The authorized "Reasons why LFP SUCKS or is Awesome" thread!"

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Here is where you can post about LFP (Lightning Force Performance) experiences. Feel free to post both positive and negative if you feel so inclined.

They were a well respected paying vendor for many years here at SVTP, that was Terminated as an authorized vendor due to too many customer service issues and the obvious copying and ripping off of the HILTON BOOST OVERLAY and a few other products.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...-ive-been-ripped-off-dont-you-fooled-too.html
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...st-overlay-vs-lfp-finally-little-justice.html

I have removed a few "LFP IS AWESOME" threads and will remove more if I(or other mods) decide they are nothing more than an unpaid advertisement for a vendor that has definitely done a few too many people wrong.
The primary reason for my thread is to protect our members from possible bad experiences, more than it is anything related to not getting paid by them.
overlayscompared_small.jpg

Just so everyone knows, LFP is no longer an SVTP vendor.
12/23/2009---/\
Ray hit the nail on the head when he described the real problem being that it appears LFP is using his photos without his consent to sell a product that is not displayed in those photos. This would actually be two separate problems. First was the misappropriation of the photos. That in and of itself is a serious legal issue, and this is not the first time that LFP has done that. The second issue is the bait and switch that is being pulled on the customers who may see the photos and believe the product they are ordering is the one produced by Ray.

Over the years there have been many complaints about problems with LFP. Often they would make the problems right or offer an explanation about what happened. In my opinion most of the issues they have been experience stem from being undermanned in the customer service department. I know an issue really exists when I, someone that does a lot of business in this industry, have trouble getting a call or email answered.

That all brings us to where we are currently. A few weeks ago Ray came to me seeking help/advice with the details of what you have read in this thread. I gave him my opinion on the situation and it appears that he has taken some of the advice that was given. We have removed LFP as an SVTP vendor. Though LFP has fixed many of its issues in the past you really get tired of hearing about the same thing over and over again. You can only hear “sorry” so many times. LFP’s vendor fees had come due during this latest situation and Mark had stated that they wish to continue on as vendors on the site. However, as more information came to light I though it would be in everyone’s best interest if we did not allow them to renew their contract with SVTP. I hope everyone can learn from this and that LFP can use this experience to improve its business practices.
01/01/2010---/\

Last edited:

Zacharyx

Established Member
I haven't had an issue with LFP yet, I have installed their parts on many friends cars and have yet to have an issue. I know a good bit of the LFP parts are copies of other companies products but this is nothing new in our hobby. I have more issues from UPR than LFP. I don't run anything LFP on my car atm but would not count them out if I was looking for something they produce

stal94gt

Established Member
I have done business with lfp in the past and his prices are good. Shipping was hit or miss a couple of years ago. Now I make sure any part I buy from him is factory direct or its in stock.

I've purchased products from them in the past and have had a good experience. But that was almost 3 years ago. I'm not sure I feel confident buying from them now as it appears things have changed with them.

TRBO VNM

IMO, based on what they have done to so many, they should not be granted the luxury of having a thread about their business even though it is positive and negative. But that is just me.

My experience, have bought from them before I opened my own thing and parts were not complete and was never sent the missing parts. Yes, they were contacted a few times.

Just had a friend buy an intercooler from them. He was charged three times. Finally was credited back one charge and ended up recieving two intercoolers and had issues trying to return one. So he is stuck now trying to sell the second at reduced price.

Sonic605hp

Resident Prick.
Established Member
IMO, based on what they have done to so many, they should not be granted the luxury of having a thread about their business even though it is positive and negative. But that is just me.

My experience, have bought from them before I opened my own thing and parts were not complete and was never sent the missing parts. Yes, they were contacted a few times.

Just had a friend buy an intercooler from them. He was charged three times. Finally was credited back one charge and ended up recieving two intercoolers and had issues trying to return one. So he is stuck now trying to sell the second at reduced price.

Wow. I'd send them a ****ing pipe bomb if they did that to me.:fm:

arodsvt

C Quema
Established Member
lfp sucks

Ordered tank never received, waited 3.5 weeks for shipped item never arrived...customer. service sucks...finally month later I got my refund. Never doing business with them. Lethal perf or AM are ur best bet.

Ironhand

Banned
I bought one part from them a long time ago. Took 3 days longer to get to me then what I was told. Between that and ripping Ray Hilton off, I wouldnt buy toilet paper to wipe my ass with from them.

skratpiece

Established Member
I purchased the LFP radiator for my 04 Cobra and back to back units failed. The original leaked, replaced it. Replacement leaked. Sent it back for a refund and bought Mishimoto and haven't had a problem. Heat exchanger is still holding up well.

black 10th vert

Established Member
I have never dealt with them directly until about a month ago. I had read all of the bad press, so I have given all of my business to our other fine vendors prior to this. When I bought my Whipple, the pulley was damaged in shipment, and the guy I bought it from didn't insure it, even though he was supposed to. I was forced to order a replacement pulley asap, and found a super deal from LFP on ebay where I was able to procure a brand new, genuine Whipple "bling style" 3.0" pulley for $89.95 to my door. I rolled the dice since many people on here were selling used pulleys for more than that! It arrived well within a week of ordering it, and was perfect. Would I buy from them again? Maybe, but I generally deal with the better vendors here whenever possible, this was one of those situations where they happened to have exactly what I needed for a better price than I could get elsewhere, and since it was an unexpected expense, I needed to keep the cost as low as possible.

DevilSun

Established Member
I have not good or bad to say about them. My only interaction was the purchase of my new radiator from them, got it very quickly considering they had to have a new batch made. Haven't even dyno'd the car, but the radiator is fine ... for now. Keeping my fingers crossed, it looked nice and really well put together but it's usually not the visible welds that have problems.

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
I havent dealt with them recently, but I have a LFP heat exchanger still going strong and found a smoking deal on FPW hood vents on ebay and have them in no time. I have stayed away because of this site.

Ray Hilton

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Regardless of how fast/slow LFP is or the quality or lack there of, of there products or if there customer service sucks or not ask yourselves these questions.

Does a company that deliberately ripps off unsuspecting customers by showing a picture of my original Hilton Boost Overlay (stolen and used without my permission and despite my requests and demands to stop) and then sends something inferior (their own POS) once they get your money, deserve your business? That is really what is at issue here IMHO.

Ray H.

03 Indy Cobra

Established Member
I would never buy anything from them just because of what they did to Ray. Nevermind there bad customer service. Good thing for SVTP to warn everyone about things like this.

Users who are viewing this thread