Teenager falls to his death on amusement park ride

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought I read they actually transported him to the hospital before finally succumbed. That would mean he had a pulse still when medical arrived.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought I read they actually transported him to the hospital before finally succumbed. That would mean he had a pulse still when medical arrived.
The situation was probably different than what you read. That impact was unsurvivable and the paramedics would have known the apparent injuries they saw were not life sustainable. There are a few reasons why he would have been transported, one of which is he had a pulse, which I highly doubt. The second is it’s protocol to transport under certain conditions. A third could have been the visual of leaving a dead body on the ground in an amusement park for hours while an investigation is being conducted would have been bad.
My opinion is the poor kid was DRT when he hit the ground.

Last edited:

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
I’ve seen a lot of sick videos and this one was tough to watch. Fat people shouldnt be allowed on rides.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Just horrible, doesn’t appear he was securely fastened in when the ride came down and he slid out of his seat. These places have minimum wage teenagers checking for safety restraints. There’s a video of people questioning if they are secured properly then a video of the actual incident. I’ll refrain from posting them here.

Many amusement park accidents/deaths have occurred because teens have been the ones operating rides and/or being the ones who determine people are safely fastened. Either way the negligence is astounding.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Almost happened to me one time in the Superman Ride in Six Flags when it first opened. The lever holder went up on my seat seconds before the ride left, this was after it was "inspected". Back then, they didnt have any seat belts on the ride either. I still go to rollercoaster rides to this day.

There's a higher chance of getting killed just by driving home from work. When its your time, its your time.

supercharged91m

Local 46
Established Member
Premium Member
What a shitty way to go out. I mean I do agree a lot of those places they have teenagers running things that barley know there head from there ass just saying

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This was on the local news this morning. I think it was a pretty new ride. Sucker was 400' high IIRC.
Highest ride of this type in the world, from what I read. Imagine the sheer terror of any kid near him who saw him slip out. Wow! And those at ground zero when he hit. Those are memories/thoughts that cannot easily be erased, as much as you'd want them to be.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Highest ride of this type in the world, from what I read. Imagine the sheer terror of any kid near him who saw him slip out. Wow! And those at ground zero when he hit. Those are memories/thoughts that cannot easily be erased, as much as you'd want them to be.
Yeah that’s pretty much a never forget thing.

This sounds morbid but does anyone have a link to the video? The one I saw cut off when you see him leave the ride.
RIP.
And man that’s the biggest 14y/o I’ve seen!
Sad deal.
-J

SHOdown220

Established Member
If you must watch the video the (blurred) video that I came across was on instagram under a page name PPV_TAHOE. He posts a lot of news/crime videos.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
OMFG.. He knew and felt nothing.... He literally slid out of the seat at about 140ish feet up and face first. Instantly went

My94GT

Established Member
When I highsided my R1 and was flying through the air my brain went into ****ing overload. Wasn’t really scared and felt everything. But it didn’t hurt when I hit the ground, slid, hit the curb head (side) first, then shoulder, flipping again into the air, and finally coming to stop in dirt. Shit was crazy.

Edit: he probably didn’t even fully realize what was about to happen since he was expecting to be in free fall.
Have to agree, I doubt he really was able to compute what was happening. My first wreck on my R6 at the track was a high speed low slide but I slid across the track and heels caught grip, stood me up and smacked me face first down. Split my helmet but all I remember was yelling the F word a bunch of times.

Another event later in time I flipped a car and I don’t remember anything coming to mind just a pure slow down and my only thoughts were ways to control the car, next thing I knew I was hanging upside down.

Either event could have been a lights out moment and I’d likely haven’t even been aware of the events in true speed.

Sucks none the less for the kid and this is a main reason I refuse to ride these shoddy rides with cheap labor managing safety. I’ll take my chances with stuff that at least gives me the illusion I’m in control.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Curious "what" data companies use to insure these rides.

Should be able to recreate the event pretty easily.

Just because his shoulder harness was riding high, doesn't mean that was the cause.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Man, I guess I will say thanks for that link but it was tough to watch.
I actually watched it with my 8 y/o son after I screened it as a way to educate him in several ways.
Not that it really mattered but I’m shocked more people didn’t jump to his aid.
Again, RIP and thoughts/prayers to that family.
-J

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yeah that’s pretty much a never forget thing.

This sounds morbid but does anyone have a link to the video? The one I saw cut off when you see him leave the ride.
RIP.
And man that’s the biggest 14y/o I’ve seen!
Sad deal.
-J
6'6" 280lbs.

Insane. St. Louis, MO kid.

Sent from my Potato

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
Amusement parks dont want people “dying” on their property so they always “die” at the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread