The HARD TRUTH about EVs

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
What I'm curious of is how are they expecting to build EVs into the future when the batteries require Cobalt and 99% of the world's Cobalt comes from the Congo? We talk about crude oil running out, Cobalt will surely run low or run out much sooner than oil. What happens when China takes control of the Congo as they have been doing all over Africa, or have they wormed their way in there already? Only way for batteries to succeed into the future is by removing the precious metals from them altogether. We're going to strip the Earth of all its precious metals just to waste them on stupid batteries.

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
What I'm curious of is how are they expecting to build EVs into the future when the batteries require Cobalt and 99% of the world's Cobalt comes from the Congo? We talk about crude oil running out, Cobalt will surely run low or run out much sooner than oil. What happens when China takes control of the Congo as they have been doing all over Africa, or have they wormed their way in there already? Only way for batteries to succeed into the future is by removing the precious metals from them altogether. We're going to strip the Earth of all its precious metals just to waste them on stupid batteries.

Some EV manufacturers are already making batteries using iron-phosphate, (LFP) no cobalt or nickel in the battery. Ironically, they are mostly Chinese made

Also, the next generation of LI batteries will
Be solid state, they don’t need cobalt, (or require very little).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Why don’t you have two EVs?

Because my wife wanted an X3? Do you pick out your spouse's vehicle?

The real question comes down to, how many EV owners would still be EV owners if they weren't getting a significant government provided discount?

Probably more than you think, but less than those who have. It's certainly assisted in pushing through 'mass adoption'. But EVs still only account for about 1% of vehicle sales IIRC.

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

Klaus

Established Member
Premium Member
LMFAO

1692226938624.png

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
EV nut jobs claiming the EV's didn't burn on the latest ship fire. Yeah, no, LOL.

And how could a car, even if it didn't burn, that has been filled and covered by the hellish brew of toxic gasses inside the ship for a week! be considered to be in "good condition".

Last edited:

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
German insurance companies supposedly just jacked the price way up for Tesla. Apparently that single stamped unibody and Tesla parts policy aren't a "winner" when it comes time to repair after an accident.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
The EV chimps that think we need to follow China's lead are in for a big surprise.
View attachment 1806086
Just like France.

Every EV purchaser always says "I'm not worried about the battery, I'm going to sell it first."

Just because you pass off the car, doesn't mean it will not need to be done. Someone will have to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread