SVTPerformance Quantifies the Effectiveness of the JLT Oil Separator

OrangeCompete

Roadrunner
Established Member
Put one on my Boss a month or so ago and can't believe FRPP didn't include one from the factory. Not even two weeks later I emptied two tablespoons.

KingCobra07

Traction is a virtue
Established Member
Wow. There must be some major blow-by on that car. I've got passanger and driver side JLT catch cans, and after running at the track multiple days, and going for 250+ mile trips, through lots of twisties and playing with Porsche's, I get absolutely nothing in my driver side can, and maybe a couple drops in my passanger, but still not even enough to dump back into my valve cover. I'm an 07 GT500 @18lbs. These catch cans are awesome, and look great, but I'm still waiting to see the oil!

Tucker

Wow. There must be some major blow-by on that car. I've got passanger and driver side JLT catch cans, and after running at the track multiple days, and going for 250+ mile trips, through lots of twisties and playing with Porsche's, I get absolutely nothing in my driver side can, and maybe a couple drops in my passanger, but still not even enough to dump back into my valve cover. I'm an 07 GT500 @18lbs. These catch cans are awesome, and look great, but I'm still waiting to see the oil!

We have a new filter in the testing stages for the GT500 kits and they will collect much more, just like the 5.0 kits.

Cal26Stang

Established Member
Regardless of how much oil ends up in this catch can, it appears to be a well-constructed piece and at least the vendor is on here so you know they've got you covered.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Regardless of how much oil ends up in this catch can, it appears to be a well-constructed piece and at least the vendor is on here so you know they've got you covered.

That's very true. Jay's products are great and he always goes out of his way to support his customers. :beer:

twistedneck

Established Member
My naturally aspirated 5.0 with 5-20 oil puts about 1 tablespoon in every 2000 miles. I put mine on after I pulled the intake and saw raw oil coating the ports.

Junkyard

Established Member
This was one of the first things I put on the Stang when I got it. Solid investment. Better to have it in the catch can than in my engine.

royce04

Confused SVT Poster
Established Member
I have a 04 Mach that is N/A at the moment but I am putting together a eaton swap. Am I understanding this right, different brands of these oil separators remove the oil at different rates? Do I need one of these separators or two {one for each valve cover}? What brand is best for my set up? Sorry for all the questions but I want to get the right parts the first time

Tubra

Established Member
This is after some quick hoonage.
Get one.

2111_zps83a6ca46.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread