The new On3 Performance 96-04 turbo kit...

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
How will this turbo kit ever last with abuse like this ?:dw:

Thanks for your concern but so far it's holding fine. Any kit can crack or turbo can blow, my little cheap Master Power turbo doing just fine with all this abuse, have seen big name turbo go out in few months .

If you trying to get in this business to show us how good your kit is then you just doing it wrong. Just like Chad proved that this kit works you need to do the same and stop hating on other's success.

Show your work, price e.t.c and forget about how this kit is shit and all. Do you know why this kit is so successful cause people like you hating makes other wanna try it and see if it really work and we all finding it does ;)

Last edited:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Holding the power ? What the car that's been up for 4 months, and has had to put a motor in since ? Yeah, it been running along time. How long of of those four months ? Yeah, this kit has been around the block, and it still tickin'. Sorry, don't have to hold it, and never will to see the chinese quailty of a blown header with 11 passes and 50 miles on it. I wouldn't put one of my cusomters thru it, or waste my time on it. You really think just by holding it, you can tell it's quality ?

Simple fact is people buy the kit for the same reason lots of people run chevy. It's cheap. Then you install it and it finally fits and it's called a great kit because it makes numbers. But has anyone actaully got more than 3k miles on it other then the guy selling it ? So now you have a bunch of people telling others it's a great kit, when they have 4 miles of dyno pulls on the kit.

Yes, US or Chinese can fail. I deal with it everyday. But the failure rate is not in the favor of the chinese.

Like I said before in my previous post, if you can stop your bitching, and offer a high quality turbo kit with "American made" components for under $3000, and are able to prove that our kits don't last, then you can talk. At this point, you're just running your mouth off of no reasoning whatsoever.

COBRA MAN OF UT

F...UR SUPRA @ GTR
Established Member
Holding the power ? What the car that's been up for 4 months, and has had to put a motor in since ? Yeah, it been running along time. How long of of those four months ? Yeah, this kit has been around the block, and it still tickin'. Sorry, don't have to hold it, and never will to see the chinese quailty of a blown header with 11 passes and 50 miles on it. I wouldn't put one of my cusomters thru it, or waste my time on it. You really think just by holding it, you can tell it's quality ?

Simple fact is people buy the kit for the same reason lots of people run chevy. It's cheap. Then you install it and it finally fits and it's called a great kit because it makes numbers. But has anyone actaully got more than 3k miles on it other then the guy selling it ? So now you have a bunch of people telling others it's a great kit, when they have 4 miles of dyno pulls on the kit.

Yes, US or Chinese can fail. I deal with it everyday. But the failure rate is not in the favor of the chinese.

hmm one of your customers ok big bad reliable shop/company who do u work for and what do u sell? Dont hide behind the computer chicken name where u work and what can u provide that is better... I live where STS is born and I will go right to Rick Squires and everyone of his retards and tell them to there face what a over hyped pile a garbage them ass mounts are but they see me not a computer name. So who are u? Come out from behind the curtain WIZARD of turbo kits How is anyone suppose to take anything u say or what u think with any sort of merit.:pop:

CPRsm

Like I said before in my previous post, if you can stop your bitching, and offer a high quality turbo kit with "American made" components for under $3000, and are able to prove that our kits don't last, then you can talk. At this point, you're just running your mouth off of no reasoning whatsoever.
The parts in my kit cost me more than 3k alone. And my kits come with headers. As for running my mouth, again, do your own research. I'm only here to conteract you running yours with a lack of info. Not to convince you to buy mine or return yours. I don't even have anything here anyone can buy.You haven't even got all of your kit, let alone installed it to find out if you even know if it's any good. Yet you defend the kit like you actually have a clue as to what your talking about.

Thanks for your concern but so far it's holding fine. Any kit can crack or turbo can blow, my little cheap Master Power turbo doing just fine with all this abuse, have seen big name turbo go out in few months .
You haven't seen anything. Have you even been into turbos for over a year ? Quit making stuff up to fit your story. Stuff on both sides fail. It happens. but should last more than 11 runs.

If you trying to get in this business to show us how good your kit is then you just doing it wrong. Just like Chad proved that this kit works you need to do the same and stop hating on other's success.
Of course it works. Remmber when I said anything with a turbo will make power ?

