SYNC Update Available

FivePointO

Established Member
I had the same issue. A few weeks ago when I logged into My Ford there was an option to update to v4.4 as I currently have 4.2.1. However when I went to do it last week it now says I am up to date. I called Ford and they said the v4.4 update was taken down as there is an even newer update available v4.5. This incorporates all the updates of 4.4 along with application updates as well. However, the Ford rep I was speaking with said this can only be installed at the Ford Dealer.

gpetry

Good to know - Thanks! It sure would make sense if the Sync web page would show that there is an update available but it requires a trip to the dealer instead of telling you that your software is up to date.

Last edited:

Ray Lucca

Established Member
My Sync is getting worse. Over the last 10 times I've driven the car, the Bluetooth Audio has worked once. [Music from my phone playing thru the Shaker wireless.] I sometimes connects to the phone, and then re-connects... Maddening... Sync 4.4 installed, and spent an hour on the Phone with the Ford team.

BlueAngel2014

Established Member
And I wonder why Ford dropped Microsux like a hot potato? But they're pairing with Blackberry???

Hello...FORD....wanna take a look at Apple...the stuff that works 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the time?

FordIVTteam

Established Member
Hey everyone!

Do all of you have SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation (A.K.A. the touchscreen)? If so, please continue checking your Owner accounts over the next few weeks for an update. We did temporarily remove version 4.4 so we can tweak a couple things. Please do not head to your dealer for version 4.5; they won't be able to install it. Currently, it's only being installed on vehicles at the the factory.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Rebecca:
I have the standard stereo on my '14 GT 500 Vert. No Nav. I did an hour on the phone with the I team and believe I have 4.4 , but it operates worse in just about every way. The "Not connected to 911 Assist" issue is also back.. Maddening.
I use an I Phone 6 with the 8.3 OS, if that is any help. Thanx..

mrl859

Established Member
Hey everyone!

Do all of you have SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation (A.K.A. the touchscreen)? If so, please continue checking your Owner accounts over the next few weeks for an update. We did temporarily remove version 4.4 so we can tweak a couple things. Please do not head to your dealer for version 4.5; they won't be able to install it. Currently, it's only being installed on vehicles at the the factory.

Rebecca
I didn't know Ford was still building cars with this Nav system.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Hey everyone!

Rebecca

Good info. Thanks, Rebecca.

1stShelby

Established Member
I have the standard radio and my issue appears unrelated to the SYNC update. I disconnected/reconnected the battery and that solved my problem.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Sync keeps getting worse. Tried to make a legal call while driving, no luck. Had to do it manually with the phone when I pulled over, it then did play through the stereo. Tried Bluetooth Audio, doesn't play and just says unknown on the Dash screen. Basically now useless

SVT-COBRA

Established Member
Sync update with navigation

My car has navigation and I wasted some time trying to find the AUX button before I finally realized that the instructions that I was finding on Ford's website were for non-nav cars. Below are the instructions I used and everything went smoothly.

1.) Take the USB drive with the software updates to your vehicle.

2.)
Turn on your vehicle, and then turn on the radio.
Make sure your car is in a well-ventilated area. Your vehicle will need to be turned on, with the engine running between 25 to 35 minutes. Make sure that your vehicle is not in Accessory mode.

3.)
Plug the USB drive in to your vehicle’s USB port.

4.)
Press the media control.

5.)
Touch User Device on the Navigation screen. Touch Settings and then Install.

6)
SYNC prompts, “Begin Installation?” Touch Yes on the Navigation screen.SYNC prompts “Installing file…” Do not remove your USB drive or turn off your vehicle while this update is in progress. Shortly after installation has begun, SYNC says “Installation Complete.” Ignore this message. It refers to a specific phase of the installation, not the overall update process. While the update is loading, SYNC will not recognize your mobile phone or media device.

7.) In
another five to ten minutes, SYNC says “Installation Complete.” The system then reboots, which takes several minutes. Do not attempt to use SYNC during this time. SYNC may also say, "The system will now reboot. Please wait a few moments before using the system."

8.)
SYNC prompts “Installation Complete.” Touch OK on the navigation screen, and then press the MENU control to exit installation mode.

9.)
It is now safe to remove your USB drive.

10.)
Once you have installed the SYNC software updates, you’ll need to pair your phone again. To complete the process, take the USB drive to your computer to report the successful installation.

big_ole_truck

Established Member
How ironic is it for me. Back a few months ago, I couldn't get the v4.4 update to take. After the fourth attempt, I said it's meant for me not to have it. It's rather strange how things work out at times.

Let's see if v4.5 is the cure for the ills, when it becomes available.

Last edited:

Snoopy49

Established Member
I heard that with version 4.5, Microsoft is bringing back the popular BSOD (blue screen of death). Sorry this option will not be available in the non-nav version.

FordIVTteam

Established Member
Hey everyone,

Just a quick update: I was advised that it's been pulled for everyone. We are working to correct the issues you're all describing; please sit tight a little longer.

Rebecca

aksvt

Established Member
Sorry to hear about all the issues, i installed the update on both my 13' shelby and 12' SuperDuty both with touch screen nav and havent had any issues. The only thing i have noticed is my bluetooth music now displays artist and track info (paired iphone 6) and seems to work just fine. I have had the update installed for maybe 6 weeks now, hope the new update fixes everyone up.

Last edited:

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Just a quick update: I was advised that it's been pulled for everyone. We are working to correct the issues you're all describing; please sit tight a little longer.

Any update, Rebecca?

Users who are viewing this thread