The 98 Terminator!

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Nice job! You got this done faster than some take to change spark plugs.

Not bad for doing it all by myself most shops would take two weeks min. to do this swap it took me about ten to twelve days. Then again a shop doesn't work 24/7.

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
Congrats man :beer::beer:, damn that was quick you need to come to el paso and help me out LOL

If your going to do the swap yourself one thing I would do is make sure you get not only the motor/trans, harnesses, fuel tank/pumps. Also get steering rack and lines, hydro boost with the pedal assembly and take your time don't cut corners. One thing I got was the tubular K member and arms you don't need it but I would recommend it. Not only would you save weight but its a lot easier to work on the headers and the starter stuff like that. Also where the hydro boost assy. goes thru the fire wall I had to take a die grinder and make the whole a lot bigger.

PACIFICGREENSVT

Established Member
You can have a custom hydro boost line made up & avoid all of that.
IMAG0210.jpg

heavychevy

Established Member
Did the 03/04 dash harness hook up to the 98 Dash stuff (AC/Heat/Radio/etc)? Hopefully you'll do a nice write up when you have some time!

redrocket16

Established Member
Dont be jelly.. I got more.. Looks good i always like to see what this stuff is getting installed in.

I know I have talked to you Eric before but is there a way to know what you have available? I know you put alot of them on Ebay but at the moment all I saw was a setup with a Whipple on it. Any others closer to stock with lower miles?

stanggirl14

Established Member
This is awesome, I'm collecting the swap parts for my 96 and debating on whether to do the full swap with wiring and everything or do it like Carlo did and and keep most of my original wiring to keep the cost down. :banana:

Last edited:

98SaleenSnake

Established Member
This is awesome, I'm collecting the swap parts for my 96 and debating on whether to do the full swap with wiring and everything or do it like Carlo did and and keep most of my original wiring to keep the cost down. :banana:

I would say do all the wiring. Wiring is the easy part.

Users who are viewing this thread