Sucess ? You are very short sighted. Success isn't selling a bunch of crap to guys that don't know any better. I'm not doing this to get business OK ? I don't compete with him. Do you not get that ? He can go on selling kits to you guys and it won't make a difference to me at all. It's not hating, or whatever other excuse you want to make to yourself to justify for buying junk. That master power won't last long either.

In case you didn't realize, I stuck up for him when he first came to the turbo forums. This was before you showed up and got yourself banned, twice.He swore his chinese kits were superior. Everyone gave him shit, and I said to give him a chance, maybe it's OK. Maybe it was better than the other ebay stuff. Then we found out he was using PTK's old design,(and he denied it, even with pics of his side by side to PTK's. It was so easy to see it was a copy it sickening) and then it only lasted 11 passes before detroying a header. Not cracking, I mean ballooning up to where the rupture was about 3in long. So I do this for YOU guys. So you can't convince some other poor guy to buy a kit when you tell them it's the greastest thing since sliced bread. It wasn't too long ago the compressor housingings were glued on. And when they came apart, they took out motors. But the guys that are now chearing for him haven't been around long enough to know this.

The "Rich" comments kill me for those who have bought those kits. I'm not rich, and I built mine for myself because no one made one for my car. But it still took me forever to get the cash to buy the stuff. So anyone who decided to get a quality kit, I don't think that makes them rich. But it's funny because when you look at how much money the total car cost you....fuel, short blcok, tranny, rear end, etc and you spend 45k when your done. 5k in the long run doesn't seem like much, especially when you have to buy more parts like 2002GT did trying to trouble shoot his stuff. He questioned his "quality" parts. Or people talk about buying good parts to put on his tubing lol. The part that takes the most time to make, hrs upon hrs to make is what people won't pay for.

hmm one of your customers ok big bad reliable shop/company who do u work for and what do u sell? Dont hide behind the computer chicken name where u work and what can u provide that is better... I live where STS is born and I will go right to Rick Squires and everyone of his retards and tell them to there face what a over hyped pile a garbage them ass mounts are but they see me not a computer name. So who are u? Come out from behind the curtain WIZARD of turbo kits How is anyone suppose to take anything u say or what u think with any sort of merit.:pop:
Lol @ internet tough guy. All this talk about what you would do, talk about about what you haven't done. But you try to call me out hiding behind your screen name. :lol: I'm Dustin Gregory btw, if names are so important. I'm not some huge turbo company, and I like it that way. I'm not over loaded with phone calls everyday, I pick and choose my cars I want to build kits on. But I'm not hiding either. Name is in the screenname. I didn't come here to get customers. I like the way it is right now. I am only getting into a bigger market because I love to build kits, and in ceretain areas of the boosted world I see where I can make improvements over what, if anything is available. And in the area I'm in right now, chinese parts rule even more than they do in the boosted world and it's hard to make money when you can't buy a good part, and ANY cost. If funny because you guys have a choice, but talk about buying the cheap one, and re-welding it when it cracks.:bored:

But if my merit is needed for someone to listen to me before bying this kit, very well. I started my business and within 6 months was in a mag shoot for a car I put a kit on. At 12psi it made 477rwhp without an intercooler at 5600 with the AFR at 10.09. The cam didn't stop until 6500 but we stopped tuning because evert time we touched it the numbers leaped. Didn't want that with a stock block. The car I'm working on now will be a mag when ever it's done, and I've been contacted about doing an episode on TV about it. Which for previous reasons stated I don't want to do, and won't. I won't be the company that falls behind because they became too big, too fast.

davesic2.jpg

driverheaderhans003vq8.jpg

passheader4.jpg

passheader3q.jpg

passheader4.jpg

passheader3q.jpg

2indone.jpg

2indone2.jpg

BIGGESTJOHNSON

Established Member
Your work is beautifull, but I crew chief multiple road race cars and I know how much fabrication for that kind of work costs. It simply just is not in 99% of peoples budgets for thier street cars. I personally would preffer to run cast manifolds on turbo's due to the extreme abuse they take. I wouldn't buy anyones tubular header for a street car because over time they will all crack. Sh!t, the quality stainless and tig welded brackets on our road race car crack over time due to all the changes in temp and shock loading they take. I have never used the On3 5.0 kits and probably won't, due to being tubular headers, but for your average Joe looking to get into forced induction the modular kits are a great "foot in the door" for the price of the kit, if a tube cracks... I will just get one replicated out of better material. I will still end up ahead in the end in my opinion. PS, teach me to Tig weld like that :rockon:

CPRsm

BIG johson, I get that. Not too many street cars need 2in primaries. This is for my own car. But well build headers don't have any of a chance of cracking than cast manifolds. I have been making them now for over 5 years and never had anyone call me, or seen anything about cracking. Having tubing being able to move independant from one another is better than lumping them all together. Cast works because it's thick as hell. I beat the SHIT of of my personal kit. Wheels coming up then down while holding a 22 lb turbo just to see what would happen. Nothing. I think fear of tubular headers is spread by guys that have kits that don't offer them.I'm not even saying that just because you buy american you are guarunteed a better part. I just know what this is. Header design can be perfect, but if you over heat the weld, under cut it or just don't know what your doing, you can still f it up. But I plan on running test on a test mule I just bought to prove it. Find out which kits are quality. This just ain't one of them. May be "good enough", but there is certainly a difference.

Even at 3k I would have lost my ass on those headers. Not many people would pay that, and that's one reason I don't like custom. No one will ever know or understand how long it takes to just sit there and stare with a few pieces of tubing just to get an idea of where you think it may fit. But all my stuff is done to the best of my abilities, or it doesn't go out. I won't make compromises like others to make a buck, or make it easier for someone else to afford, or cut corners for an easy install. My name to me is worth more than making a buck. The kit I make will not be 3k, but it will be up with the highest of quality kits. Not even close to 50 yet, but see that as being a problem of craftsmanship on both sides on the fence in this country. Guys let it go out and it look like hell or doesn't fit, but they don't have much choice because everyone would rather pay less and make it fit than pay for something that goes in like butta.

Not too bright are you Gloomy ? Parts will be more than 3k. Why would I work for free, or work to loose money ? There is a stigma about fabricators not being allowed to make money and I don't get it. My tig welder cost more than your kit, and not just by 200 bucks. Not the whole thing, just the blue box. Then add the pedal, torch, etc. If you want a better deal, talk to the guy that does nothing to make your kit but importing it, marks it up 1500 bucks for just un boxing it and sending it to you. But you've lost your mind if you thiink I'll work for a week on a kit to make nothing just so you get a "deal."

Does anyone here work for free ? Everyone thinks if I make 75 bucks and hr, 75 bucks goes right in our pockets. :bash:

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
No I do not work for free. What does that have to do with anything? I didn't but my kit for $0.00 either. A fee was paid for both the parts and labor to create the On3 kit. No one is working for free.

Last edited:

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
No one work for free and we paid the price that we could afford on our budget, just you getting butt hurt cause no one can afford to pay your awesome tig weld turbo kit but you.

Sorry but I would rather buy Hellion if it cost more then 3k for your kit cause who knows you , lol no one.

Only people complaining are the on who never own this kit and just talking shit for nothing, ask any on3 customer and they are happy. Why you even here talking shit and not having your own thread, this is about his kit q/a not haters lounge.

BTW nothing have every cracked or broken with my kit .

dteal23

I like big butts
Established Member
^ He is saying that you may not know the difference in the quality that you purchased vs a very high quility kit. you guys dont know better so u think that you have a great kit when it maybe just decent (or shitty in others opinion) .personally I dont care if i have the best quality, if it works then im good. if it doesnt last 10 years ok, thats fine. ill fix things here and there. but i can understand both sides of this arguement. the best thing about this kits is the price. id buy it.

CPRsm

No one work for free and we paid the price that we could afford on our budget, just you getting butt hurt cause no one can afford to pay your awesome tig weld turbo kit but you.
Lol, yeah no one can afford the kit I don't make, and the price that no one knows about.

Sorry but I would rather buy Hellion if it cost more then 3k for your kit cause who knows you , lol no one.
No sweet heart, YOU don't know who I am. Been around a bit longer than you, and will be around longer than you and the recylced wok of yours. Hell my kit was in a mag before you even bought your stuff.

Only people complaining are the on who never own this kit and just talking shit for nothing, ask any on3 customer and they are happy. Why you even here talking shit and not having your own thread, this is about his kit q/a not haters lounge.
Yeah, because you were on youtube with a kit not fitting, then the DP not fitting with the v-band, which he apparently denies there is any problem, and he's got another problem with someone on the corral right now. And your trying to tell the guy everything will be OK when you haven't a clue.

