The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

bad01cobra

Established Member
Thanks dude, you know it got power when I am spinning over 120 ;) people just hate other success. Once funds available I am going auto, tired of 5 speed and worrying about blowing my trans.

i agree with you guys i have a family and a house payment and this kit is great just bought one for my cobra if 4 yrs down the road something breaks i can buy 4 of them for the price of a hellion so what boost is boost they are just mad because they bought something for around 6-8 grand and are getting there a** handed to them buy some one with a 1700 turbo kit its just like a vette owner they think because they bought a 50,000 dollar car that they are so great and a cheaper mustang is not going to be faster then them wrong so stop complaining and ill keep my cheap kit and be happy and making the same amount of power as a 6-8,000 dollar kit

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
i agree with you guys i have a family and a house payment and this kit is great just bought one for my cobra if 4 yrs down the road something breaks i can buy 4 of them for the price of a hellion so what boost is boost they are just mad because they bought something for around 6-8 grand and are getting there a** handed to them buy some one with a 1700 turbo kit its just like a vette owner they think because they bought a 50,000 dollar car that they are so great and a cheaper mustang is not going to be faster then them wrong so stop complaining and ill keep my cheap kit and be happy and making the same amount of power as a 6-8,000 dollar kit

I am with you , I have family to support and get my toys. If someone wants to give me 7k for Hellion then I will sure to sell my on3 kit and never use it ;) untill then I am happy with what I have and power I am making. All this people complaining are just haters who don't have a clue about this kit. Everyone of us who have this kit loves it and that's all it matters.

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
.....bunch of shit.......

.....more shit.....

.... My kits with better material, and parts, I will show more power per psi than this stuff, with upgrades to the nothing more than the turbo without fab, and it will will last longer, and have a warranty.

AH HA! There it is.

BTW, there is a 1 year warranty on the hot side. Even if it does break, I could build it over in whatever material I wanted and still come out WAAAAY cheaper that any other turbo kit on the market right now. The failures in that thread were for turbo manifolds which see a lot more stress than a couple pipes hook up to factory manifolds. BTW, can you find me any pics of failures on this particular kit? I think the 2V kits been out over a year now. Should be plenty of time for this chinese crap to crack up and fall apart.

Bullitt357

Established Member
it's like buying harbor freight tools. I did it once and I had to take the crap back more than once. It's not worth my time or sanity.

Boost may be boost, but when you have to replace components or reweld piping where exactly are you saving money?

Save money and do it right the first time. Or, on the other hand, you can buy knock off low quality and end up having to do it again. Very simple.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
it's like buying harbor freight tools. I did it once and I had to take the crap back more than once. It's not worth my time or sanity.

Boost may be boost, but when you have to replace components or reweld piping where exactly are you saving money?

Save money and do it right the first time. Or, on the other hand, you can buy knock off low quality and end up having to do it again. Very simple.

I haven't seen any components being re-welded in these kits thus far. Nor have I heard of any failures. I also thought a mod had told you to stop talking out of your ass and cease your thread crapping.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member

Talk shit is all you know.

Last edited:

CPRsm

Made 630rwhp and 657 torque at 5500 rpm with 18 psi then blew intake. In 2 weeks I have another dyno to take care of my fuel spike problem. I will show you how much this kit can make.
I know english is your second laguage, so read it again.You COMPLETELY missed the point. Junk can make power, too. I don't care if it makes 1000rwhp, what good is it if you have to keep re-buying/fixing it ? Can a stock motor make 500 rwhp ? Hell ya it can. But how often do you want to replace motors ?

I haven't seen any components being re-welded in these kits thus far. Nor have I heard of any failures. I also thought a mod had told you to stop talking out of your ass and cease your thread crapping.

That's because you haven't looked around much. Ignorance is bliss on your behalf right ? Why don't you ask him why he upped his flange thickness to 5/8, or why he now makes a mild steel version of that kit, and made everything thicker. If you don't make quality parts, just make it thicker right ?

AH HA! There it is.

