Taming the Terminator

8gtoklr

Established Member
Treat the car like it will kill you instantly and then you'll learn to enjoy it responsibly.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Just don't be overconfident, and don't be showing out for your friends. Teach yourself on your own watch.

Eh....certain aspects of one's driving ability is natural, while others are learned. As you said, don't be cocky, but to say every 20 year old sucks at driving is a false statement.

However, every woman sucks at driving, regardless of driving.

And really, you chose Nascar as an example of Top-Tier driving.....? You mean the guys that turn left 90% of the time, don't run if its even remotely raining, and put restrictor plates on the cars because 'they go too fast', come on.

Lol, there's a 17 year old and a hand full of under 20s in F1 now. They probably have more seat time than 90% of everyday 40 year olds though, karting at like 3.

Lol, Vettel
vettelschumi4.jpg

Anyway what others said just take you time learning the ropes. There's nothing too crazy difficult about it just respect the loud pedal.

I disagree that drag radials for some one learning is a good idea. I would suggest more of a sticky road race tire like a R888, they're way more user friendly that DRs without leaving much traction on the table. I think a 100% stock Cobra would find it pretty hard to spin them when warm.

Maustang

Established Member
When to lift and When not to lift is the question.
Always be in control of the car. Don't let the car drive itself.
You are going to make mistakes. Hopefully not big ones.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
When to lift and When not to lift is the question.
Always be in control of the car. Don't let the car drive itself.
You are going to make mistakes. Hopefully not big ones.

That's a tough one, I struggled when I first started with RWD and Torque. As soon as you get a little out of shape your nature instinct is to let off and get on the brakes, that will really **** you most of the time.

Zemedici

Established Member
Lol, there's a 17 year old and a hand full of under 20s in F1 now. They probably have more seat time than 90% of everyday 40 year olds though, karting at like 3.

Lol, Vettel
vettelschumi4.jpg

Anyway what others said just take you time learning the ropes. There's nothing too crazy difficult about it just respect the loud pedal.

Exactly my point. Nascar drivers compared to F1.....lols everywhere.

My stock cobra wouldn't spin the NT05Rs I had on it.

MadMad77

Established Member
I do plan on taking advanced driving courses and taking it to local parking lot race clubs, I don't disagree with your suspicion I'm not a good driver either. That being said though I used to do a little offroad cart racing from like 8-12 and I did drive my sisters WRX when she had it.
Also this might sound stupid but I have "rallied" my 2011 corolla on some pretty gravely tight winding roads in the woods. I thought it funny I managed to burn rubber and slide that car around bends

svtshadow

Banned
Practice control wrecks. Do voluntary power slides. Ride out the power slides. learn to control those situations and you are golden. Also adjust your stock Kmember.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
when you spin out take your foot off the gas....please don't end up sending a friend request to a tree.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
when you spin out take your foot off the gas....please don't end up sending a friend request to a tree.

Yes and No, you have to be straight-ish first. If the back kicks out hard and your pointing off-road, letting off the gas is a surefire way to end up going where your looking. Not to mention the lovely 4-link snap you get letting off too fast and unloading all the energy in the suspension...

*See almost every mustang week crash.
[video]https://youtu.be/UQXobiLw8wo[/video]

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
If you do however decide to park in a tree can i have your 3rd brake light?

MadMad77

Established Member
No lol, but what are the suspension parts needing upgraded if ill be putting out 520/520? And why is 1st useless?

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
I do plan on taking advanced driving courses and taking it to local parking lot race clubs, I don't disagree with your suspicion I'm not a good driver either. That being said though I used to do a little offroad cart racing from like 8-12 and I did drive my sisters WRX when she had it.
Also this might sound stupid but I have "rallied" my 2011 corolla on some pretty gravely tight winding roads in the woods. I thought it funny I managed to burn rubber and slide that car around bends

just saw this, least your honest. most people on here race their cobras and have full sponsors.

MadMad77

Established Member
just saw this, least your honest. most people on here race their cobras and have full sponsors.

I wasn't saying I am a bad driver haha. But I think the more difficult thing would be finding a sponser if I am good enough to really race it

MadMad77

Established Member
Best drivers are Rally and road course drivers. NASCAR=left hand turns and drag racing is reaction time.
Hit me!

I agree with rally course drivers too, some of those courses get dicey and a little too close to the crowds for comfort

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This I agree with since I am 20, I plan on doing the whole suspension and tracking it in a year or two. Id rather hear from others mistakes than learn from my own inexperience. I'm smart and a great driver but it only takes one bad move

Does sound like you're wiser than your years, driving wise. Respect the car and you'll be fine. Hope you find the perfect Terminator when you're ready to buy. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread