Suspension Tech: Bring It!

gt5.0coyote

Established Member
I would start with the softest setting on the front bar, and either the first or second on the rear bar.

Yeah, that shouldn't be an issue. Just pay attention because if you go too far, you may end up with PHR to PHR support contact. You may also want to consider getting some longer bolts as well.

That's what we did. We got 2 spacers and 2 longer bolts and its al good now.

BMR Tech 2

I'm thinking about aftermarket control arms. I'm on my 3rd set of factory arms on my 13 GT Track Pack and the ball joints and bushings are going bad again.

I've read that people have issues with steering wheel shake after using aftermarket arms. Is that something I would need to be concerned about with your arms?

Thanks,
Bill

The steering shake issues happened mainly on some '11 and '12 cars because of the EPAS rack. Ford changed the programming and it's no longer an issue on most '12 cars and not an issue for the 13+.

Slow Five-O

Established Member
I'll be installing BMR panhard bar, LCA's and relocation brackets this weekend. Which hole on the relo brackets should I put the LCA in?

My interests are only drag racing, right now I'm on stock springs and if I were to change them in the future it would be Cobra Jets springs or some other drag setup. It is my daily driver. 6R80

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BMR Tech 2

With stock springs you'll want to be in the upper hole for the relocation brackets. If you go with the 08 CJ springs, then stay in the top hole. If you go with the lowering CJ springs, you'll likely want to be in the middle hole.

Slow Five-O

Established Member
With stock springs you'll want to be in the upper hole for the relocation brackets. If you go with the 08 CJ springs, then stay in the top hole. If you go with the lowering CJ springs, you'll likely want to be in the middle hole.

Just got all your BMR stuff in today! Woo! Thanks I'll keep them in the top hole until I get the lowering CJ springs. Thank you!

MechE

Established Member
The steering shake issues happened mainly on some '11 and '12 cars because of the EPAS rack. Ford changed the programming and it's no longer an issue on most '12 cars and not an issue for the 13+.

Are you aware of a PN change or build date that correlates with this programming change?

BMR Tech 2

Are you aware of a PN change or build date that correlates with this programming change?

It's really hit or miss. It seems to not happen to most cars after mid 2011 MY, but some '12s still experienced it as well. Unfortunately, I don't have a P/N or cut-off date.

chvyeter

new motor almost finished
Established Member
Stock 2014 GT and it's going to be a daily driver plus some time at the drag strip. What type of control arms would you recommend? Not sure if solid spherical or polys would be the way to go? Planning on all BMR rear suspension and drag springs. Looks like a great product and heard nothing but good reviews. I'll likely have to get pieces a little at a time. What should I put on first to get rid of some or all of the wheel hop?

Last edited:

chvyeter

Established Member
Way's down the rode I'll have a blower or turbo setup. Just going n/a for a while though.

BMR Tech 2

For N/A, the poly will do fine. You may want to consider picking up the spherical arms since you have plans for boost down the road, or just switching over once you go boosted.

chvyeter

Established Member
Are they reliable to drive with spherical arms everyday? I know they make more noise. Had them on my foxbody.

chvyeter

Established Member
They sure are! I'd throw some dust boots on them to minimize contamination, that will help prolong the life of the bearings.

So I'm clear. Spherical rear suspension also is the way to go even though I'm n/a for now and driving it everyday? I know it'll be noisy but I think I can live with it again since I have before on my 85

BMR Tech 2

Spherical is almost always superior to poly if the noise doesn't bother you. That being said, you could always do poly for the time being while you're N/A.

chvyeter

Established Member
What's the advantage to replacing the radiator support? I'm guessing to save weight but didn't know how much it saves?

BMR Tech 2

Weight savings. If you do the RS003 which retains the front sway bar, you'd drop about 8 lbs. If you do the RS002 that removes the front sway bar, you'll drop about 25 lbs.

Slow Five-O

Established Member
What's the advantage to replacing the radiator support? I'm guessing to save weight but didn't know how much it saves?

There's a thread here somewhere someone took the time to do all kinds of weight savings and weigh each difference of each thing changed. I can't find it though right now for some reason. The radiator support was significant off the front end.

Users who are viewing this thread