Ah ha there what is ? I'm in no competition with him at all. I'm just stating the facts plain and simple. As far as what's out there, look at 2002mustang. He's had his kit how long ? He got some number sand is all happy after all the problems he had and that's great. But the kit has NO TIME on it. The 5.0 kit just broke in record time.

I haven't even started in on the bugger welding on the kit pics I saw in here a little while ago on one of these kits, or a 3in round inlet hole that goes into a T4 rectangle flange. Have you guys even stopped to look at that ? I will get you a visual of that when I get back in town.Then I've seen how a lot are impressed by the chinese pulse welding technique. I'll let you do your own research on what hapens when you rapidly heat and cool metal over and over, or what "under cutting" means. Pulsing is for thin aluminum and people who don't know how to weld. Do what ever you feel like. Again, just letting everyone know how it is.Since the guys that have installed them with no time on the kit, or other who have only ordered them tell stories about how great they are, but really don't have the experience to know what they are looking at other that "it's a pretty weld." Chad's just another non skilled ebay'er selling chinese junk and has a bigger advertising budget. And you guys are falling for it. Again, his stuff doesn't effect me, so there's no hidden motive. I only found this when looking on ere to become a sponsor. Still waiting on an emal back.

It kills me to watch us sell ourselves to the chinese, and you guys try to justify it yourselves by saying it has a warranty, or hes a nice guy, or that the kit is just as good. Do you really want to buy and install 4 kits out of spite ? When your next in the unemployment line because your job was sent over seas, maybe someone will tell you "it's not your fault."

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
I know where you coming from but don't hate on this kit where he have done nothing wrong to you or have our kit took a dump. I had this it on for little over 4 months when my motor blew and now with 20+ psi it's still holding it. Not everyone can afford 7k turbo kit so please untill some of our guys here make turbo kit and charge reasonable price I'm sure people will buy it.

Sorry to say but most all the shit we use made overseas , my sofa, tv, computer, camera e.t.c . :(

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
I know english is your second laguage, so read it again.You COMPLETELY missed the point. Junk can make power, too. I don't care if it makes 1000rwhp, what good is it if you have to keep re-buying/fixing it ? Can a stock motor make 500 rwhp ? Hell ya it can. But how often do you want to replace motors ?

That's because you haven't looked around much. Ignorance is bliss on your behalf right ? Why don't you ask him why he upped his flange thickness to 5/8, or why he now makes a mild steel version of that kit, and made everything thicker. If you don't make quality parts, just make it thicker right ?

Ah ha there what is ? I'm in no competition with him at all. I'm just stating the facts plain and simple. As far as what's out there, look at 2002mustang. He's had his kit how long ? He got some number sand is all happy after all the problems he had and that's great. But the kit has NO TIME on it. The 5.0 kit just broke in record time.

I haven't even started in on the bugger welding on the kit pics I saw in here a little while ago on one of these kits, or a 3in round inlet hole that goes into a T4 rectangle flange. Have you guys even stopped to look at that ? I will get you a visual of that when I get back in town.Then I've seen how a lot are impressed by the chinese pulse welding technique. I'll let you do your own research on what hapens when you rapidly heat and cool metal over and over, or what "under cutting" means. Pulsing is for thin aluminum and people who don't know how to weld. Do what ever you feel like. Again, just letting everyone know how it is.Since the guys that have installed them with no time on the kit, or other who have only ordered them tell stories about how great they are, but really don't have the experience to know what they are looking at other that "it's a pretty weld." Chad's just another non skilled ebay'er selling chinese junk and has a bigger advertising budget. And you guys are falling for it. Again, his stuff doesn't effect me, so there's no hidden motive. I only found this when looking on ere to become a sponsor. Still waiting on an emal back.

It kills me to watch us sell ourselves to the chinese, and you guys try to justify it yourselves by saying it has a warranty, or hes a nice guy, or that the kit is just as good. Do you really want to buy and install 4 kits out of spite ? When your next in the unemployment line because your job was sent over seas, maybe someone will tell you "it's not your fault."

Junk can make power like you said, and the "cheap" kit you keep bashing is holding that power. To be able to sustain 600-700 rwhp, I'd expect the plumbing to be quite strong.

Do you have this kit laying around? Have you even touched the components of this kit?

:pop:

Bullitt357

Established Member
My car went 11.0@ 130 with a TKO600 and On3 kit, then when I went to back it up... my "Made in the USA " FRPP HO oil pump shit the bed and ate my engine.....

What a class act, ha ha. A Ford dealer running an Ebay Chinese kit. Sickening.

Not only are you supporting China but you blatantly talk crap about Ford Racing Performance Products as a Ford dealership employee (according to your email in your sig). Shame on you sir. You probably drive a Kia as your daily driver too.

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member

What mod?

Regardless, many of you obviously aren't comprehending what CPRsm is explaining. Oh sure, you're reading it, but like your K-12 aptitude tests suggest, you're not comprehending it.

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Well not everyone can afford all the best parts, I wanted to try it out to see if it actually worked after one of my customers asked me about it because he couldn't afford a Hellion kit. I couldn't say "No it is Chinese garbage" without actually testing it out, I guess I could have gotten on my high horse and spouted a bunch of rhetoric about Chinese crap, but that would be a lie until I had actually used it. I upgraded to a MP T70 and a Tial wastegate, but used the rest. To be honest the kit works as advertised. Talking crap about Ford Racing?? Just stating that anything can fail, US or Chinese. You sir are an opinionated, holier than thou clown. Not having you at our dealer wouldn't really break my heart, to be brutally honest. My DD, when it isn't winter, is my Mustang. Sorry to disappoint. I still bleed Ford blue, am building the motor again using Manley Rods, hmmm, think they may source some of thier rods from China now though. I hope you aren't rockin Replica Deep dish wheels on your Bullit like so many others, being as they are made in china as well. :beer:
If I had to deal with people like you buying parts from the US I would gladly deal more with Chinese.

Last edited:

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
What mod?

Regardless, many of you obviously aren't comprehending what CPRsm is explaining. Oh sure, you're reading it, but like your K-12 aptitude tests suggest, you're not comprehending it.

This one, skip the "reading" part of that K-12 test?? :idea:

You

And you, Originally Posted by Bullitt357

Need to stay out of this thread.

That is all I'm gonna say for now until I go through all these pages again.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
What mod?

I'd like to see you create a top quality turbo kit for less than $3000, with all American made components, and offer it :pop:

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member

Just curious how much sleep do u lose at night because people buy this kit honestly. Are u a democrat u voted for the health care didn"t you? because u sound like government trying to tell someone what the better buy or else.:bash::bash::bash::bash:

bad01cobra

Established Member

i disagree i have had harbor freight socket wrenches las longer than crapsman made in the usa junk

CPRsm

Junk can make power like you said, and the "cheap" kit you keep bashing is holding that power. To be able to sustain 600-700 rwhp, I'd expect the plumbing to be quite strong.

Do you have this kit laying around? Have you even touched the components of this kit?

:pop:
Holding the power ? What the car that's been up for 4 months, and has had to put a motor in since ? Yeah, it been running along time. How long of of those four months ? Yeah, this kit has been around the block, and it still tickin'. Sorry, don't have to hold it, and never will to see the chinese quailty of a blown header with 11 passes and 50 miles on it. I wouldn't put one of my cusomters thru it, or waste my time on it. You really think just by holding it, you can tell it's quality ?

Hehe now at 111 octane, only about 50 cents more. This is how I do it, I live like 3 minute away from work, do some pulls when I take coworkers for ride and sometime drive around a little then go to the track. When me and family out then we take my wife's car ;)

Full tank of gas will last me months if I baby it , but you know how hard to do ;)
How will this turbo kit ever last with abuse like this ?:dw:

Simple fact is people buy the kit for the same reason lots of people run chevy. It's cheap. Then you install it and it finally fits and it's called a great kit because it makes numbers. But has anyone actaully got more than 3k miles on it other then the guy selling it ? So now you have a bunch of people telling others it's a great kit, when they have 4 miles of dyno pulls on the kit.

Yes, US or Chinese can fail. I deal with it everyday. But the failure rate is not in the favor of the chinese.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread