Taming the Terminator

MadMad77

Established Member
Been reading the forums for a year now so just made an account. I am getting one by March 2016 but I have one minor thing to ask.. How the hell do I drive this thing (assuming I know stick) when my current ride isn't exactly.. How you say, fast

cj428mach

Established Member
Good tires are way more important on these cars than what you're currently use to.

Sonic 03 Cobra

Yes, that's a 2011
Established Member
Use good tired and don't mash the go pedal until you understand how the car behaves.

And remember, when boost gauge goes right, gas gauge goes left.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Like others said, slowly learn the car. When I put the tvs on my car I really took my time learning the new found power.

hotcobra03

Established Member
Dont drink and drive....

As stated above..just dont mash on gas..a good half pedal is enough to hit triple digits fast..

You will find even stock tire spin is crazy..just always be aware

fangs99

Established Member
And if it gets sideways, roll off the throttle. Don't try to be cool and drive it out. And don't slam on the brakes that will wreak you just as fast. Smooth on and off the throttle and brakes.

Zemedici

Established Member
And if it gets sideways, roll off the throttle. Don't try to be cool and drive it out. And don't slam on the brakes that will wreak you just as fast. Smooth on and off the throttle and brakes.

Explained this to my girl yesterday, when you hit the brakes it unloads the rear end even further, so it'll just keep the back end coming around.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

I hate wreaking, lol.
True though.

MadMad77

Established Member
Guess it goes without saying what my age might be ha, but I'm not planning on keeping it stock, I want to drive it like it's built to be

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
and when you do mash the loud pedal, make sure the car is straightened out and pointed where you wanna go cause youll get there in a hurry

Zemedici

Established Member
Guess it goes without saying what my age might be ha, but I'm not planning on keeping it stock, I want to drive it like it's built to be

we all started somewhere, I had my cobra when I was 20. But as we've all said, just be careful. And if you feel sketchy shit happening, LIFT. Its not worth something bad happening over your ego, nahmean?

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
I hate wreaking, lol.
True though.

f840cf3c3a225407bbf84d8745bf14c2.jpg

MadMad77

Established Member
we all started somewhere, I had my cobra when I was 20. But as we've all said, just be careful. And if you feel sketchy shit happening, LIFT. Its not worth something bad happening over your ego, nahmean?
This I agree with since I am 20, I plan on doing the whole suspension and tracking it in a year or two. Id rather hear from others mistakes than learn from my own inexperience. I'm smart and a great driver but it only takes one bad move

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
I am 20. I'm smart and a great driver
Step #1- stop giving yourself credit. You've been behind the wheel (legally) for 4 years. Not 40. You're a shitty driver and a terminator will exploit this fact quickly and mercissely. The only 20 year olds who can comfortably claim this are running in the top 3 series of Nascar, and I'm not getting the impression you're one of them.

Like mentioned, never drink and drive. For any reason or anybody. Ever.
Get used to the power on empty, wide roads with no traffic if a closed course isn't possible.
Always wear drag radials out back, but be extra cautious in the rain if you must drive it.

good luck and welcome.

Black2010

Established Member
Keep it stock for a while. First mods are suspension and then go into go fast goodies.

If you really plan to track the car then I strongly recommend taking some performance driving classes. We all feel as though we are great drivers. Those classes will show that we are only fooling ourselves though.

Zemedici

Established Member
This I agree with since I am 20, I plan on doing the whole suspension and tracking it in a year or two. Id rather hear from others mistakes than learn from my own inexperience. I'm smart and a great driver but it only takes one bad move

Just don't be overconfident, and don't be showing out for your friends. Teach yourself on your own watch.

Step #1- stop giving yourself credit. You've been behind the wheel (legally) for 4 years. Not 40. You're a shitty driver and a terminator will exploit this fact quickly and mercissely. The only 20 year olds who can comfortably claim this are running in the top 3 series of Nascar, and I'm not getting the impression you're one of them.

Get used to the power on empty, wide roads with no traffic if a closed course isn't possible.
Always wear drag radials out back, but be extra cautious in the rain if you must drive it.

good luck and welcome.

Eh....certain aspects of one's driving ability is natural, while others are learned. As you said, don't be cocky, but to say every 20 year old sucks at driving is a false statement.

However, every woman sucks at driving, regardless of driving.

And really, you chose Nascar as an example of Top-Tier driving.....? You mean the guys that turn left 90% of the time, don't run if its even remotely raining, and put restrictor plates on the cars because 'they go too fast', come on.

b_dike

Established Member

good luck and welcome.

^This... Except the NASCAR part. Every single one of those guys suck. They're always bouncing of walls and other cars, and all they have to do is turn left. :poke:

Users who are viewing this thread