The new Koenigsegg, 1700hp, 3 cylinders, 4 seats, 4 wheel drive, 0-60 in under 2 seconds.

gofast15

Established Member
Super sick , 4 seater with crazy performance and great look .However it will be priced just like all other Koenigsegg cars

Recon

Established Member
I've long said that. When he actually shows the world something, he's already 3 steps further.

Which is why my boss and I classify him as a once in a generation genius of the automotive industry. Some of his updates/revisions on his cars are truly incredible. He’s up there with the greats like Ferdinand Porsche.

Pick your poison.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
Which is why my boss and I classify him as a once in a generation genius of the automotive industry. Some of his updates/revisions on his cars are truly incredible. He’s up there with the greats like Ferdinand Porsche.

Pick your poison.

Yup, 50 years ago it was Porsche, Ferrari and Lamborghini, and today it's Koenigsegg and Pagani in terms of one man's dreams companies.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Have to watch this later, soooo cool they’re putting the free valve system to use.

coposrv

Established Member

Pick your poison.

I agree. Completely out of left field too. If I remember correctly he didn’t come from a tradition engineering background either.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Koenigsegg never ceases to amaze me! The way they come across challenges that the whole I industry faces and then seemingly solve them with ease is amazing. They created a 4 seater hypercar where the back seat passengers aren't crushed to death by the front seats. That in itself is not the best thing about the car but there are dozens of 2+2 cars out there where you wonder why they even bothered with a back seat to begin with.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
It’s been at least 15 years or so, but I recall reading in an Engine Masters magazine about a valve free design. You basically replaced the heads and used the timing chain to turn a cam that had a pocket like cut that would allow air in and out. IIRC, they had been testing it on a 302 Ford Mustang (1995 maybe?) and made over 400 wheel HP on the head change alone compared to a low 200 stock. They were able to rev the engine to almost 10K on a pull as well. This was in a 100% stock engine with the only change being the new valve free heads. I’m hoping someone else on here recalls it because my Googlefu isn’t turning up anything.

olympic

Established Member
It’s been at least 15 years or so, but I recall reading in an Engine Masters magazine about a valve free design.

I think what you are referring to is called a rotary valve. Koenigsegg uses "free valve" which uses traditional valves that are opened and closed by an electric actuator. This gives the ECM complete control over valve events and makes possible some very cool things with an internal combustion engine.

andymarkv

Established Member
Koenigsegg uses "free valve" which uses traditional valves that are opened and closed by an electric actuator.
Wow... I remember theoretical discussions about this back in the late 90's...and now its here.
Talk about variable valve timing!!

Do you even need a traditional starter motor...? Or just open the intake valve on the cylinder just past TDC, squirt fuel in, close the valves & ignite it?

The engine management for this thing must be CrAzY!

Users who are viewing this thread