TBR / Lund Racing Cammed Lope Idle - Automatic - Supercharged - WHAT?

D1coyote

Established Member
My version on the other hand does work, and as it happens when Jon and I were on talking terms the A6 idle lope file was one I sent to him. He had a customer that was going to leave him for an AED tune simply because Lund's idle lope did not work on A6's. I sent Jon the file to help him keep this customer with the understanding he would not market the A6 idle lope tunes. And he has so far stood by his word.

Since I am the former Lund customer Shaun is speaking of I will share what I know of this. Lund was not marketing the FI lope tunes due mainly to the excessive time required to provide these tunes. My computer strategy was available with a Lund lope tune for NA cars. I spoke with Jon and Shaun both about this and explained that I liked the Lund lope tune when I was NA and wanted to try it with FI. After Jon and Shaun talked about my situation I stayed with Lund. Jon agreed to add the lope to my FI tune to satisfy me but stressed that I may experience some drivability issues. Jon told me that my computer strategy was not an issue and that it would be more work to start from scratch for either tuner so he would modify my existing file. I don't remember exactly when this was but it has been at least 18 months for sure because it was before the 4L80 conversion. I am not a Lund customer anymore because I went a different route after the trans swap due to convenience and location. I am not an AED customer either. Just sharing my first hand knowledge of this ordeal.

RusWolf

Established Member
I do know FOR A FACT, that Lund has helped Shaun with tuning on cars. I can say this because Shuan called me personally "years ago" asking for help on a Paxton car that he couldn't figure something out on, he couldn't get ahold of Lund, so he called me, and while we were on the phone, he said, that's Jon calling me back. Thanks for the help.

Was this around April 2012? If yes than this was my car you speak about.
The issues was with fried stock cats that got melted by Vortech/Paxton's stock tune being super rich. (I have never gotten on the car or driven it hard prior to the dyno tune. Canned paxton's tune just never worked for me and even when Jamie from Vortech tried to help with tune revisions, it still never ran well).

Actually i asked Shaun to call you and lund and ask if they have seen anything like this. (Shaun did mention that Lund and him are not exactly best friends and he wasn't excited about calling him. However, i insisted on the call because this was about making the car run proper/safe, about the customer satisfaction and not about personal disagreements. Shaun agreed and made the call)
We were really not sure what was happening and why we were loosing power above 6200-6300 RPM. After checking Shaun's tune file, checking plugs, compression and everything else was healthy and well we suspected that my cat's were clogged but were still skeptical because the car had maybe 1000 miles on the canned tune (including the drive from WA to CA to get tuned at AED).

This mystery/clogged cats were confirmed later on when i removed them and put the car on the dyno to make sure that was it, and it was as power drop was gone.

P.S. i only bring this up as to show another side of the phone call statement. That's all.

Last edited:

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Was this around April 2012? If yes than this was my car you speak about.
The issues was with fried stock cats that got melted by Vortech/Paxton's stock tune being super rich. (I have never gotten on the car or driven it hard prior to the dyno tune. Canned paxton's tune just never worked for me and even when Jamie from Vortech tried to help with tune revisions, it still never ran well).

Actually i asked Shaun to call you and lund and ask if they have seen anything like this. (Shaun did mention that Lund and him are not exactly best friends and he wasn't excited about calling him. However, i insisted on the call because this was about making the car run proper/safe, about the customer satisfaction and not about personal disagreements. Shaun agreed and made the call)
We were really not sure what was happening and why we were loosing power above 6200-6300 RPM. After checking Shaun's tune file, checking plugs, compression and everything else was healthy and well we suspected that my cat's were clogged but were still skeptical because the car had maybe 1000 miles on the canned tune (including the drive from WA to CA to get tuned at AED).

This mystery/clogged cats were confirmed later on when i removed them and put the car on the dyno to make sure that was it, and it was as power drop was gone.

P.S. i only bring this up as to show another side of the phone call statement. That's all.

no, this was before then,

old thread

on a side note, we have quite a bit of these cars out there and people have been very happy with them!!!

RusWolf

Established Member

old thread

on a side note, we have quite a bit of these cars out there and people have been very happy with them!!!

Lol ok got ya...

only few month old.. not too old lol....

yes we know about the side note man.. haha (that side note goes to most post's lol)

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

old thread

No RusWolf is correct, that IS the EXACT instance You mentioned in this thread. At no other time have I called you and Jon to see if you had seen anything like what we were experiencing on the dyno that day.
I find it insulting you continue to twist stories around in an effort to discredit my business ethics and integrity.

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
No RusWolf is correct, that IS the EXACT instance You mentioned in this thread. At no other time have I called you and Jon to see if you had seen anything like what we were experiencing on the dyno that day.
I find it insulting you continue to twist stories around in an effort to discredit my business ethics and integrity.

I'm not trying to discredit anything. I am way to busy with what we do to worry about what others are doing. Only when my name is mentioned, or mine / lund's integrity is questioned, will I mention anything.

I am plenty content to let sleeping dogs lie.

Matter of fact, I had your back bigtime in the whole Hyper tune steal thing.

Leave me and Lund out of posts and stuff, and you'll never hear a peep outta me :)

Lets all keep dong what were doing.

Last edited:

Shaun@AED

I'm not trying to discredit anything. I am way to busy with what we do to worry about what others are doing. Only when my name is mentioned, or mine / lund's integrity is questioned, will I mention anything.

I am plenty content to let sleeping dogs lie.

Matter of fact, I had your back bigtime in the whole Hyper tune steal thing.

Leave me and Lund out of posts and stuff, and you'll never hear a peep outta me :)

Lets all keep dong what were doing.

Answer your phone, or give me a call when you have a free minute.

Users who are viewing this thread