Teenager falls to his death on amusement park ride

Reaper14

Established Member
I clicked on link but didnt work. Copy & pasted but took me to other non related links. Was also trying to watch it to show my son. Dont like morbid vids but sometimes it helps to keep you on your toes.

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting will be a few things:

1.) Did the safety equipment malfunction.
2.) Was the safety harness not properly secured before the ride started.
3.) Any criminal charges.
4.) Who checked the teenage boy.
5.) How much is the lawsuit.
6.) Will the park stay open.

Reaper14

Established Member
Same goes for many plants. They pay the news to downplay. We lost a guy at my last job. Our meetings talked to the rest & told him he had an accident. As a maint tech we would be the 1st they call for accidents being we had the tools to get them out or know how on how to disable the equipment. The poor kid was dismembered into pieces. The "accident" could of been avoided in many ways. Was partly his fault. Its the way they handled after it that made it more horrible. One of the supervisors wanted to just wash away the blood & parts like a regular piece of cattle & turn the production chain back on. Its just blood he said. The guy had just had a new born with his wife. The plant couldnt give 2 shits about it. Was an easy decision to leave that place when they implemented the vax roll out. A few of the superintendents couldnt even look at us in the eye after that. We had a fix for the issue, but were never allowed to install the fix.
Amusement parks dont want people “dying” on their property so they always “die” at the hospital.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Sent from my SM-G973U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Horrible for the family and anyone that witnessed it first hand. They didn't have the luxury that I have to choose not to watch it, which I definitely will not be doing.

quad

Established Member
I saw this yesterday. Really bad and sorry for the kid. It sounded like a wet towel when he hit the pavement. Final Fantasy shit.

The operators should have gone and checked that everyone was secure. It did not look like they did. Also isn't there a weight limit on those rides. If the kid was 330 lbs that sounds like a bit much.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
I believe I can fly. I believe I can touch the sky....

Too soon?

Sent from my SM-G986U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Not too soon for SVTP. Tbh I can’t believe it’s gone for this long without something similar to the following being posted.
1648336193283.gif
1648336193283.gif

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought he fell from the very top of the ride, he fell out when the ride was stopping itself on the way to the ground. Literally just slid right out of the bottom of the harness

I’m wondering if he wasn’t strapped in properly because of his size.

olympic

Established Member
The seats tilt forward before the drop from the top so the only thing holding you in the seat is the upper restraint. Gravity would pull anyone of any size out of the seat if the upper restraint fails to do it's job. You can see at the beginning of the video how tight the upper restrain fits around the riders legs, chest and stomach once it's fully closed. You can also clearly see that the victims restraint is not closed fully due to the size of his legs and upper body.

The rides safety mechanism either failed completely or was not sensitive enough to detect the problem with the victims restraint. Also, the red-shirt guy operating the ride wasn't the one responsible for checking everyone. At the 30 second mark of the video, a guy in a blue jacket walks from the opposite side of the ride, right past the victim and then past the camera. I'm fairly certain this is the guy responsible for checking all the restraints before the ride lifts off.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
Horrible for the family and anyone that witnessed it first hand. They didn't have the luxury that I have to choose not to watch it, which I definitely will not be doing.
By all standards, it wasn't bad at all. You probably saw worse on some of those 9/11 programs. Considering all of the gory things I have seen online (a few IRL), this was like comparing a Jalapeno with a Carolina reaper IMO.

Mpoitrast87

Established Member
By all standards, it wasn't bad at all. You probably saw worse on some of those 9/11 programs. Considering all of the gory things I have seen online (a few IRL), this was like comparing a Jalapeno with a Carolina reaper IMO.
Idk if it’s just the circumstance that it was a kid just having fun that made it difficult. But I’ve watched ISIS be-headings and I found this tougher to watch.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
If it gives anyone a bit of console, by the time the kid had a chance to process what happened, it was all over. It’s a devastating situation for family and onlookers, but the victim didn’t really know or feel anything because of how fast it happened.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Interesting will be a few things:

1.) Did the safety equipment malfunction.
2.) Was the safety harness not properly secured before the ride started.
3.) Any criminal charges.
4.) Who checked the teenage boy.
5.) How much is the lawsuit.
6.) Will the park stay open.
My father obviously won’t see the lawsuit stuff but he should have access to root cause analysis through the safety/inspection association. It almost always comes down to human error but I’ll be interested to know what he finds

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
If it gives anyone a bit of console, by the time the kid had a chance to process what happened, it was all over. It’s a devastating situation for family and onlookers, but the victim didn’t really know or feel anything because of how fast it happened.
Who told you this?

1648349265027.png

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This is a clip from Fox News. Can anyone explain why they'd retain a civil rights lawyer?

The family of Sampson has retained civil rights lawyer Ben Crump and personal injury attorney Bob Hilliard to represent them, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Personal injury lawyer and former U.S. Attorney Neama Rahmani told Fox News Digital that ICON Park will "absolutely" be held liable in the incident which led to Sampson's death.

"Absolutely, they're going to be held liable. No Question," Rahmani said.

Rahmani said that the amusement park has a responsibility to keep their rides safe, and added that this case deals with a minor.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
This is a clip from Fox News. Can anyone explain why they'd retain a civil rights lawyer?

The family of Sampson has retained civil rights lawyer Ben Crump and personal injury attorney Bob Hilliard to represent them, according to the Orlando Sentinel.

Personal injury lawyer and former U.S. Attorney Neama Rahmani told Fox News Digital that ICON Park will "absolutely" be held liable in the incident which led to Sampson's death.

"Absolutely, they're going to be held liable. No Question," Rahmani said.

Rahmani said that the amusement park has a responsibility to keep their rides safe, and added that this case deals with a minor.
The sad part from your post is the terms civil rights and Ben Crump.
-J

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I thought he fell from the very top of the ride, he fell out when the ride was stopping itself on the way to the ground. Literally just slid right out of the bottom of the harness

I’m wondering if he wasn’t strapped in properly because of his size.
My thought also.
He was at Vmax when he left the ride so even though he left the ride at say 150’, it was like he fell the whole way because he kept going down as the ride went back up.
I rode ‘Power Tower’ with my kids this past summer at Cedar Point and this ride was very similar just larger scale.
For those on fence of watching this vid, it’s not graphic in that you don’t see detailed shots of the kid after impact.
You’ve likely seen worse.
-J

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
My thought also.
He was at Vmax when he left the ride so even though he left the ride at say 150’, it was like he fell the whole way because he kept going down as the ride went back up.
I rode ‘Power Tower’ with my kids this past summer at Cedar Point and this ride was very similar just larger scale.
For those on fence of watching this vid, it’s not graphic in that you don’t see detailed shots of the kid after impact.
You’ve likely seen worse.
-J

Seeing it honestly wasn’t much..

The sound though.. that’s the part that I hated

Users who are viewing this thread