The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

cobraracer46

Banned
I think that's where a lot of the hate comes from. Guys who spent several thousand dollars on aftermarket blowers or turbo kits are now threatened that a Turbo setup that can be built for around $3k are making similar numbers.

Expensive does not always equal good and good does not always equal expensive.

The Aftermarket blowers are engineered to fit right the first time and they look like a factory install product instead of somthing that was cobbled togeather in some one's back yard wood shed. On top of all that, most blower kits are 50 state leagal. For those reasons, I put a blower kit on my car. I would not put a ON3 performance turbo kit on my car , even if I got it for free.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
The Aftermarket blowers are engineered to fit right the first time and they look like a factory install product instead of somthing that was cobbled togeather in some one's back yard wood shed. On top of all that, most blower kits are 50 state leagal. For those reasons, I put a blower kit on my car. I would not put a ON3 performance turbo kit on my car , even if I got it for free.

Have you even looked at the On3 setup? Its just about all stainless steel. Those pics are of the mock-up, test fit of the plumbing. Do some research into the kit and I guarantee you'll change your mind.

I'd faint if I got one for free lol. Plus, Chad will actually answer any questions you have. He's a stand up guy. :beer:

Bullitt357

Established Member
This is what it comes down to people....when you buy these kits with these generic components you are doing a HUGE disservice to legitimate companies like Tial, TurboSmart, Turbonetics, etc...WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CALLED GENERIC WASTEGATE COMPANY TO ASK HOW TO ROUTE THEIR NO-NAME GATE? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU EMAILED GENERIC BYPASS VALVE COMPANY AND ASKED THEM WHERE TO ROUTE THE BYPASS? WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU SAW GENERIC TURBO COMPANY SPONSOR A RACE CAR? THE ANSWER IS YOU NEVER HAVE!!!! WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON'T INVEST IN CUSTOMER SERVICE OR SUPPORT, THAT'S WHY.

Some will say "well these kits look great and are only $2,000!!". These companies are only in this for a quick buck. These are made in China because of the extremely low labor costs, plain and simple. Costs are kept down by using inferior components. Argue this all you want.

And all you "well it's stainless steel" guys, not all stainless is created equal. This is not OEM quality stainless steel. It may be nice and shiny (and cheesy if you ask me), but is certainly not OEM quality. And some of you may be fine with this also. But remember:
THE BITTER TASTE OF POOR QUALITY LINGERS LONG AFTER THE SWEET SMELL OF A CHEAP PRICE DISAPPEARS......

Apicia

Established Member
I just don't understand why people are bashing. People can install whatever the hell they want to. This turbo kit has come a long way since I first saw it. Making a kit that uses a K-member and solves the problem of the pipes being too low was much needed. I wouldn't mind putting this kit on my Saleen.

Bullitt357

Established Member
I just don't understand why people are bashing. People can install whatever the hell they want to. This turbo kit has come a long way since I first saw it. Making a kit that uses a K-member and solves the problem of the pipes being too low was much needed. I wouldn't mind putting this kit on my Saleen.

Seriously? That is like teaming cheap white-van speakers with a high-end audio system. Just doesn't make sense.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Seriously? That is like teaming cheap white-van speakers with a high-end audio system. Just doesn't make sense.

Have you actually seen the components in this kit? If you haven't, who are you to judge?

Not everyone has $7k to spend on Hellion. What you are suggesting is that there should be no competition in the market for turbo kits

Bullitt357

Established Member
Have you actually seen the components in this kit? If you haven't, who are you to judge?

Not everyone has $7k to spend on Hellion. What you are suggesting is that there should be no competition in the market for turbo kits

Yes, I have seen the components in the kit. They come in boxes that literally say "wastegate", "blowoff valve", "turbo".

I'm saying this guy shouldn't be putting a generic anything on his Saleen.

I'm certainly not saying there shouldn't be competition. I AM suggesting that individuals purchasing these generic or knock-off components are undermining legitimate companies that offer actual support behind their products and probably get calls from these generic components' customers.

