Established Member
taking her out for a cruise..:rockon:

23k5h61.jpg

33ndfn4.jpg

o9lh8z.jpg

negk0k.jpg

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
just the exhaust, magnaflows. sounds ok I think it's still a little too loud but definitely a lot better than what I had before.

mwolson

Gray beard
Established Member
That's at WOT. At idle and part throttle you want to see around 14.64. (I assume you are running gasoline. Other fuels will be different.)

The trick in WOT tuning is to find the right combination of spark advance and mixture. Some engines (such as mine) are happier a little leaner with a little less spark advance. Mine is puts out better power with no detonation at 12.5 with less spark advance than yours will be running.

11 - 11.5 is where I initially target the AFR. I advance the spark as much as possible to see where the power maxes out without detonation. Then I reduce spark advance and decrease the AFR to see if it gets better or worse. At the end, I back off 2* of advance as a safety margin against detonation.

TERMINATED97

Established Member
Looks good man, what hood you running. If its stock your going to need a 2.8 or smaller I upper pulley. The motor is going to look good in your car. I can't wait until mine is done being tuned and done.

I had a 2.90 pulley on mine with the stock hood, stock k member and motor mounts.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
That's at WOT. At idle and part throttle you want to see around 14.64. (I assume you are running gasoline. Other fuels will be different.)

The trick in WOT tuning is to find the right combination of spark advance and mixture. Some engines (such as mine) are happier a little leaner with a little less spark advance. Mine is puts out better power with no detonation at 12.5 with less spark advance than yours will be running.

11 - 11.5 is where I initially target the AFR. I advance the spark as much as possible to see where the power maxes out without detonation. Then I reduce spark advance and decrease the AFR to see if it gets better or worse. At the end, I back off 2* of advance as a safety margin against detonation.

And you could do all that via sct handheld?

Users who are viewing this thread