The 98 Terminator!

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Well I guess I'll start the build thread here. I been working on this thing day and night and its coming along pretty good. The job is really not that bad just very time consuming here's some pics. I'll try to explain all the wiring bugs the best I can.
5ahyta5a.jpg

^^ this is what I ordered from sonicsaleen everything came great prior to getting this I already gutted the car and got rid of the old motor.
uraneqer.jpg

So far with the wiring the body harness is the same length and the dash harness too. A couple things that I found out is the plugs for the windows and door locks is different. The plug for the master cylinder is different too. But what's nice ice the inner cooler pump bolts up where the smog pump goes. Also the evap stuff gets deleted.
e2aga9a7.jpg

I'll keep you guys posted as I go along here's some parts that I bought. I should be getting my K member and Aarms today.
utu2u2eg.jpg

krawlin88

Established Member
If you dont mind me askn what's the whole swap run?? I have up for sale currently a 1998 Cobra that Im gettn rid of for a 03 04 terminator???

crazycarlo

Established Member
Depends on how much u can get the parts for. You can find the drivetrain for less then $7k and I've seen donar cars for a little more then that.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Mine, there are a few who have done thre swap..

IMG_0400_zpse90539ab.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Looks really nice, did you do it yourself?

What I meant was I couldn't find anyone that did the whole swap. People still use 98 cobra wiring and computer. I'm swapping all of the wiring over to 03. I know there's plenty of people that done the swap but some still left the coil packs and I think that looks ugly.

Last edited:

Chirp5957

Established Member
nice, dealing with a swapped 96 cobra that was totaled....had to put a front end back together, without ever driving it I took it down to get tuned as it was running very lean on the A/F gauge. just found out today that there is major wiring issues in the car, cannot overwrite the SCT tune in it (thinks there is a corrupt file.)

krawlin88, I bought the whole car with motor tranny ect for 5500, and really don't need to replace any body parts, maybe a bumper.

crazycarlo

Established Member
I did the whole swap myself including assembling the short block. It's basically just an 03 short block and other stuff pieced together. 98 wiring, and fuel setup.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Yeah well if u use the 03 compute you have to change the dash harness since u have to use the 03 gauges. I kept my 98 ecu and all the wiring. There was minimal modifications needed and I did it to save money honestly. Same reason I never switched to. T-56. I liked the way my T-45 shifted And I planned on building it.

heavychevy

Established Member
That's what I mean every wire in the car now is from an 03. Not everyone does the whole swap.

I want to do this to my BAB also! Looking forward to your thread. I am definitely interested in how the dash/ac control/radio/fuse box etc wiring is swapped out. :banana:

Users who are viewing this thread