Suggestions for which turbo kit (03 cobra)

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Rex--congrats again on those numbers, but dont count your chickens before they hatch...looks like it's gonna be a battle to see who can put down the highest number now!!! I know my kit, along with a few other HP's will make the power, just not all of them have built motors and ignition systems to handle the power (mine will hopefully be here in a few weeks if they can get proper parts that arent fugged from the manufacturer). Should make for an interesting summer that's for sure...i'd really like to see yours make 1000rwhp uncorrected, hope you get there on Friday.

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
probably is not going to be that hight at 6000ft elevation, We are shooting for 900RWHP at Albuquerque NM uncorrected, I think that is about what we will do, I will let You know on Friday.

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
What are you guys doing to your ignition system to get these cars to put out over 1k hp?

That is truely impressive.

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
smashedheadcat said:
Those are some very impressive numbers!! Congrats on that by the way.

Thanks Smash, We are going to post the new dyno numbers tomorrow, we replaced the 60lb injectors with 75lb, we should be able to rev all the way through to 7500, we stopped at 5900rpm and made 1003RWHP, So I am pumped and will post the new numbers tomorrow. :rockon:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
Big stuff 3 stand alone system...

:rockon: How streetable is the BS3? Meaning, can I get it tuned and run it on the street or is it primarily for a race car?

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
jackers said:
:rockon: How streetable is the BS3? Meaning, can I get it tuned and run it on the street or is it primarily for a race car?

I'll let you know, havent had a chance to use it yet, but im assuming it's very streetable :thumbsup:

jackers

Solid Axle Equipt
Established Member
Definately keep me informed. It sounds silly, but I would love to be able to drive this thing almost everyday with the BS3 on there. I am not sure if that is what it is designed for, but it would be sick if it can be done.

TwinTurboTRex

Banned
blk04cobra1 said:
Rex--congrats again on those numbers, but dont count your chickens before they hatch...looks like it's gonna be a battle to see who can put down the highest number now!!! I know my kit, along with a few other HP's will make the power, just not all of them have built motors and ignition systems to handle the power (mine will hopefully be here in a few weeks if they can get proper parts that arent fugged from the manufacturer). Should make for an interesting summer that's for sure...i'd really like to see yours make 1000rwhp uncorrected, hope you get there on Friday.

I do not have to count my chickens, they are allready in the coupe unlike yours..............lol, we did 1172RWHP corrected, and 956RWHP uncorrected to the ground in ALB, there is a number for You to shoot for, to begin with, good luck and hope your kit comes together soon. :bash:

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
TwinTurboTRex said:
I do not have to count my chickens, they are allready in the coupe unlike yours..............lol, we did 1172RWHP corrected, and 956RWHP uncorrected to the ground in ALB, there is a number for You to shoot for, to begin with, good luck and hope your kit comes together soon. :bash:

congrats man...strong numbers indeed :thumbsup:

XRQTOR

Banned
TwinTurboTRex said:
Do you mind throwing down what kit you have and what options you got along with any other supporting mods. What fuel was it with.

I'm looking at the THP kit and VT 324" shortblock and would like to make north of 1ooorwhp on pump fuel. Now i know it's possible i'm Just wondering what other mods i'll need to get there.

Last edited:

XRQTOR

Banned
TwinTurboTRex said:
Antoehr question for you mate, what size turbo's are you running.

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
hello guys

Just finished up my hp tt. Gotta tell you nathan is a super nice guy and gave alot of tech support, the kit is well designed and super powerfull

I made 700rwhp on pump gas with a stock throttle body an a shitty tune with boost controler problems

ttsvtdetailed3.gif

vd..

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
XRQTOR said:
Do you mind throwing down what kit you have and what options you got along with any other supporting mods. What fuel was it with.

I'm looking at the THP kit and VT 324" shortblock and would like to make north of 1ooorwhp on pump fuel. Now i know it's possible i'm Just wondering what other mods i'll need to get there.

He's running the THP 61mm turbo kit, 75lb injectors, and not pump gas...even with a built motor 1000rwhp on pump gas is not gonna be likely w/out putting your motor in harm's way. You'll make 1000+rwhp with 61mm's and up turbo's...

TRBO VNM

blk04cobra1 said:
even with a built motor 1000rwhp on pump gas is not gonna be likely w/out putting your motor in harm's way. ...

yeah, that is just crazy to even bother trying. with the money spent (not even an investment), why even risk it. unless you just have plenty of money to burn and have no problem with your car being down during rebuilds. i wouldn't push more than 650 on pump gas(93 octane), but that is just me and i like to be conservative.

smashedheadcat

Established Member
VIPER D said:
hello guys

Just finished up my hp tt. Gotta tell you nathan is a super nice guy and gave alot of tech support, the kit is well designed and super powerfull

I made 700rwhp on pump gas with a stock throttle body an a shitty tune with boost controler problems

ttsvtdetailed3.gif

vd..

Nice numbers!

Users who are viewing this thread