The I want it, who has/had

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
OP

I had a Gen1 Raptor, 2013, with the 6.2 motor. Did a few things to it and loved it - except the 5 and half foot bed. It was the deal breaker. I carry a lot of stuff during hunting season and it just wasn't enough room. If I needed to carry a deer in there, I had to find someplace to put all my other stuff. Got stupid money for it and got my current F250.

IMG_20140526_070209.jpg

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Attach0.png
Went from an FBO ST to (eventually) an FBO RS. While it was certainly faster and probably better in every way on paper, it never felt especially exciting to drive. The power delivery was so linear that it was almost boring. It probably ran somewhere in the high 12s, but just never felt all that quick to me especially after second gear. I wouldn’t buy another one, but I also wouldn’t tell someone else not to get one.

Do want (attainable items):
97-01 Viper GTS
2012ish CTS-V sedan
99-04 Saleen S/C
My 96 GT back
That foam injection insulation in my walls and attic
Nicer power amps for my theater
Blow out the ceiling in my garage and make it follow the roofline

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
I’m looking at a 350Z for road race duty. Any input from the collective minds?

Want:
Porsche 911 Carrera S- I did the Porsche Experience over the weekend and holy shit do I want one

Gen V Viper Release Edition- blue w/ white stripes. All the modern niceties and the look of the iconic 96-97 GTS

2001+ C5Z- one of the childhood dream cars.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member

Want:
Porsche 911 Carrera S- I did the Porsche Experience over the weekend and holy shit do I want one

Gen V Viper Release Edition- blue w/ white stripes. All the modern niceties and the look of the iconic 96-97 GTS

350z was one of the most fun cars I ever had… IN COLORADO.

Anywhere else with straight roads. **** that.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member

Want:

For the track car, consider an old boxster s or for a little more an old cayman S… You can get an old boxster s dirt cheap!! I know it’s got the hair dressers car image, but holyshit.. they are beautiful on road courses. A few of my buddies have them and I have done track days with them, (04 boxster S, 09 cayman S, late model cayman GTS) initially I kinda scoffed at them… changed my religion as soon as I got one onto the track and into the corners.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
That foam injection insulation in my walls and attic
Foam injected insulation is the shit and I recommend it to everyone but its only one piece of the puzzle. When we bought our house it still had the original insulation from 1967 in the walls and attic that was pretty much worthless. The windows were from 1967 and turns out were absolutely worthless and the roof was 26 years old and started to leak in random spots and turns out wasnt vented properly at all.

We got the foam injected into all our walls (USA Insulation) and had insulation blown into our attic, it was a dramatic and immediate improvement even in August. That along with replacing the old ass windows with modern ones and roof with a properly ridge vented roof (was only .5", now 1.5") and 100% vented soffits gave us amazing results.

With all our new insulation in the summers the blown in insulation in the attic would heat soak by the end of the day and the ceiling temps would get over 100 by nightfall on the hottest, sunniest days and stay that way for many hours. The venting and soffits fixed that completely, now the ceiling is the same temp as the floor which is approximately whatever the thermostat is set to.

This past Christmas we had some really cold/windy days (-30f) and we actually had sheets of ice form on the insides of some windows. Pulled the trigger and had new windows installed in March. When we had our home energy audit done after the insulation the windows and an air gap from the attic to the basement along a chimney were our only leaks. The exterior walls and outlets were all completely sealed from the foam which apparently is a big deal. I took care of the attic-basement leak and just let the windows ride. We went 4 years like that and Im kicking myself for waiting that long.

Now our AC doesnt ever kick on until after 3p.m. on most days and the house will cool/heat much faster when I change the thermostat and doesnt run constantly anymore. The basement/sublevel are almost just as comfortable as the upstairs now as well. There use to always be a huge temp difference from bottom to top floor (split level house) and that is mostly gone now, looking forward to see how we do this winter.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member

prs97

Established Member
Ditto on wanting a C6 ZR1.

Would not say no to a C6 Z06 either. I think both the LS7 and the LS9 have the cylinder head concerns though?

What I really, REALLY want is more garage space!

Morgan

Established Member
A Lightning is definitely high up on my "piss the wife off" list, its gonna happen eventually lol.

You should probably buy mine then- just finished the build. 2003 with 48k miles, Brembo's, HREs, Roush springs...730whp.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
You should probably buy mine then- just finished the build. 2003 with 48k miles, Brembo's, HREs, Roush springs...730whp.

