The I want it, who has/had

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I've always wanted a C5 Z06. I've been in love with that car since I saw it on the cover of Motor Trend.

Before that was the regular C5 which I may opt for since the targa top is appealing to me.

I am actually getting close to buying on in the next year or so. When the time comes I'll see what I can get.

Yes I know the interior isn't that great but I don't care and the seats will get tossed for some Recaros.

Wise man.

We bought one brand new in 03. Got damn, that car was bad ass. Ive now owned 500, 600, 700, and 900+whp cars and that 03 c5z is still one of the most fun cars ive ever driven.

I will have another one day, no doubt about it.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I had a ’14 500… It had all the options minus the glass roof. Hated the ”Ricardos”…. I would not say Im a big guy, but the side bolsters really dug into my lats and made driving for long periods uncomfortable.

Very powerful car bone stock (600 RWHP). Not much will **** with it, even to this day.

Felt kinda mushy even with the SVT Performance pkg… Not a big fan of the way it drove, especially when dogging on it. Felt like it would bite you in the ass, eventually.

Responds incredible to mods, but its a double edged sword. I would definitely not get this car putting down power past the 700 RWHP mark, if you plan on driving it hard, unless you dont mind the VERY expensive bill that will come with that.

Great car, very special. Especially because 99% of people will just look at it like another outdated stang, but car guys will know what it is. Definitely a Gen 2 Terminator.

View attachment 1816068

So true. A friend of mine had one new and did the bolt-ons pretty quickly. Put it on his dyno and was making 740whp iirc, but he let us take it out with our other friend driving who was a skilled driver and had a 2012 GT500, another friend was in the passenger seat, and I sat in the back. He punches it on a two lane road with oncoming cars and the rear end lights up doing about 50mph I'd guess and it starts to come around, and I swear the nose of the car was across the double yellow heading for an oncoming car that wasn't far, but he stayed in it and directed it back in our lane. It was close enough I'm sure the oncoming car slammed the brakes on. He admitted he wasn't thinking it was going to get away from him that quickly.

Even from my perspective in the backseat it seemed to happen so fast that I could see a lot of people not reacting on time and that car could eat you up.

Last edited:

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Loved these when I was a kid. Were surprisingly common in southern California. Just saw one that dude did an ecoboost swap on and it got me rock hard.

Could have actually become something if Ford had just called it what it actually was, Sierra 500. They tried to get all fancy and no one knew what it was and couldn't pronounce it lol. I've always been interested in these also and wouldn't be surprised if values syrocketed on them because they are an American Sierra and probably even rarer than the European models which bring big money.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
Keeping with the theme of the thread, when it comes to cars the "I want it" right now would be

series 100 toyota land cruiser
03-04 cobra
r33 GT-R

I’ve always wanted a Lincoln Mark VIII.

Friend of mine bought a 97 LSC black over black in Washington and drove it back to NY (same trip I bought my 95 SC400 on and drove back to PA). Aside from something being up with that specific car where the driver seat felt so sacked out and crooked that it actually gave you back pain (I call it fat guy seat syndrome), the car drove incredibly similar to our Marauders. Just with a bit more of a compliant ride out back due to the IRS.

I see some cool ones that come to Carlisle (Coyote/6spd cars, eaton swap/6spd cars, etc). I'll admire those, know that I had my Mark viii experience when I got to drive that LSC for an hour and a half on the 101 in NorCal, and call it good. Not really interested in owning one at this point.

DSC_4112-X3.jpg

DSC_4098-X3.jpg

I have a 97 Town Car with air suspension. Amazingly, at 177k miles the air springs are still ok. I do have a set of coil springs in the trunk for when I need them.

Mark VIIIs have always been a car I wanted. Maybe one day.

My 03 Marauder had functioning factory air bags well into the 150-160k range, I replaced them because they were pretty dry rotted looking but they still "worked" just fine.

Arnott and Suncore sell compressors and bags for cheap prices. It's not a Mercedes ABC air suspension, they're really simple to keep going. Just say no to poverty coils

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Keeping with the theme of the thread, when it comes to cars the "I want it" right now would be

03-04 cobra
r33 GT-R

Friend of mine bought a 97 LSC black over black in Washington and drove it back to NY (same trip I bought my 95 SC400 on and drove back to PA). Aside from something being up with that specific car where the driver seat felt so sacked out and crooked that it actually gave you back pain (I call it fat guy seat syndrome), the car drove incredibly similar to our Marauders. Just with a bit more of a compliant ride out back due to the IRS.

I see some cool ones that come to Carlisle (Coyote/6spd cars, eaton swap/6spd cars, etc). I'll admire those, know that I had my Mark viii experience when I got to drive that LSC for an hour and a half on the 101 in NorCal, and call it good. Not really interested in owning one at this point.

DSC_4112-X3.jpg

DSC_4098-X3.jpg

My 03 Marauder had functioning factory air bags well into the 150-160k range, I replaced them because they were pretty dry rotted looking but they still "worked" just fine.

Arnott and Suncore sell compressors and bags for cheap prices. It's not a Mercedes ABC air suspension, they're really simple to keep going. Just say no to poverty coils

Arnott products are really nice. They are used a lot by shops when servicing blown bags on just about everything that comes equipped with them.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member

03-04 cobra
r33 GT-R

DSC_4112-X3.jpg

DSC_4098-X3.jpg

Just say no to poverty coils

When I had my Expedition, the cost of replacing all the air ride components was more than I was willing to deal with. If the system was somewhat working, it might be worth it.

It got the poverty coils lol.

Sent from my SM-S918U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Adower

Established Member
Got one. Totally worth every penny. It's probably the most fun and exciting gun I've ever shot and it chews up anything you put in it.

We had 10 M4s in our armory on post when I was in RTT and we used them for breaching and I carried one on my back as a back-up because they mostly sat in the locker except for the breacher who had one. They're stout shotguns and one of the best I've ever shot and owned.View attachment 1815934
Nice! I’m stuck with the non collapsible stock in CA since I’m not Leo.

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Could have actually become something if Ford had just called it what it actually was, Sierra 500. They tried to get all fancy and no one knew what it was and couldn't pronounce it lol. I've always been interested in these also and wouldn't be surprised if values syrocketed on them because they are an American Sierra and probably even rarer than the European models which bring big money.
Thing is GM had Sierra hence the XR4Ti so unless Ford wanted a lawsuit on top of everything else and still a name change. Would of been better by putting the wheels and tires from the Cosworth and a valve cover for the engine and calling it the Cosworth 500.

IA Shelby

Established Member
Wise man.

We bought one brand new in 03. Got damn, that car was bad ass. Ive now owned 500, 600, 700, and 900+whp cars and that 03 c5z is still one of the most fun cars ive ever driven.

I will have another one day, no doubt about it.
That is high praise coming from you. I like the sleek look of the C5Z. Would appreciate your advice on recommended mods at some point.

Users who are viewing this thread