BTW nothing have every cracked or broken with my kit .
Just not getting it are ya ? You've already said that.Get some miles on your kit, more than 6 miles a day, then come back and tell someone. Between blown motors and canceled dyno appt's, your car has been on jackstand longer than it's been running.Awesome, your kit made it past the time frame the last one did.

No I do not work for free. What does that have to do with anything? I didn't but my kit for $0.00 either. A fee was paid for both the parts and labor to create the On3 kit. No one is working for free.
It has to do with the fact I've said more than once the parts will be over 3k, but you continue to tell me to sell if for 3k when you don't know what my kit will contain. So either you aren't listening (probable), or you think people work for free. That's why I asked.

My simple message after getting through the hoards of nutswingers where a 1/3 don't own a kit, 1/3 own a kit and have yet to install or dyno, and the last 1/3 has dynoed but been running for less than 6 months, is know what you are buying. If your fine with sending money out of the country, to buy an inferior kit with the intentions of replacing stuff as it breaks that's fine. I'm just trying to prevent people new to it from making a choice based on opinions from the lesser informed . If they research for themselves and still want it, it's their money.

Last edited:

Hmbre97

Eaton powered
Established Member
My simple message after getting through the hoards of nutswingers where a 1/3 don't own a kit, 1/3 own a kit and have yet to install or dyno, and the last 1/3 has dynoed but been running for less than 6 months, is know what you are buying. If your fine with sending money out of the country, to buy an inferior kit with the intentions of replacing stuff as it breaks that's fine. I'm just trying to prevent people new to it from making a choice based on opinions from the lesser informed . If they research for themselves and still want it, it's their money.

So will you quit crapping up this thread now?

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
To sum this up,

We have a cheap turbo kit that can be upgraded as far as parts go. Now with other pipe options also.

Know that the pipe is Chinese and the $$ is going over there,
Know that some think it will not last.
Know that at least 1 here has it on his car for 1 year with no issues.
Know that a few others have had it on for a few months or more.
Know that all/most have had V-clamp issues as the worst part of it.
Know that it makes good power.
Know that you need other items, K-member, fuel system.
Know that the owner of said company seems to be a stand up guy according to the members HERE.

Now it gets better,

Know that the next person who slams/bashes another member will get a vacation.
If you cannot express yourself without the negitivity or bashing then stay out.
For those who complain,
A simple "the parts are made in china and I don't agree with sending my $$ there or think it will last" would have been fine. To keep bashing and keep saying it over and over is enough.

Now my opinion and opinion only as I have no dog in this hunt. I know the feeling of losing things to China as I lost a job years ago due to it directly.
However, it is common and part of life now.
The kit is good priced for people who are on a budget but can afford to fix 1 thing at a time if/when they break.

The owner of this company is offering a entry level kit and a service that there is a market for. Sorry to those who hate stuff he sells that is made in China but the bottom line is a kit this price probably cannot be done any other way.

Who knows, maybe his business will take off and he may create a few JOBS HERE IN THE U.S.

Now there was my personal opinion, now the business side,
As a mod for this site I will warn all of you, (Not just the haters as some of the others have warnings for name calling) If you cannot give your opinion without calling someone an Idiot, douche, or Einstein then keep your opinion out.
If it continues the thread will get closed and some will end up with infractions/bans.

I have warned enough. The crap stops here and now.

2002mustanggt

Turbo 2V
Established Member
Problem with this kit not fitting cause by my upr k-member, if I have qa1 I wouldn't have fitment issue and yes I drive my car daily to work maybe 3 miles and then take her for ride few times a week. No jack stand queen here, I run my car hard just to let you know . I am done here

mellor_21

Established Member
Problem with this kit not fitting cause by my upr k-member, if I have qa1 I wouldn't have fitment issue and yes I drive my car daily to work maybe 3 miles and then take her for ride few times a week. No jack stand queen here, I run my car hard just to let you know . I am done here

Sorry if I missed this, I didn't read the whole thread, but are his 4v kits out yet and is there any info on them?
Don't have a mustang atm, just asking out of curiousity.

GloomySVT

LolUMad?
Established Member
Sorry if I missed this, I didn't read the whole thread, but are his 4v kits out yet and is there any info on them?
Don't have a mustang atm, just asking out of curiousity.

Yep. They have a kit out for the 99-01 Cobra. It certainly makes power too :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread