The Challenger is BACK.

turbosaleen

Established Member
lol

You claiming it to be non-street legal on a site where 90% of the cars are non-street legal is kinda moot as well... :kaboom:

not relay seing as how that car WONT EVEN HAVE A VIN NUMBER it will have a serial number but no vin it can not even be registered.

dudemang2

Established Member
http://www.speedfactorycars.com/gallery.html

boomco4.jpg

boom1ed6.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
To all of the critics out there, let's remember that this is a car built solely for the track. It is what it is. A stripped down, high powered Challenger that will only see miles 1/4 mile at a time. It's like criticizing the Ford Racing Mustangs. They are what they are. I personally think it is cool that we're going to see these Challengers at tracks all over the country. They will help generate excitement to buy the factory cars. Now we need to have Ford and GM knock off 100 Mustangs and 100 Camaros to wage war. Can you see the Mustang vs. Chevy vs. Challenger events bringing back the factory wars from the late 60s? JMO.

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
You guys are F'n dreaming if you think you (with NHRA license of course) will be able to get one of these for mid 30's. It isn't gonna happen. No dealer will let this go for Msrp.......

i'm not one of those hater but do you really think it's gonna be a $30k car?? even if it is think about the dealer mark up price. Im not in the business of selling cars but something tells me that this car will be over $60K.

oh and btw it IS a 60 k + car guys .. i got a frieng works at a dodge dealer here in san antonio

You guys crack me up. You really think Dodge is going to put all this work into getting NHRA approved cars ready and then let greedy dealers screw it up? LOL Read the actual press release, these cars will be sold direct from Dodge through a toll free line, dealers aren't going to have anything to do with selling these cars, except maybe for delivery.

And I love how everyone was bitching that it was over 4k lbs and now that they've stripped one down and set it up for racing, you're all bitching that it's stripped down. But if they had slapped a famous racer's name on it and charged $70-80k, you guys would be all over it. :rollseyes

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
You guys crack me up. You really think Dodge is going to put all this work into getting NHRA approved cars ready and then let greedy dealers screw it up? LOL Read the actual press release, these cars will be sold direct from Dodge through a toll free line, dealers aren't going to have anything to do with selling these cars, except maybe for delivery.

And I love how everyone was bitching that it was over 4k lbs and now that they've stripped one down and set it up for racing, you're all bitching that it's stripped down. But if they had slapped a famous racer's name on it and charged $70-80k, you guys would be all over it. :rollseyes

so true..:beer:

FineLineMtrSprt

I like bacon!
Established Member
Again, read. The car starts in the low 30's

Starts yes..but still even 30k to start with is a lil much as far as im concerned.

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
i'm not one of those hater but do you really think it's gonna be a $30k car?? even if it is think about the dealer mark up price. Im not in the business of selling cars but something tells me that this car will be over $60K.

It doesn't really matter what they actually sell for, because the car companies have ZERO control over that. It will be sold like they do the Viper competition coupes, directly from the factory. That would avoid any markups.

The fact is, the factory is selling a drag race prepped car to the public that will pass all NHRA safety requirements for a very reasonable price. Sure, you could make a GT500 run as fast, but it would in no way qualify (from a safety standpoint) for the class this car will race in. You'd have to take a blow torch, welder, and saw zaw to the GT500 to get it up to race spec.

I'm still trying to understand how some of you feel that a race car offered directly from the factory is a bad thing.:shrug:

Last edited:

turbosaleen

Established Member

yes I do just like ford allowed wit the gt-500 the gt super car chevy did with the zr-1 and z-06 and dodge did with each new viper ..

its a fact of life dealers set the final price NOT dodge so unless you are willing to pay the dealers premium good luck.

the only way to avoid that is if they sell them direct from dodge to the end user and that they make the end user be a nhra liscneced driver even if you pick it up at a dodge dealer i gaurentee you that dealer can and will charge you a "destination fee"

btw by striped down you have any clue what they did to get 1k pounds off it ? TRY all fiberglass body panels on the front end hole sawed all over etc.

and i dont bracket race so the cars dont appeal to me at all.. they are to slow for any class you may run them in unless your bracket racing.

Last edited:

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The Mustang FR500 series race cars aren't street legal either, and those are even more expensive :shrug:

AllVenom

Established Member
Its actually flattering that Dodge and GM alike copied Ford's concept of the retro looking cars. I never liked the old Challengers but this is pretty sweet to see an auto maker taking some risks in the era of $4/gallon gas. I have a feeling we won't see much more of this in the coming years as fuel will undoubtedly reach $5-6 a gallon.

Arguing about a Dodge car on a strictly Ford site is pointless really. Like CobraBob said, it is what it is. Give it some props and move on. All I have to say is, what's next? :)

aoc racer

Ford is hella cool
Established Member

you sound really passionate about this car, will you be a future owner of this vehicle? if so i'll see at the track and only at the track. :rolling:

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
If you've even touched your cats, there is a very high chance that your very own "street" car is not even legal.

Yes, but they can still be registered to be driven on the street. This RACE CAR can't even be registered. I think it's okay, but since it's not street legal makes it a lot less impressive. Also, who cares what MSRP will be, with production #s like that it will be double or triple that price to buy.

firebird1999us

Established Member

*COUGH*everything Saleen Makes*COUGH*

:p

bad360rt

slo truk
Established Member
yes I do just like ford allowed wit the gt-500 the gt super car chevy did with the zr-1 and z-06 and dodge did with each new viper ..

its a fact of life dealers set the final price NOT dodge so unless you are willing to pay the dealers premium good luck.

the only way to avoid that is if they sell them direct from dodge to the end user and that they make the end user be a nhra liscneced driver even if you pick it up at a dodge dealer i gaurentee you that dealer can and will charge you a "destination fee"

btw by striped down you have any clue what they did to get 1k pounds off it ? TRY all fiberglass body panels on the front end hole sawed all over etc.

and i dont bracket race so the cars dont appeal to me at all.. they are to slow for any class you may run them in unless your bracket racing.

Read my post again, they will be sold direct from Dodge.

What's wrong with fiberglass panels, or reducing weight in non load bearing areas? This is a factory built car, not some redneck in his garage with a sawzall.

you sound really passionate about this car, will you be a future owner of this vehicle? if so i'll see at the track and only at the track. :rolling:

I'll probably pick up a six speed R/T, but not a drag pack car. I don't run any classes, just for fun, and that's what I have the truck for. A Challenger would make a nice cruiser, drop it a lil, set of wheels, minor mods and keep the warranty. :thumbsup:

mr2cam

Established Member
If im gonna pay $30K+ for a gutted out drag car it better be trapping more then ****ing 121mph..

Users who are viewing this thread