The HARD TRUTH about EVs

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member
Na. Couldn’t give a shit less about climate change and saving the planet by driving an EV.

I bought a car to DD that does 0-60 in 3.1s, 1/4 mile in 11.5s, brembo brakes on all four corners, and requires essentially no maintenance for ~$46k after the price cut and tax credit.

Tell me a car that offers that performance for that price.

I would have considered the Mach E or lightning but Ford dealers are twats that insist on price gouging every customer and Ford won’t do anything about it. And I’m a Ford shareholder.

0fc9b883c1b338ddc98a79ac7eedfb7be643ac95124997c36b85344ec5e79a89_1.jpg

Rb0891

Established Member
Premium Member
Na. Couldn’t give a shit less about climate change and saving the planet by driving an EV.

I bought a car to DD that does 0-60 in 3.1s, 1/4 mile in 11.5s, brembo brakes on all four corners, and requires essentially no maintenance for ~$46k after the price cut and tax credit.

I would have considered the Mach E or lightning but Ford dealers are twats that insist on price gouging every customer and Ford won’t do anything about it. And I’m a Ford shareholder.
The acceleration coolness goes away after half a dozen hits. Not going to lie though I did some further research a couple days ago given the discounts that just came out.

My neighbor just got rid of his Plaid. Said it was awesome for about a week. Nice car but he has several exotics- Lamborghini, mclaren, etc… so he may have a bit high expectations.

But what do I know, my favorites that I had of all time were my Miata’s. You could drive the shit out of those cars. Felt like 100 when going 60.

MG0h3

Established Member
The acceleration coolness goes away after half a dozen hits. Not going to lie though I did some further research a couple days ago given the discounts that just came out.

My neighbor just got rid of his Plaid. Said it was awesome for about a week. Nice car but he has several exotics- Lamborghini, mclaren, etc… so he may have a bit high expectations.

But what do I know, my favorites that I had of all time were my Miata’s. You could drive the shit out of those cars. Felt like 100 when going 60.

My buddy had one that was 5.0l swapped. I never got a ride in it dang it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I think that electric cars will find a niche eventually, but for now they're a bit of a novelty. The solution I like better is this one: AIR TO FUELS™ Technology | Carbon Engineering

At its core the process combines electricity, water and carbon dioxide from the air into a refinable hydrocarbon stock. Think of it as converting electricity into something you can store in a 55 gallon barrel. So long as the electricity doesn't come from a power plant that produces carbon - wind, solar, hydro or nuclear - the petroleum industry becomes carbon-neutral. I guess we'd have to stop calling gasoline a fossil fuel...

The best part is that we don't need a new supply chain - pipelines and gas stations are all it takes. And, of course, the dependence on gas and oil imported from far away would pretty much disappear.

Relaxed Chaos

Just another Gen X Hero
Established Member
Premium Member

I test drove a model Y dual motor. Sure, it was fast for the first couple blasts. But it was a soulless ride. I had it out for an hour and was tired of it by the end.

Unlike other fast cars I've driven and owned, where the smile never leaves my face and I constantly say "oh... yeah..."

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
This is what SVTP has become. No wonder this place is dead.

Yeah its great. Its also far from dead. Go post your EV on Facebook. You’ll find plenty of transgenders and non-binaries to slurp you up over your new powerwheels.

Gonna be hilarious to come back and re-read threads like this in 10 years and laugh at all the dipshits who bought into the scam that never will be.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Fun thread.

Just ordered a Model 3 Performance on Friday. I’ll be sure to post pics for you guys when it arrives…

You ordered this new?? Did you take a stupid pill before pressing the button?

Every reputable used car company has 50+ model 3's available all day everyday and 2x on Sunday for $40k or less.

A Tesla Model 3 is like the Honda Civic of the EV world. Total throw away vehicle.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

46k my ****in ass lmaoooooooo

What a moron

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
That turd won't break 115mph in the 1/4. A stock mustang GT would butt rape it from a roll with ease.

im no tesla fan boy but lets be realistic here a model 3 performance will destroy a stock GT in the 1/4mi by bus lengths

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
im no tesla fan boy but lets be realistic here a model 3 performance will destroy a stock GT in the 1/4mi by bus lengths

Where did I say mustang was faster in the 1/4? I said a roll.

And no... destroy would not be the key word, even in a 1/4 drag. Beat it? Yes, probably. But at an 11.5 (at best) it is not "destroying" a stock Mustang GT.

Mine bone stock down to the filter went 12.1@116 repeatedly.

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Where did I say mustang was faster in the 1/4? I said a roll.

And no... destroy would not be the key word, even in a 1/4 drag. Beat it? Yes, probably. But at an 11.5 (at best) it is not "destroying" a stock Mustang GT.

Mine bone stock down to the filter went 12.1@116 repeatedly.

Roll racing…when did this turn into SRT4Performance.com?

But since you guys seem to be so interested in my new M3 Performance, which Hertz purchased exactly zero of, you’ll enjoy knowing my VIN was assigned today and it will be delivered between 6-12 FEB.

I know you guys are excited, but you’ll have to wait a couple of weeks to see it.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

But since you guys seem to be so interested in my new M3 Performance, which Hertz purchased exactly zero of, you’ll enjoy knowing my VIN was assigned today and it will be delivered between 6-12 FEB.

I know you guys are excited, but you’ll have to wait a couple of weeks to see it.

No need. Already got pics Star.

1674257639655.jpeg

Tezz500

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
Established Member

Didn’t we stop bragging about high 11second 1/4 mile times back in 2010?

Users who are viewing this thread