The 98 Terminator!

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Engine bay is all done now to throw the motor in there

esy5e8yh.jpg

crazycarlo

Established Member
Looks good man, what hood you running. If its stock your going to need a 2.8 or smaller I upper pulley. The motor is going to look good in your car. I can't wait until mine is done being tuned and done.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Oh yea that's good to know the pulley that's on there now is a 2.96. Do you think the saleen S351 hood will work? Because I know someone who has one for cheap. Also what's the stock size blower pulley? The thing I'm worried about mostly is the heat exchanger mounting and plumbing. If anyone could throw in there 2 cents about how to mount it that would be great.

Quick96Mystic

Mystiiiiic wowww
Established Member
Oh yea that's good to know the pulley that's on there now is a 2.96. Do you think the saleen S351 hood will work? Because I know someone who has one for cheap. Also what's the stock size blower pulley? The thing I'm worried about mostly is the heat exchanger mounting and plumbing. If anyone could throw in there 2 cents about how to mount it that would be great.

Saleen heat extractor hood should clear, it has a rise on it to clear the 1"taller deck height of a 351. If it doesn't clear, there's always the option of getting 1/2" k-member spacers

K-Member Spacer Kit, 1/2 thick [MMKM-21] : Maximum Motorsports, the Latemodel Mustang Performance Suspension Leader!

rdsnk46

Established Member
I did this swap in 2005 used the stock hood, my car is now running 9's with a KB 2.8 LC, 6 speed and a drag radial. Pm me with any questions.

lrgDSC_11302.jpg

lrgDSC_11272.jpg

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
Looks like a good start.
My swap went like this
complete 04 engine-4500.00
used whipple 2.3-2400.00
Glens sleeper fuel system-1400.00
built 4r70w 2200.00
precision industries converter-1200.00
miscellaneous was about 1500.00

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Installed the CC plates and messed around with some more wiring. Still waiting for some parts should be getting the hydro boost master cylinder and pedal assembly here soon. Then I could put the motor in.

redumu7u.jpg

Last edited:

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Hopefully throw the motor in tomorrow only thing I need to do is drill the holes for the cross member. Master cylinder ain't coming till Thursday so EFFF that I can't wait that long. If I need to I will just unbolt the K member and lower the motor. Here's a good write up that I been following if anyone else is interested. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bmSV2EZLavcGfLIvXO6YNjfoG-vHhhfANqyQig8D4Y0/mobilebasic

I just received my bbk o/r H pipe.

jepugyra.jpg

Last edited:

wildman97

Established Member
I love seeing builds like this. I'm not to far from you I may need your help if the wife ever signs off on spending that much.

Good luck and enjoy.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Only cut we made was for the air idle bypass when I had the eaton/spray combo. Since I've used a custom made 3/4 inch K-member spacer kit to fit the 2.3 Whipple and now the 2.8 KB. I'm limited to max diameter of 3 inch on my upper pulley. I alternate my Metco lower to change boost, I really made as much as I could and left the lower alone! LOL!

Good luck and keep the progress going!

Andy

Last edited:

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Only cut we made was for the air idle bypass when I had the eaton/spray combo. Since I've used a custom made 3/4 inch K-member spacer kit to fit the 2.3 Whipple and now the 2.8 KB. I'm limited to max diameter of 3 inch on my upper pulley. I alternate my Metco lower to change boost, I really made as much as I could and left the lower alone! LOL!

Good luck and keep the progress going!

Andy

How did you mount your heat exchanger in the front bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread