disheartening.

Last edited:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
You guys need to remember that these kits are Chinese made and a guy paid in rice and seaweed is welding these things faster than you can say Mao Zedong. Living in a manufacturing town where I see people losing their jobs, homes, and savings while seeing this type of stuff with people falling for it is very disheartening.

im all for american made parts and id rather buy from an american company, but when the price difference is around $2-3k and the quality is still decent ill trade with the chinese anyday...

1Sick2Valve

Established Member

Where do you get your facts from? What proof do you have that these are welded over seas?

I just think most people are pissed because someone actually made a quality kit that the average joe could afford.

wcjr

Established Member
Where do you get your facts from? What proof do you have that these are welded over seas?

I just think most people are pissed because someone actually made a quality kit that the average joe could afford.

Agreed, why assume that this kit is a piece of sh*t just because hellion or a similar company didnt make it? :??:

Bullitt357

Established Member

I get my facts straight from the horse's mouth. This was from theturboforums.com by On3 Performance:
Re: on3 performance llc
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2009, 11:02:13 AM »

I would post photos of when we built the kit but once again, Im not a sponsor at this time and cannot post anything other than tech. Thats all forum pages allow

There are parts made in Taiwan and there are a few of the parts done in China. If it works, what wrong with that? This is a never ending fight that I would never win so Im really going to get into it. Im helping the people that cannot do their own build or afford the next most affordable kit.

Users who are viewing this thread