Still got your original battery??

TrueBlueGT

is impressed!
Established Member
Have an optima battery now. Bad alternators toasted my oe battery so finally I put an underdrive pulley on a brand new alternator and put in a brand new optima. knock on wood, that combo seems to have fixed my alt troubles.

Jroc

Established Member
Just under 38K, and am still on the stock battery. I think its starting to get a little weak though. Its a pretty early build model.

WTF is a Tender?

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member
My battery took a dump last month at 9,000 miles so I put in a ford GT battery I had to fab up a L clamp to clamp it down but it looks good and its a optima battery and weighs probably 15lbs lighter than the stock one.
4020228414_037a5f7d90_b.jpg

How much did it cost?

I wonder if Tousley has them?

lifter213

Established Member
Still on the stock Original battery. 18k miles and I keep it on a tender since i hardly drive it anymore.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Original battery here. 28k miles and a trickle charge in the winter when the car sits.
Just the other day while getting a wheel alignment the shop left the key on for almost 3 hours while doing the alignment and the wideband drained the battery dead. They jumped it and it charged right back up and still works great :)

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Just under 38K, and am still on the stock battery. I think its starting to get a little weak though. Its a pretty early build model.

WTF is a Tender?

Battery Tender, keeps the battery maintained when not in use. Usually for the people who go days/weeks without driving their car.

Users who are viewing this thread