The authorized "Reasons why LFP SUCKS or is Awesome" thread!"

pixlix

Established Member
I called to order a shim kit and received it within 2 days no trouble whatsoever , thats my experience with them

04SolidSnake

Canadian Snake
Established Member
I bought their IC reservoir tank, and DP heat exchanger about 4 years ago, and I haven't had an issue with either one, the parts arrived quickly and were not missing any bits..

I haven't ordered anything from them since, but my experience wasn't poor in any respect. Some of their practices of "borrowing" others designs is sketchy, but should that not be protected through copy rights and patents?

hinds04

Established Member
I bought 60lb injectors which were fine. However a 4lb pulley I got from them is not balanced right (you can see it jumping out while it spins) and a BAP I got from them had a broken wire on the inside which had to be fixed. Price seems good (wonder why lol). Never had a problem with charges or shipping. Wont order from them again...

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
The way I see it, there are some good vendors with decent prices (not the lowest, but decent) and great customer service. When I buy from them, I know it will turn out good, I'll get what I ordered and it will be delivered when they say it will. And if it's not right, they will make it right.

So I decided to stay away from questionable vendors and stay with the ones who are honest and upfront about availability. If I want to gamble, I'll go to Las Vegas where I know what the odds are. No need to play credit card roulette with car parts.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Some of their practices of "borrowing" others designs is sketchy, but should that not be protected through copy rights and patents?

Just to be clear, patents are incredibly expensive and the sales volume has to be sufficient to provide enough profit to justify it's expense.

People should be aware that LFP is not just ripping off Ray when they sell you a boost overlay, they are ripping YOU and every other OVERLAY customer.

Because... they see a photo of Ray's overlay with the correct FONT, yet they get a cheap overlay that does NOT HAVE THE CORRECT FONT!

You don't get what you see!:nonono::bash::cuss::fm:

Last edited:

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've placed a few orders with them in the past and never had issues.

Although I also spent about $6k with RPMOutlet years ago and never had issues either. :shrug:

That being said I don't order from either these days, as I'm not willing to go through a headache just for fun.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Just to be clear, patents are incredibly expensive and the sales volume has to be sufficient to provide enough profit to justify it's expense.

People should be aware that LFP is not just ripping off Ray when they sell you a boost overlay, they are ripping YOU and every other OVERLAY customer.

Because... they see a photo of Ray's overlay with the correct FONT, yet they get a cheap overlay that does NOT HAVE THE CORRECT FONT!

You don't get what you see!:nonono::bash::cuss::fm:

Well said Jimmy. For this reason alone I would NEVER buy from them and would NEVER recommend them. I would much more prefer to buy from a company with integrity and solid customer service. JMO.

Blk04Snake

Established Member
Regardless of how fast/slow LFP is or the quality or lack there of, of there products or if there customer service sucks or not ask yourselves these questions.

Does a company that deliberately ripps off unsuspecting customers by showing a picture of my original Hilton Boost Overlay (stolen and used without my permission and despite my requests and demands to stop) and then sends something inferior (their own POS) once they get your money, deserve your business? That is really what is at issue here IMHO.

Ray H.

THIS^^ right here is why I will never buy anything from LFP. Then seeing them charge a big pile of $$ for HE stencils? I blew up a SVT logo, printed it, cut out the letters and made my own for about 5 cents!

Zacharyx

Established Member
My LFP radiator leaked after 3 years.
Should have just bought the real Fluidyne instead of the LFP knock off.

The LFP dual pass H/E is however still holding fluid fine.

That's funny my Fluidyne leaked, as did my mishimoto and if you pull the badging off I could not tell the difference between them.

AKcobra

Established Member
When I ordered me Heat Exchanger it took a little over a month to get it. Customer Service was terrible and I was never offered any kind of compensation, gift certificate, postage savings, or even a sorry. First and last time dealing with LFP.

timspony

TVS Powered
Established Member
I purchased my Bassani X pipe from them years ago ... no problems!!! ....Because of the Ray issue, I will no longer order from them!!

Satyr

Established Member
I've ordered 3 BAPs, 3 sets of 60# injectors, a MAF.ia, IC tank, HE, SBTB and a number of pulleys/plugs/belts from them over the years. I never had a problem with any order. I haven't ordered anything from them in a while, though.

I know that what they have done to Ray and some other vendors/fabricators is shotty, but some of their parts can be had at a great savings. Sure, you get what you pay for, but I have used many of their branded parts without problem, minus a TB that needed a little sanding to stop from sticking. Would I recommend them? No. Would I shop with them again? Maybe. I try to get everything I can through LP and AM, but if they don't have it or if it's a lot cheaper at LFP, then that's where I would probably go.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I ordered a set of clear idler pullies and a 4 lb lower from them through their website. Best prices I could find so I figured it was a no-brainer. Well after several weeks with no parts, I called them......and called.....and called.....and called. No one would ever answer, and the voicemail was always unable to accept messages.

I finally got through to a live person one day. He told me that the pullies were just getting finished up being made. Would have been nice if they had told me that. Then he confirmed with me that I wanted the clear/aluminum pullies. When I finally received the parts, sure enough there was a black pulley set in the box, and no bracket for the supercharger tensioner pulley.

I didn't even call back to complain. Needless to say, that was my first and last deal with LFP.

lxhatch302

Established Member
I like how LFP is selling "Whipple" Pulleys for $60 less than whipple does...and they claim theyre are a whipple pulley but the engraving is different from what they etch on theirs

346CamaroSS

Established Member
When I ordered me Heat Exchanger it took a little over a month to get it. Customer Service was terrible and I was never offered any kind of compensation, gift certificate, postage savings, or even a sorry. First and last time dealing with LFP.

This is why I feel satisified with the +100$ I just spent on the Gords. I paid for the item and got gauranteed the HE will be on my doorstep next Wednesday at the latest.

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
i bought my 63 lbs injectors from them and a couple of other misc parts with no issues.

but i am skeptical from using him again because of all the negative feedback ive read on here.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I like how LFP is selling "Whipple" Pulleys for $60 less than whipple does...and they claim theyre are a whipple pulley but the engraving is different from what they etch on theirs

Well, I'm not sure what you are getting at, but I bought one, and it is excellent quality that looks as though it was made by, or for Whipple.:??:

Users who are viewing this thread