To say these components are questionable is an understatement.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Yes, I have seen the components in the kit. They come in boxes that literally say "wastegate", "blowoff valve", "turbo".

I'm saying this guy shouldn't be putting a generic anything on his Saleen.

I'm certainly not saying there shouldn't be competition. I AM suggesting that individuals purchasing these generic or knock-off components are undermining legitimate companies that offer actual support behind their products and probably get calls from these generic components' customers.

To say these components are questionable is an understatement.

Components can be changed. The kit is pretty much a springboard. It's an inexpensive and great way to start off in the world of boost. The feedback from actual consumers have been pretty good as well.

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Funny, my turbo came in a box that said Master Power. I'll say it again, you are a douche and need to get a life. So I wanna see your house, what kind of appliances do you have? What kind of computer are you using? Monitor, TV, Clothing? You need to voice your opinion in a dark closet because thats the only place that someone cares. Ive actually done a metalergy test on the pipes from On3 and the piping from a "big name" turbo company. guess what, extremely similar. So maybe you should log off your computer and send it back. You live in the ice age. This kit is legit and affordable, customer service is far more superior than some of the "big name " companies ive dealt with.

Bullitt357

Established Member
This kit is legit and affordable, customer service is far more superior than some of the "big name " companies ive dealt with.

So Einstein tell me how does one get ahold of a wastegate manufacturer when all the box has in it is a folded piece of copy paper with numerous mis-spellings and absolutely NO contact information?

I'm talking the components of the kit. MasterPower is not the standard turbo that comes with this kit. The standard turbo will most definitely come in a box that simply says "turbo" and have very little in the way of other information.

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
That is what I'm encouraging people to do.

People have been doing so. 2002MustangGT is upgrading is wastegate to Tial. That's the beauty of the kit. It gets you started, that's pretty much what it's intentions are.

I'll be picking up one of these kits in a few weeks, just to get my foot in the door. 400 hp foot in the door with room to grow for $2k is awesome.

When I get my built block, then it'll be time to get the Tial/Bullseye/etc. stuff.

CPRsm

I'd like to see the mock up pics of the fox body stuff you are so proud in saying you didn't copy there Chad. then back tracking as saying that you has it, but then "made changes to it." So which is it ? And on the same kit, the guy that bought one and got all of 11 passes out of it before the primary tube literally BLEW APART. Gee I wonder why you don't offer headers anymore ? Or no one had some out there for you to copy ? Or you can't build them. Or reliezed that cheap metal won't take the heat. This way you can delay the cracking and make your money before anyone figures it out.

How anyone is judging how a kit looks like good material because it's "304" is beyond me. It's made over seas where the quality is not the same. Pretty welds doesn't not mean quality. If a 30 day warranty on his turbo, and nothing on the rest of the kit isn't enough proof of how much he's willing to stand behind his product, I don't know what to tell you. Even if you replace it, you've polished a turd.

GloomyGT, why would would you want to buy stuff twice ?

2002mustangGt is funnier than anyone. Finally get tht thing running and talking crap while surrounded by people making more than you, with parts that will be running longer than yours. At least get an 11 sec timeslip before talking crap.

Chinese or not, turbo will make power if you put it on anything, and turbo, any cheap parts. Reason you buy the good stuff is so you don't have to buy it again. Buy it twice is alwya more expensive. ESPECIALLY if you buy the good stuff second time around. And if you have to pay to replace it with someone else doing the wrok, damn. Gets expensive quick.

This is chinese material. Good luck to anyone who buys a kit though. HE will say it's not "his factory", which he may or may not be able to prove. But it's the material that is junk. So unless the chinese are buying our material and sending it over there.....

Why not to use cheap 304 stainless

Same "quality" material and welding stated by others on here.

Treadstone MUSTANG TURBO KIT 5.0 302 87-93 Hot Parts : eBay Motors (item 400090477315 end time Apr-06-10 16:34:37 PDT)

It's nothing personal here. BUt I have to deal with chinese crap all day long because it is the only thing on the market. I would gladly pay four times as much so I only had to do it once. And to see people say they will just get it welded up once it cracks is hilarious. Welding it up won't fix cheap material.

I have stayed out of the newer market because of the chinese. But have decided to start making them. My kits with better material, and parts, I will show more power per psi than this stuff, with upgrades to the nothing more than the turbo without fab, and it will will last longer, and have a warranty.

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
2002mustangGt is funnier than anyone. Finally get tht thing running and talking crap while surrounded by people making more than you, with parts that will be running longer than yours. At least get an 11 sec timeslip before talking crap.

Made 630rwhp and 657 torque at 5500 rpm with 18 psi then blew intake. In 2 weeks I have another dyno to take care of my fuel spike problem. I will show you how much this kit can make.

If I have auto it will go 10 low as it sits before new dyno tune. Once tune is done you will see 11 sec video , 10 sec have to wait till auto trans and not stock 3650.

I am happy with this kit bro so leave it to that, you don't own this kit and don't have a clue of how the quality is. If you can afford better quality then good for you.

I will like to see your kit !!

Last edited:

Bullitt357

Established Member
I'd like to see the mock up pics of the fox body stuff you are so proud in saying you didn't copy there Chad. then back tracking as saying that you has it, but then "made changes to it." So which is it ? And on the same kit, the guy that bought one and got all of 11 passes out of it before the primary tube literally BLEW APART. Gee I wonder why you don't offer headers anymore ? Or no one had some out there for you to copy ? Or you can't build them. Or reliezed that cheap metal won't take the heat. This way you can delay the cracking and make your money before anyone figures it out.

How anyone is judging how a kit looks like good material because it's "304" is beyond me. It's made over seas where the quality is not the same. Pretty welds doesn't not mean quality. If a 30 day warranty on his turbo, and nothing on the rest of the kit isn't enough proof of how much he's willing to stand behind his product, I don't know what to tell you. Even if you replace it, you've polished a turd.

GloomyGT, why would would you want to buy stuff twice ?

Chinese or not, turbo will make power if you put it on anything, and turbo, any cheap parts. Reason you buy the good stuff is so you don't have to buy it again. Buy it twice is alwya more expensive. ESPECIALLY if you buy the good stuff second time around. And if you have to pay to replace it with someone else doing the wrok, damn. Gets expensive quick.

This is chinese material. Good luck to anyone who buys a kit though. HE will say it's not "his factory", which he may or may not be able to prove. But it's the material that is junk. So unless the chinese are buying our material and sending it over there.....

Why not to use cheap 304 stainless

Same "quality" material and welding stated by others on here.

Treadstone MUSTANG TURBO KIT 5.0 302 87-93 Hot Parts : eBay Motors (item 400090477315 end time Apr-06-10 16:34:37 PDT)

It's nothing personal here. BUt I have to deal with chinese crap all day long because it is the only thing on the market. I would gladly pay four times as much so I only had to do it once. And to see people say they will just get it welded up once it cracks is hilarious. Welding it up won't fix cheap material.

I have stayed out of the newer market because of the chinese. But have decided to start making them. My kits with better material, and parts, I will show more power per psi than this stuff, with upgrades to the nothing more than the turbo without fab, and it will will last longer, and have a warranty.

VERY well said.

SVT_BERTO

Established Member
Made 630rwhp and 657 torque at 5500 rpm with 18 psi then blew intake. In 2 weeks I have another dyno to take care of my fuel spike problem. I will show you how much this kit can make.

If I have auto , it will go 10 low as it sits before new dyno tune. Once tune is done you will see 11 sec video , 10 sec have to wait till auto trans and not stock 3650.

I am happy with this kit bro so leave it to that, you don't own this kit and don't have a clue of how the quality is. If you can afford better quality then good for you.

I will like to see your kit !!

Let's throw my T56 in it and show em' what that car's got. Although 10's in a stick car won't be easy! I KNOW that car has it in it tho!

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Thanks dude, you know it got power when I am spinning over 120 ;) people just hate other success. Once funds available I am going auto, tired of 5 speed and worrying about blowing my trans.

Users who are viewing this thread