SVTP stock pick thread.

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I just bout 1000 shares of tgc @ 1.01. Also bought some of attuf @ .93 last week.
You guys must be naive? I tried to short it, but no shares are available to short. Insiders' hold 40% of the float.

Did you read the SEC reports? They are not hedged to nat gas. Cap expenses are above cash flow.

They only have $68K in cash :eek: with $11,000K in debt. They have VPP's. That's off balance sheet debt. It's triple the debt shown on the financial statements. There is a good reason that they trade as a penny stock. No financial guy or big company would buy it.

The financial statement shows contractual commitments with operators that can not be made. Asset write-downs are coming (or already priced in).

So, really, you are betting that a big player will buy this out? I disagree.

You really should not show yourself long a penny stock play on any forum. Don't do it. People can fight your position. It just makes it more obvious that it may go lower.

Stock Trading 101: "Bulls and Bears Make Money. Pigs Get Slaughtered."

forbanger

Established Member
Anyone have any input on CSTR? Everyone says DVD is dead, but for some reason I just don't believe that. Possible in the next 5yrs but not now.

Every time I stop by a kiosk there is always a line.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Anyone jump on any Facebook stock today? I was going to, but decided against last minute. Kind of glad so far seeing the rapid increase then decrease in a few hours.

GodStang

Established Member
Ok can someone explain the drop down for buying in Scottrade? I opened an account. Have $500 in there. Want to buy some Facebook today. What do I select? There is Limit and some others no idea what each means. I just want to buy some.

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member
Limit means you set the price you want to pay and if it goes that low or high it will automatically buy or sell the desired quantity.

Market means that you buy it immediately at the market price.

forbanger

Established Member
Ok can someone explain the drop down for buying in Scottrade? I opened an account. Have $500 in there. Want to buy some Facebook today. What do I select? There is Limit and some others no idea what each means. I just want to buy some.

Wouldn't buy fb right now. damn thing is in free fall.

zak88lx

Future SVT *****
Established Member
I can't believe how poorly the Facebook shares are doing.
I hadn't looked in a while and was shocked to see them at $26 this morning. :eek:
I feel bad for those first day buyers who paid $45.

I was actually trying to buy some on day one but luckily I didn't.

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
I can't believe how poorly the Facebook shares are doing.
I hadn't looked in a while and was shocked to see them at $26 this morning. :eek:
I feel bad for those first day buyers who paid $45.

I was actually trying to buy some on day one but luckily I didn't.

I think it will come back around and go above 45$ again. I didn't get in on the IPO but I have been watching it closely.

ls1and4.6fan

Established Member
Anyone got any good picks lately, I've been in MusclePharm-MSLP for a while now and its just been disappointing. Its crazy this stock is at .013 due to the fact that most penny stocks have no revenues,etc and MSLP has huge revenues and is a legit company with real products. Either way sitting long on that one, let me know if anybody else has any picks.
:beer:

1995COBRA-R

20 Year Member
Established Member
Premium Member
I've been in MusclePharm-MSLP for a while now and its just been disappointing. Its crazy this stock is at .013 due to the fact that most penny stocks have no revenues,etc and MSLP has huge revenues and is a legit company with real products.
You do not really understand financial statements, cash flow statements, or income statements?

I am going short this one. It's crazy that it goes for $0.013 for a good reason.

ls1and4.6fan

Established Member
You do not really understand financial statements, cash flow statements, or income statements?

I am going short this one. It's crazy that it goes for $0.013 for a good reason.

No I understand all those things. Listen man, I understand they are losing money, but what Im getting at is most penny stocks are shells of companys that have no revenues no nothing. You can go to your local gnc and buy musclepharm product. Yet they are trading below other stocks that have no sales! Its crazy. If management can get their crap together maybe they can right the ship.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Anyone got any good picks lately, I've been in MusclePharm-MSLP for a while now and its just been disappointing. Its crazy this stock is at .013 due to the fact that most penny stocks have no revenues,etc and MSLP has huge revenues and is a legit company with real products. Either way sitting long on that one, let me know if anybody else has any picks.
:beer:

:nonono: I have been saying that I wanted to buy some Sprint as it was lingering near $2/share for a few months. Since the middle of May, it has been on the rise and at $4.70/share today....:bored:

LOL WUT

+65,000
Established Member
Anyone ever look into HLNT? I've got a lot of guys at work investing in it. Can't decide if I want to throw some money at it or not.

LogiWorld123

Established Member
I sold my 3 shares of apple today.

Rate of Return
From To
02/05/2010 09/21/2012
Percent Increase/Decrease
+15.35%

Veritable gold mine in my inherited baby portfolio. Also have PCG and some KO in there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread