SVTP stock pick thread.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Well what happened is not surprising.

It’s not uncommon at all for IPOs to pop hot and then give a lot back.

I expected that even more due to Trump being connected to this.

I would be very careful with this one. Both the GOV and media will try and shut this down or bankrupt it.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app
I'm already out. I took my break even

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I can’t help but believe the places able to move the needle are using AI/algorithms and this is the new market. They make truck loads of cash making tiny swings and we will just get ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VegasMichael

Established Member
What happened? I thought I saw something about a jobs report. It was all green pretty good when I looked earlier. Only thing green now is oil, terrific.
Fed speakers today were speaking cautiously about how inflation is still stubbornly hanging around and there might not be any rate cuts this year if inflation sticks around.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Fed speakers today were speaking cautiously about how inflation is still stubbornly hanging around and there might not be any rate cuts this year if inflation sticks around.

Economy is strong (corporate earnings growth continues), labor market is strong (longest run under 4% since the 60s), inflation is 3.2% which is not much above the long term target of 2 (everyone forgot the Fed in 2020 said they would be willing to have inflation be higher than normal for some time, say 2.5%, to make up for over a decade of 1% inflation). We don't need any cuts. Fed Funds rate was over 5% for the entirety of the dot-com boom (1995-2000). And other than a few months of 1971 and 1972 the Fed Funds rate was over 5% from 1968 to 1991.

Fat Boss

Established Member
I can’t help but believe the places able to move the needle are using AI/algorithms and this is the new market. They make truck loads of cash making tiny swings and we will just get ****ed.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Speak for yourself. My Fidelity account is up 117% since this date last year.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Economy is strong (corporate earnings growth continues), labor market is strong (longest run under 4% since the 60s), inflation is 3.2% which is not much above the long term target of 2 (everyone forgot the Fed in 2020 said they would be willing to have inflation be higher than normal for some time, say 2.5%, to make up for over a decade of 1% inflation). We don't need any cuts. Fed Funds rate was over 5% for the entirety of the dot-com boom (1995-2000). And other than a few months of 1971 and 1972 the Fed Funds rate was over 5% from 1968 to 1991.
Their message today was that they needed more evidence that inflation was coming down.

Pribilof

Life's Better @ Elevation
Established Member
Their message today was that they needed more evidence that inflation was coming down.
Yup and I didn't post anything that contradicts their statements today. Everything in the economy is firing on all cylinders, therefore no need to cut at all, even if inflation was at 2%.

VegasMichael

Established Member
Yup and I didn't post anything that contradicts their statements today. Everything in the economy is firing on all cylinders, therefore no need to cut at all, even if inflation was at 2%.
Understood. I just posted one of the reasons stocks went down today.

Bullitt1448

Established Member
gas is up here, they blame it on allsort of things, reduced production due to maintence shut downs, shortagwes of raw product, labour issues. but they are making record profits.

food is up almost wevery time you go to the grocery store

VegasMichael

Established Member
gas is up here, they blame it on allsort of things, reduced production due to maintence shut downs, shortagwes of raw product, labour issues. but they are making record profits.

food is up almost wevery time you go to the grocery store
Thus why Fed speak was that they needed more evidence about inflation.

q6543

Established Member
The market is already up 10% for Q1… we are in a seasonal pullback that coincides with tax deadlines…

Also we just put in a Top 10 rally of ALL TIME from last October's low.

We can digest all summer…. Just churn and theta burn…. Ram it post election into a Santa clause rally.

Start focusing on 2025…. More of the same.
The year is over already… sell some strangles for a kicker I suppose.

Users who are viewing this thread