Suggestions for which turbo kit (03 cobra)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
VIPER D said:
...SNIP...

ttsvtdetailed3.gif

vd..

i gotta question for ya, why is the pulley support bracket still on there? Is it needed with the HP kit?

Good to see you are not forced to relocate the battery to the trunk like with the THP kit.

XRQTOR

Banned
TRBO VNM said:
yeah, that is just crazy to even bother trying. with the money spent (not even an investment), why even risk it. unless you just have plenty of money to burn and have no problem with your car being down during rebuilds. i wouldn't push more than 650 on pump gas(93 octane), but that is just me and i like to be conservative.
Not sure if it'd make a huge difference but our pump gas is 98 ron.

Wickd03

Banned
TwinTurboTRex said:
I do not have to count my chickens, they are allready in the coupe unlike yours..............lol, we did 1172RWHP corrected, and 956RWHP uncorrected to the ground in ALB, there is a number for You to shoot for, to begin with, good luck and hope your kit comes together soon. :bash:

man you can't say a positive thing can you. talk about a :loser:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
postban said:
i gotta question for ya, why is the pulley support bracket still on there? Is it needed with the HP kit?

Good to see you are not forced to relocate the battery to the trunk like with the THP kit.

It just kinda stays there. The alternator is the only thing on it. You don't have to touch anything, just pop on a shorter belt and you're money. Alternator stays put, lower pulley stays put and like you said, battery stays put.

kino

Established Member
XRQTOR said:
Not sure if it'd make a huge difference but our pump gas is 98 ron.

On 93 octane the RON is typically 98 with a MON of 88. That is the typical that you will find. When you accelerate and the motor is working up a sweat, you lose octane points. I do petroleum testing and you would be surprised about the various octane ratings cetane indexes for diesels.

Read this link for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating

XRQTOR

Banned
kino said:
On 93 octane the RON is typically 98 with a MON of 88. That is the typical that you will find. When you accelerate and the motor is working up a sweat, you lose octane points. I do petroleum testing and you would be surprised about the various octane ratings cetane indexes for diesels.

Read this link for more information:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Octane_rating
I have no idea :shrug: , over here we have 3 types of fuel 93, 95 and 98. 95 & 98 are considered Premium fuels and they charge for it to, 98 runs $1.49 a liter atm.

The fuel musn't be to bad as there are a few car's who compete in a dyno comp here caller horsepower hero's, last year's winner (TT 3o8) made 13**rwhp on pump gas.

Last edited:

kino

Established Member
XRQTOR said:
I have no idea :shrug: , over here we have 3 types of fuel 93, 95 and 98. 95 & 98 are considered Premium fuels and they charge for it to, 98 runs $1.49 a liter atm.

The fuel musn't be to bad as there are a few car's who compete in a dyno comp here caller horsepower hero's, last year's winner (TT 3o8) made 13**rwhp on pump gas.

If those are the RONs then over here in the US, your gas would be rated as 89, 90 and 93. If those are the average of the RON and MON then you have some pretty nice fuel there. Given the price you quoted I would tend to believe those just are RONs although I could be mistaken. Your prices are close to what 93 octane cost over here. Its hard to tell sometimes as fuel is generally region specific.

VIPER D

PSI Monster
Established Member
Blown02 said:
When you made 700rwhp.. how much psi did it take?

17 lbs on 93 pump gas.

the problem was with the boost controler. It was bleeding off boost b/c set to auto so the turbos didin't hit the way they should of.

Dam jap instructions. Took me forever to figure it out after the dyno tune session. Now i am a master of that dammm controler.

vd..

Users who are viewing this thread