Still got your original battery??

coild

Established Member
Just curious who is still on their original factory battery?
Mine still works great, but I have used a battery tender for the last two years. I think that is what makes it last longer. Mine is an '03 and a garage queen with only 18,700 miles.

Ray Lucca

Established Member
Very early # 34 production Vert., 27,500 miles, original battery. Had the Elec. system and battery checked before the Tune, so far so good. Due to die any day......

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yup,born 6/2002 almost 17K,no tender,garage kept.I do seriously need to consider getting a new one.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
I was until Sunday!! Car has become a weekend driver over the past month, and standed me at Lowes on Sunday... :( Had to beg for a jump from a Chevy guy..!

Wierd thing is that it gave me no warning. Started fine before the drive, and then came out and literally was dead!!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
12k miles here.....2nd owner....original battery...stored in the garage with no tender. This year I do plan on getting a tender tho

prostkr

Established Member
Mine went last week, 26k miles.....only 8k miles in the last 3 years. It would have lasted longer but I back it in and out of the shop a ton and never drive it to charge it back up.

Black306

Established Member
Garage queen/weekend car since day 1. 7,2XX miles. Most of those miles were in the first 3 years of ownership. Been on a tender for last ~3 years. Lead plates still look new; no buildup.

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Not 100% certain if mine is the original since I'm the 3rd owner, but it looks like it. It's the OEM battery, and it looks rather old.

12/02 build with 72k miles. It's a DD though, and it has been for quite some time.

Users who are viewing this thread