Still got your original battery??

yellow03cobra

Established Member
yes, but I have 12,000 miles on my car.

I did have to slow charge it once to get it back, but working fine again.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
This must have been one hell of a battery.I`m lucky to get 3 years on one in any of my other vehicles!

03sm3341

Established Member
had mine until last spring might still have it if the alt. did'nt kill it. Now I have a nice new motorcraft in mine

Mike Gnolfo

Gimme Fuel
Established Member
my car sits often and at 12.5k it was replaced with stock Motorcraft...14.5k now :rolling: I have since got a battery tender which is awesome

homer302

Banned
Garage queen/weekend car since day 1. 7,2XX miles. Most of those miles were in the first 3 years of ownership. Been on a tender for last ~3 years. Lead plates still look new; no buildup.

Holy Crap. You take your battery apart to look at the lead plates. Man, you need a job or another hobby possibly. Back when batteries were designed with removable caps I never took one apart just to look at the lead plates.

However, yes still on the original battery. The Battery Tender is evil. I hope lightning never strikes near any of your homes while your car is hooked up to one. Don't be calling Deltran for help either. They will not be returning your phone calls and you will be spending many many hours replacing bulbs, controls, switches and ECUs.
A new battery every 3 years is cheaper by far.

dom418

Established Member
might be a dumb question but what came with our cars? Was it a motorcraft? I want to replace mine with a stock battery and want to know where to buy one.

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Just saw this thread, my battery died 4 hours ago, lasted me 58k miles, 7 years.

Black306

Established Member
Holy Crap. You take your battery apart to look at the lead plates. Man, you need a job or another hobby possibly.

Looking at lead plates is my other hobby. You know the first one, maintaining my magical insurance that covers aftermarket modifications. :lol:

Actually my job, among other things, deals with automotive batteries on a daily basis. So popping battery caps from time to time on my cars is nothing unusual for me.

Now, looking at the plates without having to pop the caps.....that's unusual.

battery_1.jpg

battery_2.jpg

battery_3.jpg

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
might be a dumb question but what came with our cars? Was it a motorcraft? I want to replace mine with a stock battery and want to know where to buy one.

Yup,get it from the Ford dealer.I think they`re about $100.

Y2k4cobra

Bohemian Bandit II
Established Member
My battery took a dump last month at 9,000 miles so I put in a ford GT battery I had to fab up a L clamp to clamp it down but it looks good and its a optima battery and weighs probably 15lbs lighter than the stock one.
4020228414_037a5f7d90_b.jpg

reggies

Established Member
Bought my '04 with 4200 miles in July '05 with a newly replaced Motorcraft battery. I remove the battery every fall when I store the vehicle and I'm closing in on 6500 miles.

Users who are viewing this thread