Svt feels toward 2001 Cobra 03/04 Mach?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
LOL, just, no.

$10k in mods to a 99/01 will not net you $20k 03/04 Cobra results.

You cannot get a built motor, power adder, T56 and a whole gamut of other differences for $10k. Sure you can throw on a vortech or something for a tune of $4-5k when all is said and done, but you still dont have a built motor or tranny to hold it past that.
I spent less than 10k to get my Cobra where its at right now…. and yes It has a T-56 as well. Engine, tranny, etc also have less than 25k miles. So your logic doesn't apply to everyone. Only thing I dont have are the 3:55 gears and the "stronger" half shafts, as well as some body parts. Still, could've gotten everything done (03/04 Clone) for under 10k.

Last edited:

Blown 89

Established Member
I spent less than 10k to get my Cobra where its at right now…. and yes It has a T-56 as well. Engine, tranny, etc also have less than 25k miles. So your logic doesn't apply to everyone. Only thing I dont have are the 3:55 gears and the "stronger" half shafts, as well as some body parts. Still, could've gotten everything done (03/04 Clone) for under 10k.
This. My car came with a full suspension, brakes, and reworked transmission for well over $10k less than a termi. I added 03 half shafts and a torsion rear and still had $10k to work with. $10k buys a lot of power should I ever get that itch, especially in a 300 lb lighter car from the factory that runs the same 1/4 mile times as an 03 the day I bought it.

LOL, just, no.

$10k in mods to a 99/01 will not net you $20k 03/04 Cobra results.

You cannot get a built motor, power adder, T56 and a whole gamut of other differences for $10k. Sure you can throw on a vortech or something for a tune of $4-5k when all is said and done, but you still dont have a built motor or tranny to hold it past that.
I'm not going to argue with the Cobro brigade on this one so have fun thinking that.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
mach 1s are ugly. Not sure why anyone would be caught dead in one. :burn:

pepboys front chin spoiler + ralleye wheels from 1971 + shaker hood scoop = fail

99/01's look like a v6. Strictly looking at the styling department, 99/01's were a parts bin car for sure.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
99/01's look like a v6. Strictly looking at the styling department, 99/01's were a parts bin car for sure.
In reality, the only thing they match are the hood but that only goes for the 03/04 V6 Mustang, well and the scoops that for some reason Ford decided to add them on the 01 GT but not the Cobra :bash:

I agree, they could've put at least more effort on it on the hood. It looks very plain and IMO thats the only main problem. Thats what made the 98 and below Cobra's sooo sexy, that hood :rockon: The rear was same as the GT, at least the 99/01 had the best NE tail lights.

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member

Technically it's the other way around.

The 99/01 had the "power bulge" hood three years prior to Ford putting that same hood on the v6 cars.

At the time the car came out it was entirely recognizable against a v6 or GT mustang.

Up until the Terminator, pretty much all Cobra's were like that. They usually had a different hood and front bumper, then upped the performance with a better drivetrain, brakes etc.

That was the case with pretty much every Cobra (with exception of the R's) until the 2001 car.. 2001 saw the addition of some interior changes, then in 2003 Ford made the car significantly different.

Ford had left over parts from the Cobra run in 2000 that didn't happen and they decided to use them later on with the v6 cars. That doesn't make the 99/01 car bad looking or even a bad car.

Styling is subjective anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread