TBR / Lund Racing Cammed Lope Idle - Automatic - Supercharged - WHAT?

mystickb1996

Established Member
This.. I have a lope tune but don't run it due to the unknown stress it causes... That tune sounds great tho and on a auto that pretty sweet

What type of stress or wear and tear will this cause to the valve train compared to the stock idle?

Plus doesn't all the excess fuel cause cylinder wash?

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member
Why do you not see the lopey idle on superchaged cars? There must be a reason that this is "all new".

Shaun@AED

We did it a few years ago. Just a PITA to get it marketable for every application. Super chargers put more load on an engine at idle (requiring more torque to turn the blower), the lope reduces torque at idle. It's a tricky balance to get every SC application to lope stable enough to sound good yet not stall.

Hmm because Lund's original version of the lope tune does not work properly in A6's. In fact it only works in a very short list of calibration strategies, which is why it was never marketed for A6's.

My version on the other hand does work, and as it happens when Jon and I were on talking terms the A6 idle lope file was one I sent to him. He had a customer that was going to leave him for an AED tune simply because Lund's idle lope did not work on A6's. I sent Jon the file to help him keep this customer with the understanding he would not market the A6 idle lope tunes. And he has so far stood by his word.

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
We did it a few years ago. Just a PITA to get it marketable for every application. Super chargers put more load on an engine at idle (requiring more torque to turn the blower), the lope reduces torque at idle. It's a tricky balance to get every SC application to lope stable enough to sound good yet not stall.

Hmm because Lund's original version of the lope tune does not work properly in A6's. In fact it only works in a very short list of calibration strategies, which is why it was never marketed for A6's.

My version on the other hand does work, and as it happens when Jon and I were on talking terms the A6 idle lope file was one I sent to him. He had a customer that was going to leave him for an AED tune simply because Lund's idle lope did not work on A6's. I sent Jon the file to help him keep this customer with the understanding he would not market the A6 idle lope tunes. And he has so far stood by his word.

:pop:

mebcop

MasterDebater
Established Member

No good deed goes unpunished....

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
First, this is still in Beta, happy to offer to customers.

But it is a novelty tune, and is just that, I personally love the cam lope, and wanted it on Dorothy.

We'll be doing some beta with the PD cars as well. As well as with the n/a cars.

If we do an n/a or remote tune for your auto, we'll be happy to finalize with a cam lope as well to try out.

NOW, IN response to

A bunch of blathering nonesense

I will say this first, speaking on things I have first hand knowledge of, as some things I don't. I know tuners help each other out from time to time. Is it possible that Shaun helped Lund with something, it is possible. I don't have first hand knowledge. But I know there is sharing out there.

I do know FOR A FACT, that Lund has helped Shaun with tuning on cars. I can say this because Shuan called me personally "years ago" asking for help on a Paxton car that he couldn't figure something out on, he couldn't get ahold of Lund, so he called me, and while we were on the phone, he said, that's Jon calling me back. Thanks for the help. So, to come in here acting like Lund is at his wits end without AED is just silly to me, with the amount of calls Shaun has made to Jon over the years. Not to mention the fact that everyone in the tuning industry knows that Adam is Shauns personal Lund and without him, well...

@ Shaun, To come in here and act all high and mighty and like everyone needs you is just a load of crap. And essentially you are calling us / Lund thieves. And I'm sorry, that is something that will just not be tolerated.

I don't know if it's the rash of blown engines, I don't know if it's the rash of big horsepower guys (from this forum) like Heinz, and Dery jumping ship to go with guys like us/Lund, or JPC to get their tunes dialed in. I don't know if it's the negative posting in the coyote face book forum about customer service, I don't know what it is.

To call us thieves is 100% unacceptable and will not be tolerated. You are now questioning ours / Lund's integrity. That my friend, is a 0 tolerance policy. Have you looked at our file? Can you say it's anything like your file? NO. So to say anything about it is malicious and a lie. Period.

I can tell you 100% from fact that this is "Lund's" file. Maybe it's been too long that most forget. Lund is the one that originally created the Cam Lope tune. Long before anyone else including AED had any idea of how to do it. LUND was the one that Ford asked to put it on the shelf for a while, til they got everything sorted out with the Boss track key. Not AED. Because AED nor anyone else for that matter knew how to do it. Ford had not/ still hasn't heard of/knows who AED is. So, the fact that Lund had the first lope tune on the market, maybe we should call AED a thief for copying his file????

I love this forum, and I love the guys on here, but there is life outside of the coyote forum on SVTP. And, outside of the coyote forum on SVTP, compared to Lund, AED is small apples. There are lots of good tuners out there that do a great job. Lund, Kevin Mac, Adam, Mike R. Daniel. They let their work speak for themselves, not try to create drama. That's why in all honesty, you never see Lund posting, because he lets his work speak for itself. I, on the other hand, am not so quick to be quiet.

I know it's hard to believe outside of here. But Lund does lot's of things that AED does not do. We'll start with the coyote.

Lund developed the Cam tune for the coyote, plain and simple, that is a fact, and if you search back you'll see where Ford asked JON to stop selling for a while.

Lund tunes 8 second coyotes.

Lund tunes 7 second coyotes.

That's why when guys want to go fast. They come to Lund, JPC, or some of the others. But we know where they aren't going. Just where they are coming from...

Lets look outside the coyote forum. And take the recent Terminator / GT 500 shootout. How many cars were AED tuned?

I can tell you the top 5 were LUND TUNED.

Not sure exactly where the top 5 were but..

Scott Waters won it in the finals against Nelson. Scott’s best pass was an 8.18@171. He reset his previous Stock PCM GT500 record.

Brian Devilbiss ran his best with a 8.25 at 165 with a 1.23 60 foot off the footbrake since his transbrake was broken.

Nelson Whitlock ran a best 8.35@163mph with a 1.21 60ft in the Black car.

Mark Duber ran an 8.95 and 8.80 and broke the stick shift record for a GT500.

Jake Conant ran a new best in his Stock PCM EEC-V 03 Cobra - 8.68 @ 156. Spun to a 1.28 60 foot.

The rest of the cars we tune in the class were assorted 2013-14 GT500s and some 03 cobras.

Lund's personal 2014 GT500 ran a best of [email protected] on a 1.63 60 foot with 19” drag radials, Steeda Sport springs, 3.31s, McLeod clutch at 4055lb race weight. E85, upper/lower pulley, LTs, intake, Tb.

Ken B's coyote car won the 10 sec true street class with Jon Lund Sr. driving.

At the end of the day. Lund tunes winners.

We also won that weekend in the coyote modified class, setting a record with the Paxton / JT of 8.81@155 mph.

Also, it's not just about the quantity of tuning Lund does compared to AED, it's the quality. Lets take the King of the Street competition.. Who has tuned the winning car the last 3 years??? LUND. Has an AED tuned car even been invited to the Kots in the competition??

And 2 of the 3 wins, were with coyote cars.

At the end of they day, every tuner has had a customer that has been rubbed the wrong for one reason or the other. No one is an exception. But overall, the quality, quantity, and the amount of records that Lund has speaks for itself.

And everyone that always wants to jump on my tail about starting stuff.

2603488-ramblog+copy.png

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Internet bullying 101.
Pay attention guys.
This is how Terry does business.

Bullying? I am simply posting a service we are working on and offering to customers. How is that bullying?

You come in to my thread. Where I am posting a service we offer. You had no business in this thread. PERIOD.

And on top of that, You call us a thief. So yes, I will respond. And you are not a customer, I don't do business with you.

Malicious / Lying / Trying to generate business in another vendors thread 101
This is how Shaun does business
Pay attention guys.

What you did was bullying my friend.....

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I didn't see where Shaun accused Lund of being a thief...

I gave him the file
he said he wouldn't use it
so far he stood by his word
blah blah

Bottom line, if he had a question for Lund, he could have easily picked up the phone and called Lund. He has the number.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Exactly smart guy he didn't say Lund stole it... Reading is amazing.

same difference David.

If I tell you, you can use my cd, but you can't let anyone else use it. And then you make 100's of copies and sell them. It's stealing.

Not that it was his CD anyways, it's just the implication.

And if you don't think Shaun knew that it was going to cause a shit storm before posting, your nuts.

He knows Jon spends 0 time on any forum, so why implicate something like that on a forum, unless you want to stir the pot.

Last edited:

mastwolf

4800fps = Mach1 in h2o
Established Member
same difference David.

If I tell you, you can use my cd, but you can't let anyone else use it. And then you make 100's of copies and sell them. It's stealing.

Not that it was his CD anyways, it's just the implication.

And if you don't think Shaun knew that it was going to cause a shit storm before posting, your nuts.

He knows Jon spends 0 time on any forum, so why implicate something like that on a forum, unless you want to stir the pot.

There are only so many ways to skin a cat. Im sure someone knew that releasing an auto lope tune would stir the pot. Regardless if its based off how shaun does the lopey idle, a phone call from Lund could have been made to ward off any of this like this..

"Hey Shaun, its John we got our OWN fake cammed out stuff working on the autos and we are going to release it, dont freak out"

I know I don't take to kindly to people saying I copy stuff and then give it out, but I guess its different for the lund crew...they just don't give a rats a$$ what people think? I can see where it might make you look bad though.

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
Ok terry... Just looks bad on your part when you post shit like that. All you had to say was "Jon worked on his own file for this and I'm sure he appreciated you help before".

Now what deals you got on 47lb injectors?

Users who are viewing this thread