Ive still got a bathroom and kitchen remodel ahead of me but please send me your "internet friend/established member" price, just dont be mad that I have to wait lol.

TerminatoRS

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
@*Jay* Can I ask your square footage and what it cost you? I was actually going to have that same company come out for an estimate.

Ditto on wanting a C6 ZR1.

Would not say no to a C6 Z06 either. I think both the LS7 and the LS9 have the cylinder head concerns though?
I just rewatched the C6Z review from Savagegeese and they talk to the guys behind the making of the LS7 (not sure of the 9). In a nutshell, they said the valve issue was only with one batch of castings due to a machining tolerance issue and that the internet blew it up (color me shocked) to sound like all LS7s were prone when that wasn’t the case. Take that for what it’s worth I guess. My heads have already been gone through so water under the bridge as far as I’m concerned.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks but I am not looking for collector or investment. I intend to mod it and drive it regularly.
Atta boy!

I had a C5 Z06…a lot of bang for the buck there. Very very fun. Feels like a grown man go-kart. Helluva performer, responds very well to mods. Takes a beating with the best of them. Issues with security VATS system and water leaks are some gremlins that will likely need to be worked out.

D0FDB578-2073-44CE-BF81-FE73E56392BE.jpeg

Last edited:

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member
For the track car, consider an old boxster s or for a little more an old cayman S… You can get an old boxster s dirt cheap!! I know it’s got the hair dressers car image, but holyshit.. they are beautiful on road courses. A few of my buddies have them and I have done track days with them, (04 boxster S, 09 cayman S, late model cayman GTS) initially I kinda scoffed at them… changed my religion as soon as I got one onto the track and into the corners.

I was of the same mindset initially then the Porsche Experience opened my eyes. These things are so fun around the track and I will start looking into the older Boxster/Cayman combo. The 350Z is great because of low cost of entry and the consumables are cheap which is perfect for a novice like me.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
I was of the same mindset initially then the Porsche Experience opened my eyes. These things are so fun around the track and I will start looking into the older Boxster/Cayman combo. The 350Z is great because of low cost of entry and the consumables are cheap which is perfect for a novice like me.
and those 350Z, 370Z’s do quite well at track days too.. I saw a quite a few of those along with your standard fare of miatas and toyota/suburu GR86/BRZ’s…

I found the limit a few times in the boxster S, spun it into the grass once in front of god and everyone.. I never reached the limit in the cayman gts.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
and those 350Z, 370Z’s do quite well at track days too.. I saw a quite a few of those along with your standard fare of miatas and toyota/suburu GR86/BRZ’s…

I found the limit a few times in the boxster S, spun it into the grass once in front of god and everyone.. I never reached the limit in the cayman gts.
Semi-funny story on the 350Z. This guy comes to the track in his and it's gutted. My friend in his Blue GT Bullitt gets his ass handed to him by it. He asked me to handle it and I did easily. Back then I had the 02GT Procharged, built auto with slicks and 4.10 gears. He still to this day talks about that night...haha.

Last edited:

ajaf1656

Established Member
I recently became obsessed with the 718 GT4. Then as soon as I started obsessing over it, they stopped making them. At least I think so. Now you can only get the GT4RS with a faggy automatic. Right when I thought I found a cool somewhat exotic manual transmission car I could lust over.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Ones I wish I had had.....an 04 Lightning, 14 Shelby, C6 ZR1 ....and a Honda RC51. No desire at this point to acquire one. I mean I wouldn't not take one..lol.

View attachment 1816042
View attachment 1816041View attachment 1816040View attachment 1816039

I had a ’14 500… It had all the options minus the glass roof. Hated the ”Ricardos”…. I would not say Im a big guy, but the side bolsters really dug into my lats and made driving for long periods uncomfortable.

Very powerful car bone stock (600 RWHP). Not much will **** with it, even to this day.

Felt kinda mushy even with the SVT Performance pkg… Not a big fan of the way it drove, especially when dogging on it. Felt like it would bite you in the ass, eventually.

Responds incredible to mods, but its a double edged sword. I would definitely not get this car putting down power past the 700 RWHP mark, if you plan on driving it hard, unless you dont mind the VERY expensive bill that will come with that.

Great car, very special. Especially because 99% of people will just look at it like another outdated stang, but car guys will know what it is. Definitely a Gen 2 Terminator.

FF70078A-AA08-482C-BD8C-5FEB70043D3E.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread