The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
I'm still failing to see where he states the kit is welded in china. some parts are, that could be the intercooler, bov, wastegate, who knows. give the guy a break. Its a nice kit.

Bullitt357

Established Member
I'm still failing to see where he states the kit is welded in china. some parts are, that could be the intercooler, bov, wastegate, who knows. give the guy a break. Its a nice kit.

I highly doubt he would pass up the chance to have the welds done there.

CobraVenom01

Established Member
Premium Member
When the cobra kit comes out im ordering it. The day its released... i cant afford a 7k hellion kit. This looks like a well put together kit.....

Bullitt357

Established Member
Turbo Kits for Ford Mustangs most of the details are there.

It's interesting that they use a GT500 on their homepage when they don't even have a kit for one and show a picture of an 05+ to refer to the soon-to-be released 4 valve kit. :dw: Obviously they are not true Mustang enthusiasts or they have retards as webpage designers (probably Chinese ones at that).

Last edited:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
So because they dont make a kit for every mustang made that makes them not enthusiests? Your retarded. The dude just started. who cares what picture they have on their webpage

Bullitt357

Established Member
So because they dont make a kit for every mustang made that makes them not enthusiests? Your retarded. The dude just started. who cares what picture they have on their webpage

Settle down Francis. A Mustang enthusiast would represent a 4 valve kit with a picture of a 4 valve vehicle (96-98 Cobra, 99/01 Cobra, 03/04 Cobra) not a picture of a 3 valve vehicle (I'm referring to the "4 valve coming soon section").

Satyr

Established Member
You guys need to remember that these kits are Chinese made and a guy paid in rice and seaweed is welding these things faster than you can say Mao Zedong. Living in a manufacturing town where I see people losing their jobs, homes, and savings while seeing this type of stuff with people falling for it is very disheartening.

Regardless of where they're welded, they seem to be decent quality. Then again, you are voicing an opinion that, despite the fact it is not supported by any first-hand knowledge, must be right. There's an actual owner of the kit that is noting his experiences with the setup...but, somehow, you know more about it than he does? No one's falling for anything. Hence, this thread is in existence to discuss the opportunities of the kit.

I highly doubt he would pass up the chance to have the welds done there.

Yes, but since you really have no idea what the hell you're talking about, you can't say that for sure now, can you?

It's interesting that they use a GT500 on their homepage when they don't even have a kit for one and show a picture of an 05+ to refer to the soon-to-be released 4 valve kit. :dw: Obviously they are not true Mustang enthusiasts or they have retards as webpage designers (probably Chinese ones at that).

Holy shit...the photos used on a website definitely determine my purchases. I don't know about the rest of you...but the first thing I do when looking for a reputable parts vendor is to browse through the site's photo album. If I am visually pleased I may then proceed to the ordering stage.

Settle down Francis. A Mustang enthusiast would represent a 4 valve kit with a picture of a 4 valve vehicle (96-98 Cobra, 99/01 Cobra, 03/04 Cobra) not a picture of a 3 valve vehicle (I'm referring to the "4 valve coming soon section").

It appears that, for some reason, you are upset with this kit. It seems to be a great opportunity for people not wanting to dish out more than double this for the complete hellion setups (which are fantastic, btw). But regardless of your opinion, let people with either first-hand experience or a clue as to what they're talking about be the ones relaying opinions back and forth, kay?

You're cluttering up this thread with shit that does not pertain to the topic...similarly to what my diatribe has done.

Bullitt357

Established Member
The first hand knowledge comes from On3 Performance's posts (some of which are so unproffesional that that would deter me from purchasing one) as seen on TheTurboForums.com. They clearly state that the parts are from Taiwan and China. They are clealy about the bottom dollar and that is the reason that EVERYONE should be concerned.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Again, because someone makes a kit that the avg. person can afford we should be concerned because if comes from over seas? Really? Hate to burst your bubble, but there are alot of better quality things that come from over seas. Anyways i'm done arguing with you. I actually HAVE the kit. So until you have some other facts besides the jack asses on turbomustangs then zip it. Of course chad has some un professional responses. Hes a new company being slanderd by a bunch of people like you, who ASSUME they know everything about the kit without ever seeing, or touching it.

bullitt3350

Established Member
I take back what i said. It looks like a good kit for the money. Just put the turbo you want on it and you are good to go. People may knock the fact its not US. But i dont see anyone saying anything about the replica wheels they run on there car? Those are not made in the US.

dragtek1

Established Member
I think by referring to the posts on theturboforums.com you will be able to see first hand his responses to questions.

The main concern that I have is that he was "dodging" questions that pertained to important information like warranty. I absolutely have nothing against him at all. However, I do not like how he was not very forthcoming with the answers about warranty information. A simple "no warranty is provided" is better than trying to avoid the question completely.

I do understand that this business is new to him and he is allowed to make mistakes. He did step up to the plate finally and gave some warranty information. I'm still waiting to see it scanned and posted.

Here's my point: This type of "shady" attitude was apparent when he hadn't even sold one kit on the forums yet. What happens when people start purchasing and problems arise 6 - 12 months down the line?

A majority of people that will buy this kit will probably be on a budget. I really hate to see these poor guys lose hard earned money. LOL, I'm part of this crowd dammit.

BTW, I'm 50% Chinese, so I'm not bashing him on the fact that it was possibly made by a relative of mine lol.

Bluebullit

Established Member
I take back what i said. It looks like a good kit for the money. Just put the turbo you want on it and you are good to go. People may knock the fact its not US. But i dont see anyone saying anything about the replica wheels they run on there car? Those are not made in the US.

yep im with you on that plus if he is worried about it being made in the US maybe he should think about the next time he goes shopping for clothes cause most of the clothes are made in Asia also so give up your loosing battle about it being made in China Bullitt357 cause no one here really cares.

As for the kit i have thought about selling my Vortech and buying this kit but i dunno yet

Bullitt357

Established Member
yep im with you on that plus if he is worried about it being made in the US maybe he should think about the next time he goes shopping for clothes cause most of the clothes are made in Asia also so give up your loosing battle about it being made in China Bullitt357 cause no one here really cares.

As for the kit i have thought about selling my Vortech and buying this kit but i dunno yet

You are right, it is hard to find clothes not made in China, Taiwan, Malaysia,etc. However, it's easier to find a turbo kit that's manufactured in the US. And because of that you can damn well bet I would buy an American made one. I'm assuming most of you guys on this site are under thirty and really don't understand the economic impact of your decisions. Enjoy what you have while you have it because with this "who cares" attitude this nation isn't going to have it for much longer. Thanks guys!:bash:

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
You are right, it is hard to find clothes not made in China, Taiwan, Malaysia,etc. However, it's easier to find a turbo kit that's manufactured in the US. And because of that you can damn well bet I would buy an American made one. I'm assuming most of you guys on this site are under thirty and really don't understand the economic impact of your decisions. Enjoy what you have while you have it because with this "who cares" attitude this nation isn't going to have it for much longer. Thanks guys!:bash:

dude who gives a ****? The kit is only $1800....:shrug:

Satyr

Established Member

LOL at a terrible argument.
Read up on globalization...the monetary impact of overseas trading has a much better effect that you think. The problem our country is facing has stemmed from a lack of market-regulation (which may or may not be a bad thing..at this time, it's clearly bad). Not buying things from oversees companies would jack prices of everything up...because international competition would be nonexistent.

Despite the patriotic arguments so many have had...the people out there who will buy the Hellion kits on credit cards and then not pay their bills are more of a financial burden than those who will buy an overseas kit.

JMO...but what do I know.

Finaltheorem47

I'm a Lead Farmer
Established Member

Yo man, this isn't smack down, but you gotta stop worrying about people who are not doing things your ideal way.

I agree with buying American stuff, but this turbo kit obviously was made with the sole purpose of being as affordable to the consumer on a budget.

Also, I believe 95% of people who are looking to buy a turbo kit but are on a budget, aren't going to disqualify the Chinese hybrid turbo kit because its made in China. This was made in America anyways, so its not like all the money is being sent overseas, there is probably an American middle man selling the turbo parts to On3 making profit and an American who runs On3 and all of On3's employees profiting off this.

You cannot make a turbo kit like this with 100% American parts and have it cost the same.

If their kit had top quality in mind, I'm sure different parts would be used and the kit would cost 2-3x as much.

02SVTV6

Established Member
they join inside the A arm on the drivers side. I'm running the MPT70. As far as I know the only one you can get is the .68

No prob on the ?s. I just got sick of people draggin this guy through the mud. You cant start out on top. But i can tell you the quality of my kit is just as nice as my buddies Hellion and THP kits.

you have #'s ? ? ? Videos ? Im looking to get rid of my vortech kit because this belt slip bs is not what i want anymore...4psi on a 12 psi pulley setup FTL...belts/tensioners being swapped every 6 months suck because its a 6 rib setup....rather go MP70 on 9psi all day over 12 on a Vortech with belt issues

19mustang95

Wants another Mystic
Established Member
he posted a video on youtube of the 4V setup, said it made 456/437 on 6.5 psi... car sounds like it has a bad exhaust leak though.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
you have #'s ? ? ? Videos ? Im looking to get rid of my vortech kit because this belt slip bs is not what i want anymore...4psi on a 12 psi pulley setup FTL...belts/tensioners being swapped every 6 months suck because its a 6 rib setup....rather go MP70 on 9psi all day over 12 on a Vortech with belt issues

that is the exact reason i sold my vortech. No numbers yet. Its still been quite snowy here. I'll be getting the dyno tune on the 17th of april.

Not to mention ive ran into issues with my suspension. Damn 13 yr old cars. So ive had to replace alot of stuff i wasnt planning on.

Users who are viewing this thread